Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group February 2019 Meeting

Come celebrate the fifth anniversary of the NYC Metro Jamf User Group! It's hard to believe we've been doing this for 5 years! We're only just getting started! The 28th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 6 kudos

44GB of bin files in MySQL folder?

I have JSS 10.9 running on a Windows Server 2016 server and was looking to clean up the C drive as it is getting quite full. I found 44GB of .bin files in C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server 5.7Data. Is this normal? If not, how can this be safely cleaned ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Toronto User Group.

Hey everyone near Toronto. Was considering starting a user group for us. Just trying to gauge how many people would be interested. I’d be hosting in Toronto distillery district where I work. We have a top facility in Toronto and we keep getting featu...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 3 kudos

ivanti device control

Does any one have any experience with ivanti device control We have a requirement to restrict removable media on macs, and if required it must be encrypted. Our IT Sec team have suggested ivanti device control, but wondered if anyone had any other re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

USB-C hubs Mac & iPad Pro

What usb-c hubs would people recommend, that could be used with Macbook pros and ipad pros. Looking for ones with vga, hdmi and ethernet. A few of the ones i've seen out there look like they're going to fall apart as soon as you plug them in. Would b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

kext team ID not working with mojave

So I implemented a handful of Team IDs in a Configuration Profile for auto approval. These were working fine and my policies were installing no problem. Then Mojave happened. Even with the Profile loaded I still have to approve each KEXT in the firew...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

SAP and SSO and mac

Do any have knowledge about SAP and single sign on a mac running with nomad and not Bound to AD? Is it possible or anyone has tried this setup?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Login "Unable to load Identity Provider"

I have deployed the 2 plist files to the machine and updated the "Auth Server" setting to our Azure url. Deployed Jamf Connect license mobilconfig to the device and installed the Jamf Connect Login software. The login screen says "Unable to load iden...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

Local Passwordless Account

Managing the Guest User Account is such a royal pain in the neck that I have decided to create my own Pseudo-Guest account and manage it with logout scripts etc. However, the Local Account policy in Jamf Pro requires a password. What is the best way ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed to import classes from ASM

Hi, I failed to importe classes from ASM but users (student and instructor working good) When I goes to "Classes -> Import", a message telle me that "All classes have been imported" but I can't do anything and nothing is import. How to resolve this p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Mojave FileVault/AD pw mismatch fix

I've seen a couple of threads on this issue, but I thought I'd share a script that I use in Self-Service in case anyone has a need. There's interactive osascript prompts to revoke & reassign securetoken, and then update the preboot volume to resolve ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Refresh Printers

Our teachers have automatically installed printers when they change network location, login or check in, this happens once a day. Just in case something gets screwy with the printers and they have to reinstall, I wanted to have a script that they can...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x with Onelogin / Password Expiry

I recently started at a new office, and the previous IT guy had set up the WiFi with 802.1x using Onelogin Radius - This has caused a bunch of issues as currently the wifi does not connect until after the user has logged in, meaning that everyone is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Corel Painter 2019

Hello Folks, I was able to successfully package and deploy Painter 2017 and 2018. However, 2019 is giving me fits. Anyone here successfully package and deploy 2019? I would love to get some guidance and assistance. Thank you as always!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 100 vs 200 vs 300

We are looking at getting certification. If we pass the 100 exam and get the Associate, what does the 200 teach that you wouldn't need to learn to pass the 100. I know the 100 is self paced and not a proctored exam, but if you are confident you know ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

G Suite Secure LDAP and Jamf Pro Cloud

With the public release of G Suite Secure LDAP, I was wondering if anyone has been able to get it working with the Jamf Pro Cloud instance? Jamf Pro does not support certificate based LDAP so stunnel is required but after googling around and trying t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Keeping Track of App Licenses

Just wondering how others are keeping track of required licenses since the JSS still doesn't have the option (The FR only has 54 upvotes sadly). We currently have a spreadsheet that had all the apps imported from the JSS, then we manually found the p...  View more

f750bf09c72c466db81ea2251bc11094
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pseudo Guest User Delete list

I have come to the conclusion that try to use the Guest User account in a school setting, and managing it via jamf policies and profiles is more trouble than it is worth. So what I'd like to do is create a password-less user called 'Student' and mana...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPSS Activation Script

Hey Jamfers, My organization has multiple versions of SPSS deployed, so when our yearly license gets renewed it can be a chore to get everyone re-activated as there are different codes for different versions. I put together this script and deployed i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple TV WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Hello, Anyone having success setting up an Apple TV Gen4 with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Wifi?I don't have a wireless account, Would like the client to be able to connect using their credentials. I have tried setting up profiles but they are not working pro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS email notifications for techs

my account specifically is set as an Admin on the JSS and as such I have full rights to everything. I'm trying to get some of our desktop support folks access to the JSS for very limited things. We are using AD accounts and I have an AD group specifi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Upgrade Broke SMB Automount

Recently we started upgrading our users to 10.14.3 and what I have noticed is that the script that was in place to auto-mount some SMB shares at logon does not fully function anymore. It will mount the AD home share. but the other 3 shares are not mo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Computername creation before dep enrollment

Hi. As a lot of others out there getting the correct name for a computer is not always easy with dep. We use WS123456 for our computers where 123456 is a randomized number (ws stands for workstation). Now the computer joins AD with $Serialnumber usin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scripted or Dynamic setting of local DP's

so I like others have a mixed IP range environment where 192.168.1 might reside at multiple buildings and so cannot be scoped accurately. I haven't seen much talk about scripted options however? Looking at the jamf binary I didn't see distribution po...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD Login and Enable Encryption HFS+

Hello, So I have been testing using NoMAD Login to help with encryption and trying to figure out what others might be doing to for HFS+ computers. As I was testing I ran into some iMac computers that were not enabling. I was going through the trouble...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command to undo changes to the lpadmin group?

Hey there. I've used the following command to allow non-admins to add and remove printers, but would like to know how to undo it:dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local/Default -a everyone -t group lpadmin I tried the following, but it did not reverse the effe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors