Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Best major OS upgrade workflow for labs?

Greetings all, tl;dr: Can I do a major (Sierra or High Sierra to Mojave) macOS update on my student labs without having to click through screens on site. Longer, more Bruce-like version: We have a variety of specialty labs in what we call the Center ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad repairs

Hi We have just had an iPad that needed to be repaired.There were a lot of emails back and forth, between us and them.They were requesting that we remove the MDM profile off the iPad, and also to unregister it with DEP.It took a while to find out wha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass iPad renaming

So I have been asked to do District wide numbering of iPads, we were doing site based prestages and naming but now the way they are being used we are going to a global naming convention, for example LCSD-IPa-0000 to LCSD-IPa-1400 I am wonder if there...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad AD Privileged user

Hi all, We use NomAD to connect to our AD and create standard accounts for users on our Mac's. We do not join the mac's to Domain. I wanted to know if there a way of connecting our privileged accounts to auth installs etc without creating a local adm...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self service - not able to connect randomly

Is it only me that often has clients where the self service cannot connect ? see picture I have tried various commands and I can push commands to the client so it is connected to Jamf. And also changing to different network does not solve it Anyone h...  View more

52555093ab5644209d80e0dc66fecf3a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating computer inventory Computer Names

I'm running a bash script to update the computer name of our Macs dynamically based on a combination of the current user and our standard PC naming convention. This updates the computer name successfully, I can see this is reflected within systems pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina 10.15 Beta + Prestage Enrollment Error

I'm not sure if I should be too concerned with this issue as 10.15 is still beta, but enrolling a freshly installed 10.15 beta onto a MacBook Air produces a "Enrolling with managment server failed. The server certificate chain for your organization's...  View more

6cfa86252ef74782ab2a09ff0be112c1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Domain, same users - Need to fix existing accounts

I have an issue with allowing existing account log into new domain. All account information is a the same, but I need a script to fix permissions on the user folder to correlate with the new domain. We unbind from old domain and bind to new, existing...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Track Pad Behaviors

I am trying to jamfify three things that I always do for the computers in my school manually: Tap to Click Unnatural Scrolling Enable Dragging (without lock) The first one I have found a semi-solution for but it seems buggy. The second I found a comm...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Troubleshooting slow AD logins?

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to troubleshoot a "slow login" issue? Specifically, we've had 3 Macs reported to us where login using Active Directory accounts is quite slow. We reproduced the issue with our test student AD account and found ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office from MAS - Test group

We are looking into switch our Microsoft Office suite from the MS CDN version to the MAS (Mac App Store) version. I have switched a few test users over last month and things are going good. We normally test out all new versions of an app a week befor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADCS and JIM on same server?

I'm willing to try this on my own, but after the struggles we encountered getting our JIM working in the DMZ I wondered if anyone had attempted this successfully before I go down the rabbit hole. Do you have your JIM and your ADCS on the same server/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Composer

Hello, I try to make a dmg file with the bookmarks. Ok list of Safari. But when I try to drag and drop the plist file in to the composer. The composer close immediately. When I reopen the composer I dont‘t see the file. We have Composer 10.12 and mac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing Un-Notarized Apps?

Hi Guys, Just wondering if you are packaging and deploying un-notarized apps still in your environment. I'm not sure whether we should still be allowing and packaging these apps since this will make upgrading to catalina much more difficult...since t...  View more

62591a05f97e4d41988dc40e65f5901e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group June 2019 Meeting

Now that Apple has announced changes in software and hardware at last week's WWDC, we're going to spend some time talking about what changes we have to look forward to. The 29th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 25, 2019...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Manually "imaging" Mojave incredibly slow

Hi all, I'm having a weird problem that I can't get to the bottom of. Because most of our machines aren't DEP enabled I'm having to basically provision our machines by just going through setup assistant and then running the quick add package. This in...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Computer Search

Hello Everyone, I made this program awhile back as my first try using JAMF's API's and this was more for fun. The purpose of this program to is to allow administrators and those who have atleast read-only permissions to JAMF Pro to search for compute...  View more

1b1044c3a5904a00b5dc47ae2eb07dec
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Issues Using Chrome to manage JAMF

It seems the latest version of Chrome 75.0.3770.80 is causing issues with JAMF. When I try to add a package to a policy either it just spins and times out, or adds the package twice. When I delete one of those double entries, it deletes them both. I ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 9 kudos

Chrome Vs Safari

At the school district there is Securly for filtering and Chromebook / iPad mix for students. Google Admin is used for Chromebooks, and Jamf is used for iPads. The student email is provided through Google as well. On the iPads, would Safari or Chrome...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX SCEP issues

Hi We are trying to push out a SCEP profile to our Macs for user based certificate authentication for various sites we have in school. We have it set up and working for our iOS devices but when we try and push it out to our Macs as a user level profi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors