Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Microsoft Sign in Helper Error

HelloDoes anyone see this issue when running the script from https://github.com/pbowden-msft/SignInHelper ?Below are the error that i'm gettingScript result: >>INFO - Script is running in the root security context - running commands as user: username...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory not showing macOS version?

Is there something I am missing to get accurate macOS version reports from Update Inventory? Computers are checking in but not reporting updated macOS they are on. There is nothing else in the policy except - Maintenance -> Update Inventory and Maint...  View more

ecbc8ccd62334a4ca377a13c7976ab0c
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Mac really cheaper as Windows overall?

I know the advertisement saying that Mac is overall cheaper then windows. But I really have difficulties to see that For normal enterprise business that typically has SCCM for windows that is an additional cost that Mac does not have and also the win...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on user Certificate

Is it possible to make a smart group based on certificate ? We are applying user certificate through ADCS, but often I see that the certificates for whatever reason just are not installed on users computer Each user have of course a different user ce...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Send Form Again?

Safari 12.1.1 + Jamf Pro 10.12.0 ‘Are you sure you want to send form again’ for every refresh. I had my cloud instance setup with an auto refresh, now I’m going to have to stab someone. Unless I am missing some obvious way to control it? New behavior...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Webex

I am trying to install Cisco Webex Meeting in Jamf Pro by utilizing the self service feature. I have tried both the .dmg and .pk file which I got from Webex's site. It's being uploaded into jamf. After clicking "install" in the self service, Jamf thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Policies fail to enforce after new login

I have a Chrome extension blacklist and whitelist deployed as a Configuration Profile via Jamf Pro. (i.e. uploaded a .plist as a Custom Settings payload for Configuration Profiles. When first deployed and pushed out, the policy works as intended. How...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

On Prem PreStage Packages

Reposting this on public forums since it didn't get a lot of traction in the beta group. There was a long, in depth discussion on beta forums when prestage packages were first announced back in 10.10. Since then there's been no communication on a tim...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Deploying Base Applications on DEP, Best practice?

Hello all, I am finally getting our environment to use DEP for enrollment/provisioning. I'm looking for some best practices, what are you doing in your environment? Our current enrollment process has the user (a tech) initiated enrollment. We have co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

LastPass extension Safari

We want to install the LastPAss extension for Safari on our iMacs. First the LastPass app has to be installed on the iMac. Then, and this is the tricky part, the LastPass extension is available in Safari > Preferences > Extensions, but its unchecked ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to Log-in

Hi We are having issue with some of our Macbook that has a touch-id/Touch bar. User not able to type there username and password. We tried to restart it many time but its not working the only way is to go to recovery mode then restart the laptop agai...  View more

7d6a9c1ef1a24a05a5becfc2fde8d776
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

no azure tenant setup

I am in the process of migrating our Macs from InTune to Jamf, and then enrolling them in conditional access. After unenrolling from InTune, I enroll them in Jamf using a quickadd package. When using a self service InTune policy, it goes through with...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

Correct Acrobat OS compatibility in patch management

I just wanted to point out that version 19.012.20034 of Acrobat no longer works on 10.11, as you can see on the release notes here: 19.012.20034 Added support for: Win Server 2019 Dropped support for: Mac OSX 10.11 I haven't tested this with Reader y...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues removing Meraki Systems Manager

Has anyone had any issues with Meraki not letting go of certain devices off of their network? Our organization has been using Meraki and Simple MDM to manage all of our macs and we're in the process of moving everything over to Jamf. Some devices hav...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN error with Umbrella Roaming Client

Our organization utilizes Umbrella Roaming Client and it mostly seems to work fine. However at the login screen and at other times the user gets the following error: This is degrading the user experience since most users don't know what this is. In a...  View more

4e6e99037bd84b978353cef49a4233ce
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone Using Team Dynamix

We're in the early stages of setting up our Team Dynamix instance here at our university and I'm running into a snag on how to import JAMF inventory into TDX. Is there anyone out there who is using Team Dynamix in their work environment who has it in...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Version display Script

I was just wondering if there is a way to print the output of the sw_vers commend into a popup windows when it's run in Self Services?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kids factory resetting our ipads

Hey guys - We are a public library and have a bunch of kids ipads out there loaded with educational games. The problem is a few of the more enterprising ones have found their way into the settings and unmanaged our ipads...then allowing them to do a ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

(De)activate Plugins for Apple Mail with command line

Hello, I was wondering where Apple Mail is storing it's settings for activated Plug-ins. In this specific case I want to automatically activate the GPG Mail Encryption Plug-In for Mojave users (like explained here>> https://gpgtools.tenderapp.com/kb/...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing user home folder on logout Mojave

For years we used a logouthook to remove Student homefolders on logout. after some issues in high sierra we created a combination of launchagents/deamons to accomplish this. But in Mojave we encounter the operation is not permitted when de script tri...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule Policy

Is there a way to schedule a policy to run? I'm using DEP Notify and at the end of my DEP Notify setup the machine reboots. I would like to have the DEP Start script run a policy so that when the user logs in it runs the policy with a delay until the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Attribute

I would like to include a user attribute from Active Directory to populate for my users. The attribute is not standard from other attributes collected by default from Jamf Pro. I would need the attribute to either show yes or no if the attribute is e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import of new classes via ASM failed in JamfPro

Does anyone have a problem related to import of new classes from Apple School Manager in to JamfPro? I can just import classes wich have a manual source not those who have source via SFTP. We are using Jamf Pro ver. 10.11.1-t1553545638  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors