Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

MacBookAir 8,1 in Jamf Pro 10.11.1

Hi.I do have a question.I realised that our latest MacBook Air devices are displayed only as MacBookAir 8,1 and not as MacBook Air (13" inch, late 2018) or similar. Is there a reason for this? All other devices are shown with the correct Model name. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning a username to a device without JSS

I'm looking for a way to assign a username like you can in JSS (Inventory > User and Location) but would like to do it via a dialogue box (oascript?) outside of JSS on a Mac via Self Service. We have our JSS synced with Active Directory (AD) via LDAP...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with NoMAD Login.

I decided to take a stab at NoMAD Login because I am sick of binding but I am having all sorts of little issues The initial machines I tested on, I manually installed the package and ran the script after, worked great, I could login with AD accounts ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cleaning Up Adobe After Effects Cache

I have a few labs of shared computers, and have been noticing the hard drives filling up quickly during some terms, and the culprit appears to be the Cache for Adobe After Effects located in ~/Library/Caches Anyone familiar with a way to force the ca...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete and replace an xml file in a directory folder

Hi Everyone, Newbie HereI'm trying to replace an existing config xml file in the applications folder. I packaged the the new config file to add in the existing folder. I wrote a simple script to run before running the package to remove the existing x...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MP4 screen saver (SaveHollywood)

Hello, I've been tasked with creating a screen saver with an .mp4 file. So far, it looks like SaveHollywood is the best way to accomplish this. Does anyone know how to configure the preferences of SaveHollywood to use the .mp4 file?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

kexts blocked after approval config profile

Hi everyone, We've just pushed a configuration profile to whitelist a kext for bitdefender and although the Allow users to approve kernel extensions is selected, it appears its blocked all other kexts from being approved or from running. For example,...  View more

05a9a34d263a4fca8dc3f76c43f447cb 607c0ed56de44ed180ddef9fb4f8361a 3ec348fb46dc48bdb5b009cfd3992630
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent saving password in keychain

Hello, if I connect to a server with MacOS I have the possibility to save the server password in the keychain by clicking the checkbox "Save password in keychain".Is there a way to disable this checkbox?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro Cloud (Installation of printers)

So, I've been given general admin access to the JamfPro Cloud and one of things I want to do is to set up a printer on the policy. The problem is, is that it goes directly to the "Generic PostScript Driver" instead of the one I downloaded off the pri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whitelist external drives

Hi,We have a Policy set in jamf for OSX to disable external drives. We have anetwork drive that is connected via ISCSI (something like this https://www.ddpsan.com/ ) and thus shows up as an external drive and is being blocked by this policy. Is there...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon after micro update

So we started pushing out our first micro update (10.14.4 combo) and I noticed when a machine hits the dead line, it will install the update and reboot as intended. However when it comes back up, its not updating the JSS that its on .4 and since its ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password change for local Acoount

I recently took a new position as the technology Director for a school district. In the past Open Directory has been used to for all account but just recently the server running it has started to fail. The new year the plan is to use local account fo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Fusion 11 Enrollment Issue

I have been reading discussions on here and have not been able to get this work. I currently have a Mac Mini that is enrolled JAMF no issues. I installed VMWare Fusion 11, created a VM for Mojave. I set the Config File for the VM prior to running set...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Printer Logic

Hi all, trying this again, I am having some issues deploying Printer Logic via SS. I have tried to do as a script and have tried to do it has a package after capturing it with Composer. When someone in my test group clicks install in SS it says proce...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MakeMusic Finale 25.5 Demployment

Wanted to share this, finally able to deploy Finale 25.5.0.259 via jamf.This does not handle the licensing part however. This is still a bit rough around the edges, bit functional for me. Two packages & one script Package One Package that copies thes...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 4 kudos

Create a smart group based on a pre-stage enrollment

I am having trouble creating a smart group for some of my pre-stage enrollments. I have one that is setup for all of my iMacs that we get in, but when I create the smart group and make the criteria enrollment method: prestage enrollment, set the iMac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to email reports - SMTP

Running into a new one. Trying to set up a couple of automated report emails. Can download with no issue, but when I set my fields up for the email report (myself as recipient, subject/body with quick descriptions), and try to test it with "Send Emai...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 4 kudos

Microsoft Power BI / Metric Dashboards and Jamf Pro?

Is there a way to connect Jamf Pro to Power BI? I found other dashboard and metric platforms that can connect to Jamf Pro, but I am not finding anything that is straight forward with Microsoft Power BI. Or, is there a platform I have not found yet wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Crash!

So my whole server crashed and my backups were totally worthless (my fault, long story). I have Configuration Policies that were pushed out to machines that I now have to reenroll. Is there any way to pull those config policies back in without having...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mismatched recovery partitions

I've encountered a strange problem on a smallish (I hope) number of Macs where the recovery partition does not match the installed OS. This causes some OS updates to fail, since they reboot into recovery to complete installation. In particular, I'm s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft OneDrive is installed 2x

Hello everyone, we experience the issue that OneDrive gets installed twice on our machines.Anyone having the same issue? Our configuration:Primarly our new machines get OneDrive with VPP, that works great. You get always the actual version installed,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing Up MySQL

Hello All, to improve my backend server management skills, while there was no need to do so, I separated the webapp and MySQL. I used to use the JSS database utility, but as it is being discontinued I decided to not use it anymore once the separation...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors