Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Discuss Your "Onboarding Flow"

I'm really curious how different organizations manage onboarding new users, and how I could being using Jamf to better automate my redundant tasks. Are you completely zero touch? If so, how do you automate some of the necessary tasks? Or (like myself...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Google Chrome hanging on JSS

When I try to add a script to a policy, it just hangs after I click add on the script I want. I haven't had to do this in awhile, so I'm not sure what is the cause (new JSS version or Chrome version) Has anyone else had this problem and how did you f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 after hibernation, what conditions?

What is hibernation exactly? I've gotten my Security & Privacy, and LockScreen Configuration profiles where I want them through a combination of settings, but the implications of this one setting is unclear. In Configuration Profiles, Security & Priv...  View more

722e11254ed84d5fad368e2e0783d81b
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Auto-Login User

Hi Everyone,I have some kindergarteners - 2nd graders that I would like to have auto-login to their MacBook Airs using Mojave. They all have the same username and password. These students are unable to fully read or type so I want to have each comput...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local admin management

Is there a tool to manage local admin accounts similar to a LAPS tool that doesn't depend on Active Directory to manage the password? I checked out the tool at the following link, which looked promising, but it appears dependent on AD to manage the p...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing Device names during Prestage Enrolment

Hi All, I had an issue before with a limit of how many entries you can have in the Mobile Device Names of the prestage enrolment (500). Anymore and you cannot scope anymore devices into the prestage enrolment. Even if you have not enrolled 500 device...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set System Language

Looking for a way to have a policy run that ensures and/or sets the language to US English. Being in a school, of course, we get the occasional student who thinks it's funny to change the system language. Not bad but I can't read Arabic. Would like t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applications / Process Killer Script

Sometimes when you're deploying software updates and upgrades, you need to identify if the application in question that is being updated and/or upgraded is running and if it is, sometimes you need to quit it. Sometimes, some applications that you are...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Updating server token

Hi I’m new to Jamf (less than a fortnight) so I’m probably just making a rookie mistake here. Not even sure if this is the right place to submit an enquiry like this - apologies if not. I’m attempting to update the server token in our Jamf Cloud DEP ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Google Logout When Closing Chrome Window

Hi,We use a shared login for our Mac lab. When students log into Google services and close the Chrome window (but they don't quit Chrome), I'm finding that when the next student opens Chrome, the prior student's Google account is still logged in. Is ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Jamf cli tools configuration pwd?

I don't use the cli tools often, and when trying to check something today, I'm being prompted for the configuration password but none of my documented passwords are being accepted. Is there a quick and simple way to delete the cli configuration and s...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Exploit

For those of you who wake up to Zoom Exploit news. You can set ZoomOpener.app as a Restricted Software. Kill ProcessRestrict to exact process nameKill Process. I would not recommend turning on Send Email or Message to the user.  View more

8901e851a56e4bb5a97b1b5e685d1957
  • 103 replies
  • 5 kudos

Installing DMG that requires manual interaction

I am working on installing the DMG from https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/cameras/Conference%20cam/FWUpdateRallyCamera_1.2.4.dmg. using Jamf Pro My question is simple, to run the installer I need to actually run a command line that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Success Enrolling cloud-managed Chrome Browsers on Mac?

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9301891I've tried the "CloudManagementEnrollmentToken" file placed in the directory through JAMF as described above with no luck. Reinstalled chrome, signed existing users out and back in, but nothing seems ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Uploading Policy Icon via API

Hello,I am currently in the process of making a C# based service that takes packages out of a Workflow Management System and creats JAMF packages and policies accordingly. One of the issues ive ran into is that a requrement is to give each policy a P...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing Profile file for JDK

Hi, I am trying to capture Java development toolkit and after the installation, I need to edit a file named "profile" and need to add few Java related lines in it and save it.I captured this part too however my package doesnt have the profile file. A...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't upload custom configuration file

Hi! We're just starting with Jamf and we wanted to set a company webpage as a homepage in Safari. I read a little about it, found code for custom profile and wanted to have a go. The code I found is this (replaced the site name with facebook): Ho...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Copy Application .plist to Other Users?

Hi, I'm relatively new with Jamf. I'm trying to deploy Macs Fan Control to our systems with the D700 GPU to ensure they don't overheat and I'd like to make sure every user has the same fan profile and that it automatically starts on boot (start on bo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"myDocuments" showing up in Finder Favorites

Hello all! I'm running into an unusual problem, and thought that the expertise to solve it would be here, if anywhere. When I use Finder sidebar Favorites to connect to more than one Windows share, Finder locks up. I kill it, and restart, only to fin...  View more

96e0369ea664416b9d1272921bc864a8
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Tour Notifications

Has anyone figured out how to disable "Welcome to macOS Mojave" tour notifications that appear after an upgrade?Have tried a couple of approaches but am not having any luck.  View more

82602583aaea4d4b9b2313441b822763
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors