Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Account used on Gmail app

I think I already know the answer to this, but I was curious if anyone knows a way to see what gmail accounts are being used on an iPad that is enrolled in Jamf? My guess is that this is a major privacy concern, but thought I would ask the community....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to add 400 Mac's to JAMF PRO

Hello, We currently have 95 devices in our JAMF environment but we have about 500 devices already out in the wild with a mix of AD bound and local account Macbooks. I want to ask the community to see what I can do to add these existing devices as qui...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create new category in Self Service

Hello all, For the life of me I cannot find/remember (I've done it before) how to create a new category in Self Service. I'm using Jamf Pro 10.7 and I see the selection for Self Service but there's nothing in there that allows me to create a new cate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave USB Restriction/Permission Broken

Anyone experiencing USB drive issues with Macbooks on Mojave? I have tried removing restriction policies from Mojave machines. USB drive appears for 20 seconds after reboot and magically disappears. High Sierra machines are unaffected by this issue.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about PPPC Config in 10.9

I am trying to leverage the PPPC config in Jamf Pro to trust certain apps. I have been using PPPC Utility and it works great, but since Jamf has this feature I would rather use that. When setting it up, I can easily find the Bundle Identifier of the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Mojave and AD password changes

Hi Guys, When our users change passwords (not via nomad) - IT change via AD etc, when a user logs in using the new password on the network, updates keychain password etc and restarts. It still doesn't update the FileVault login. distil apfs updatePre...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile, Managed Accounts broken in Mojave

We are preparing to deploy our JamfPro, but for now we are in a pure AD environment with Mac's bound to AD. This is our environment for the time being, and is what we must work with. We ran into a problem with some users who have been given brand new...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

GoTo meeting

We use Goto meeting for our client meetings. I have 8 conference rooms that are used. At times people will just connect from their personal computer. I keep running into issues with keeping GoTo meeting up to date and how to deploy it. I've been doin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player Background install freezes

So I have been trying to update Flash on our lab machines through a policy and an installer package with a postinstall script, because I want it to perform silently without needing user interaction. I have tried it through patch management with and w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open JDK upgrade (from Oracle java) on windows server

There is currently no documentation on moving from Oracle java to open JDK. I worked with support to convert over. This is how we did it: Jamf currently supports open JDK 8. Jamf will add future support for open JDK 11 Download the latest version of ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Versioning of PDF 'eBooks'

We use the eBook feature to distribute PDF files to mobile devices. In general this works reasonable well, except for the updates. This made me wonder what exactly is the 'Version of the eBook' that can be specified on the 'General' tab for the eBook...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get Mobile Device Apps in use and remaining right?

We have some problems with our VPP purchased iOS apps. Many, not all, show for example that 2.000 are in use, 0 remaining when we bought 2000. If you search for the app it says that 1612 are in use. When remaining shows 0 you can't install anymore bu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't access business.apple.com

Hi Jamf Nation! I'm trying to enrol devices/purchase apps but I can't access our business manager portal I'm literally on the phone with Apple now, and have emailed our account manager and Apple reseller. One is on leave and the other isn't allowed t...  View more

202c9bc109ac493a9070bb4dfd376090
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

"unknown versions" in patch policies

We are setting up the patch policies for the various MSOffice apps and I noticed that the number of computers that have different versions are listed individually....which is great; however, there's also a listing for unknown version. We began to inv...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.2 and FileVault

I have not been successful at getting 10.14.2 to encrypt with filevault. I followed this HERE and it works with High Sierra and older. I have configured a smart computer group to show what computers are not eligible for filevault and the Mojave machi...  View more

9b6556496a5c4b8fa2e85d45eb47d8ac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store App Priority or call by Policy

I apologize if this was already asked and if it was, you can just link me. As part of enrollment, I have a prioritized list of policies that install and setup various stuff including special software. This includes calling dockutil to update the dock...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

tvOS browser

We currently use a Android GBox instead of Apple TV in our business due to no browser option. Has anyone had experience with a tvOS browser either official or sideloaded via XCode or similar? I would really like to use Jamf only for managing the devi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Rights Justification

Hi all, I was hoping you could share your experiences in regards to allowing your user base to have full admin rights on their machines. I've had experience with both sides of the coin, but I know companies like IBM like to tout that they give their ...  View more

• 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL 5.6 to 5.7 Upgrade or InnoDB conversion?

We are still running MySQL 5.6 and haven't converted over to InnoDB. I'm not a database expert so I'm not sure if I should upgrade to MySQL 5.7 first or I should run the conversion to InnoDB on current MySQL 5.6. Or does it really matter which proced...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually mark computer as completed policy

I have a handfull of laptops that are showing one of the policies as not completed. When I check them its obvious that the policy has completed all of its tasks. In JAMF is there a way I can manually mark these laptops as successfully completing the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors