Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Software Update Servers - Netsus install

Clearly I'm missing something. I've got a Netsus 5.0.1 install with 1 Branch currently setup. How can I configure this server within jamf pro (Server Infrastructure/Software Update Servers). I seem to only be able to enter the server address and a po...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out tech account after 2 days

I was looking for a script to log out a specific local account that has been logged in for 2 days. Use case would be when our techs don't log out after working on a machine.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CreateMobileAccount using Self Service

hey all, i'm trying to utilize: /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n to prompt the user for the said parameter "-n" by using Self Service. Currently what i have is: #!/bin/sh un=`/usr/bin/osascript ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error running script via Policy on end-user Mac

Hi all - I have a small issue.Background - our organization pumped out the JAMF Enrol process to our existing fleet of Mac's via the old (now decommissioned) Mac Management System (not used anymore). This process was 100% successful in getting the Ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there an api rate limit using hosted Jamf pro?

I'm working on speeding up some scripts by threading my calls instead of running things in serial. I'm not seeing any officially listed rate limit, but want to be respectful at the same time. Anyone know of a rate limit or guidance for a hosted Jamf ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Need Help - Jamf AD CS Connector with Jamf Cloud

So I have been working with my cert experts and I'm trying to get Jamf AD CS Connector working to issue machine certs to our Macs and iPads but after I have all the information entered into Jamf after setting up the connector on an internal Windows 2...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Apple Updates

What's the best way to force supplemental updates? I would love to know how you guys are doing this.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Nation Redeploy Initiative

Hello Jamf Nation! As we all know, COVID-19 is causing an unbelievable amount of stress on hospital systems and education institutions across the globe. In many cases this is creating a few very difficult situations: Healthcare organizations are havi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 14 kudos

One bucket for Multiple Jamf instances

Good Morning everyone, we are currently upgrading to multiple jamf instances so the idea rised that we could use one AWS Bucket for multiple instances, i cant find anything related to this anywhere so is this a new idea(wich i doublt) or is it just n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using the profiles command in 10.15.4

I've been using "profiles -I -F /tmp/file.mobileconfig" to install a profile manually for years. Now I'm getting the following when trying to push it out via ARD, as root, to several computers: Enter the admin user name:Error: Missing user name.profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock iPad Pro 3rd Gen

I've got an iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd generation. It's got an MDM on it but it's locked up and the person that it's assigned to cannot recall the passcode. I also cannot get it to connect to wifi since I cannot get into it. If I send a "clear passcode" it n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 10.36 and 10.37 Crashing

We have Office 365 version 16.36 installed and this was working fine until a few days ago. We have 20-30 macs running 10.14.6 that have office apps crashing every 5 -10 minutes. I am not seeing this behavior on other macs running 10.14.6 or Catalina....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blender 2.82a incorrect file permissions - quickfix

Posting this here because some poor soul might be searching for it in the future...If you've been asked to deploy the latest version of Blender 2.82a and you've discovered it's DMG packaged file permissions are messed up from the official website, th...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 5 kudos

randomize local admin password upon DEP enrollment

Hello All, right now we have local admin UN and PW set in our DEP enrollment process, but since it cant be randomized natively, its cause for a security concern. basically what im looking for is a way to integrate with thycotic or even via a script, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina Install policy fails - log info inside

Looking to finalize steps needed to upgrade our clients to macOS Catalina. I have the reset ignored all done. I have the stub installer in the Applications folder. When I run the policy to Install I see the following: Policy Log: [STEP 1 of 4] Execut...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SEP Cloud Removal Script

I'm fairly new to JAMF and scripting, so some advice would be welcome! My organisation is moving away from SEP Cloud, and I'm trying to create a script and policy in self service to give employee's the option to self-uninstall before we push it to th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SEP Cloud removal tool script

(apologies for bulk-post - received an "error saving discussion" message so assumed it didn't work the first time) I'm fairly new to JAMF and scripting, so some advice would be welcome! My organisation is moving away from SEP Cloud, and I'm trying to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors