Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Microsoft Teams Autofill

I successfully created and tested the autofill for office logins located here. However, Teams does not seem to play by the same rules. Has anyone had any luck uploading a plist for teams to autofill the user email?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect 4.8 deployment

Hello Does anyone had any issue with Cisco AnyConnect 4.8 deployment on Catalina?So far I had no problem deploying this policy or previous versions on Mojave and below. Manual installation works well.I collected log files from installation process.Ap...  View more

90b687bcc6a54419a4779208bd966e45
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

T2 chip smart group

I am trying to create a report for a security audit coming up. When looking at the filevault status on t2 computers its showing as not encrypted. However when you look at the computers it is showing filevault is enabled. From my understanding, comput...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WSS connection failure - certificate invalid

I was tried to update my MacOS from Mojave to Catalina. But it was not worked for me and still opening Mojave.After the update I have tried my wifi is connecting but unable to browse. Google services like youtube drive are opening. Other websites or ...  View more

6a9921c8c7b84425815ec49f86ab01b8 cc8e1775ca9c43aaa215dd9bd4e4fb49
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting parental controls under control

I've two middleschool hackers living in my home and we're unsuccessful in controlling MacBook Air and iPhone usage. Parental control settings on the MB Airs are bypassed 5 mins after set-up with a few UNIX commands and a reboot to create a new admin ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create script in automator to change recovery key

Hey , I've been using JAMF NOW for a several months now at my company for Macbooks. I'm trying to write a script to change the recovery and get the recovery key in Jamf. I'm trying to write the script like a way that the user only has to login in wit...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook Signature Templet

Anyone have a solution for automating outlook signatures? I'd love to be able to use a template with someone filling in first name last name, phone number, address, company logo, email etc.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Initial profile creation via LDAP + Mobile Profile

Hi There - First post on Jamf Nation and to be honest I'm fairly new to Jamf. Do we need to have Jamf Connect to enable users to login to their macbooks via AD credentials (and also create mobile profiles for offline login) or can this all be accompl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enforce Managed AppleID on iPad Fleet

Hi, we have a large fleet of Junior School iPads and have only just finished the federation of managed AppleIDs in ASM. I know it is a long shot, but is there a way for us to push the AppleID for the assigned user out to the device and enforce iCloud...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee MVISION Cloud EPO

Has anyone successfully deployed McAfee with Jamf using the MVISION Cloud EPO? The installer provided is a McAfeeSmartInstall.app file that is designed for single installation use, not deployment. Trying to figure out if I should stick to the on-prem...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2016 Updates - Block 2019

Hello All! Our company still runs on Office 2016 only and the updater auto updates to Office 2019 almost right away. How can I block this from happening? Its breaking the license and puts Office into read only mode. I need the updater to be on for se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

[ANN] Google Chrome for Kiosks Code Posted To GitHub

FYI: We have posted our code and methodology for configuring and managing kiosk implementations using python, configuration property list, launch agent and Google Chrome with command-line switches (Chromimum command-line switches). Here is a link to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Background

Hello, I've seen that it's possible to impose a background in the JAMF configuration profiles, but is it possible to choose the arguments "occupy the whole screen" "stretch ..." ? Indeed the wallpaper size is not adapted to all MacBook models, we wou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Show off your reporting dashboard!

Jamf Pro has built-in dashboards, but many admins want the flexibility of Business Intelligence (BI) or reporting tools. JNUC 2019 introduced integrations with some of the most popular tools. We have been hard at work creating resources to help you g...  View more

• 63 replies
  • 5 kudos

How to run a script as administrator

I need to run an activation script as administrator after my pkg installs. I've successfully created the install pkg, in the self service center, it runs, executes, then fails. I've been able to run the pkg and the script manually on the mac, it prom...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

TSPS

What is TSPS as it relates to removing firmware password in previous discussions? I know elementary question, but it has been some years, like 20 since my IT management days. Thanks.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locked 2007 MacBook

I have a mid 2007 MacBook with X10.7.5 but because I use as a typewriter for documents and photos I don’t use as often so I locked my self out. I tried Com/r but it’s wants the user password when I press com/s or shows a lock and wants password when ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2020 Announcement

Jamf Nation, The health and well-being of the Jamf Nation community is of utmost importance to us. As a result, today we announced that the 2020 Jamf Nation User Conference is being relaunched as a complimentary virtual event, held on the same dates:...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 16 kudos

How do your users initiate a request for a new Mac?

Hey gang! Doing a bit of research to see how other companies have their users initiate a request for a new Mac, as we look to improve our own process. If you don't mind sharing, I'd like info on how you do it at your company. What do your users do to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Write access to /Downloads folder

Hoping someone can help me out with this - I need to drop a file in ~/Downloads when deploying software during our automated enrollment. We use Slack for internal messaging, and there is a preconfigured Slack token that will populate our Workspace UR...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to test antivirus.

Hello! We are currently deploying Microsoft ATP on our test Macs, but I have no way of knowing that it is working properly. Is there a test file that you all download to see if the antivirus is working?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Refresh MDM Profile - need approval

Hello, Recently we tried to deploy a new configuration file that limit "External Media" access.I saw that for a few computers it didn't deploy and the error was: The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs server.After reading here a bit, I s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors