Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Zoom Updates

I need help deploying zoom updates or allowing non-admins to update zoom because zoom is constantly updating. Any suggestions?  View more

• 38 replies
  • 2 kudos

Using LDAP Fields

Hey folks,We're looking for a way to populate as many fields in JAMF using our OKTA-LDAP integration (already set up). Currently we're populating the email, username and full name fields.1. Is there a place that lists the values that need to be fille...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy File Scripts

Hi all, Am trying to create a script to copy files from /Library/Shared/TeamsBackground to the User's Microsoft Teams folder. As a test case, i deliberately do not have Backgrounds and Backgrounds/Uploads folders in the User's Teams directory. When i...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

PSA: Problems packaging VMware Fusion 11.5.5

VMware Fusion 11.5.5 now has 21 files in the application bundle with attached xattrs which are not preserved if you use Composer to create a .pkg installer, or when running the AutoPkg recipe for packaging VMware Fusion 11. Attempting to run a VM wit...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP vs. Non-DEP / iMacs that are donated

Good Afternoon JAMFers, Our district is on the receiving end of some donated iMacs that are being purchased through Apple, by some other 3rd party and then being donated to our district. Both the 3rd Party and Apple for whatever reason don't want to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

OneDrive Production version report

@H3144-IT Hello, MS Onedive has not been updated to the version 20.064.0329.0008 yet. That version is available by Insiders ring only. Current prod version its still 20.052.0311.0011, and it is available in App Store.Please do not update with betta v...  View more

cbc8a0770c524d8cadd1431b52a25723 2aaa4cc646ff4ec0850464405c33aceb 876d0039c4b74eeaabce413a2c07ded3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

displayMessage.sh fails with error of type -10810

Attempted the displayMessage.sh provided by Jamf. Very inconsistent between OS versions but the policy comes back with: Script result: Displaying message to user...36:341: execution error: An error of type -10810 has occurred. (-10810) It exits succe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

End User Security Profiles and Settings

I posted this on the general discussion board earlier today but then I discovered this new community and I feel like it fits better here since we are all in the education world. I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for end user security profiles

I am wanting to improve our end user security within our school district on our macOS devices. Since I have taken over the Jamf/macOS/iOS process I have noticed that we don't have any real security profiles set up. What are some of your preferred pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Enable issue Catalina 10.15.5

Greetings, I have been having issues enabling filevault on my jamf devices. I have a configuration profile configured as the following (pictures Jamf 1 and Jamf 2 attached) I also have a policy that enforces the filevault enablement "at next login" a...  View more

a8fdcb9db7374547abd453ab6fbd406d 454b0fe6b7804124a380184e610f151f 3ceb01d93cc04e479e7460dfe5cbae82 7a6b0cca43eb416b96d1304e7d6c2cac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off Content Cache via JAMF

Im trying to figure out a way to disable Content Caching from computers enrolled in our JAMF instance but there's no obvious way to do that in JAMF. The Content Caching tab doesnt seem to have a feature to "Disable" only ways to manage the content ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

hostname and computername do not match

I've been troubleshooting an issue with a new piece of software. It's come down to the hostname having ".modem" as a suffix to the computername. I know I can chance the hostname fairly easily. I would just like to know why it's happening and what the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting DEP on the jss and Replacing. Problems?

Hi Everyone. Really dumb question. I'll try to be as brief as possible. Have a problem where DEP is not communicating with our jss. Error "Sync Failed. Awaiting Next Sync. I've tried a new token upload but every time I get an "Problem Contacting Appl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading JAMF notification service

I had a policy in place to change the management icon to our company's logo, but lately, I've found it's no longer working, and spotted this during check-in: "Upgrading JAMF notification service". After that, the management icon goes back to default....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Power BI Dashboards

Looking into using Power BI to generate reports for our instance. What are some items everyone is showing on their dashboard that has been beneficial.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Blocking Apps whilst on our SSID

Hi All, I have been told that its possible to block/hide apps while an ipad (that is managed and supervised) is on school property and using the schools main SSID. What I really need to do is make sure that students only have access to certain apps w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermediate certificate from Jamf

HiWe intend to automate connection to wifi networks so that ipad devices automatically find our wifi network. Wonder if Jamf self can issue an intermediate certificate - has anyone done that?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Tokens - Local Account PW Change

We have a local account on all of our Mac systems. It's a full Admin, FV2 enabled account that is used primarily by support. At this point the PW for this account is widely known and we would like to change that PW and put it on a 90 day rotation sch...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service pkg now not working.

I created a Adobe Acrobat XI Pro awhile back using the AAMEE and it was working great (yes i know XI pro is EOL and not 10.15 compatible). recently every time a computer running 10.12/10.13/10.14 go to install via Self Service, the policy is failing ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble capturing an "installing" files

I am trying to do something quite simple... I capture some files into a DMG. Run the DMG via a policy, verify files are in the proper location. This is not an install, must a single folder with a .pkg file, and a couple of hidden folders. I run compo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors