Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Centrally Manage MAC's through Cloud Softwares

Hi Guys, We are looking at introducing mac's into the workplace but we need to manage the devices centrally through a cloud platform. We have already looked at Sophos intercept for AV as this provides AV for Linux, Windows and Mac's. We need to be ab...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Automatic Update Server (2019)

Hello, Currently i have setup my own MAU Server hosted on Ubuntu with NGINX serving up updates for Office 2016. It has worked great and saved me TBs of data from going out to the web. Currently for Mojave DEP Machines I am deploying Office 2019 with ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Server Administrator & Mac Admin Job Opening

Glendale Community Collegehttps://jobs.maricopa.eduSearch for JobID 312210Position Title: Network and Systems AdministratorPayGrade :117 ( Salary Range $55,789 - $89,263) Based on Qualifications and ExperienceDescription: Lead Jamf Pro and Mac Admini...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Logic

Hi all! I am having some issues deploying Printer Logic via SS. I have tried to do as a script and have tried to do it has a package after capturing it with Composer. When someone in my test group clicks install in SS it says processing for about 5 s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.2.3 General Availability

What’s New in This Release Enhancements Jamf Connect Login 1.1.3 – Added the LocalHelpFile preference key, which specifies a path to a local file that users can access by clicking “Help” button in the Jamf Connect Login Window. Bug Fixes Jamf Connect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Getting Started Need some help with User Profile/Lab use

I need to be pointed in the right direction for getting a bunch of macs configured for lab use. I was a long time holdout of Deploy Studio. Chiefly, I have several software titles that call for prefs in the user profile. Before JAMF I would just edit...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto launch and login to Jamf Connect Sync

Hey everyone! We've recently joined the Jamf family and are working on configuring Jamf Connect and Jamf Pro. One of the first things we are trying to do is deploy Jamf Connect Login and Jamf Connect Sync. We are deploying Jamf Connect Login during t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Composer 10.11.1 Only Lists Recent Package Build

Beginning with Composer 10.11.1, we have observed that only the most recent package built is listed under "PACKAGES". Existing packages that are dragged into Composer are still listed, however, newly built packages created by Composer only lists the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

VPP and multiple MDMs

There are a lot of threads on this basically saying the same thing: separate VPP for separate MDMs. that is fine with me. i am trying to figure out how to do this however, in the context of apple business manager. We use InTune for iOS devices and Ja...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Apps showing as 0 purchased

For some reaason on our Jamf, it is showing all of our apps as 0 purchased and 0 in use but these have been working for years. has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix? I have already downloaded a new token from the VPP and I have tried to r...  View more

f63b0c2ae19548268d38f29ba00e0521
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

new MacBook Pros (MR942x) listed as iMac 21.5"

Hi, we came across quite an unusual sight in Jamf Pro 10.10. One of our customers purchased brand new MB Pro's and under the Device List in Device Enrollment Program they're all shown as Model "iMac 21.5"", DEP token was renewed. Anyone seen this bef...  View more

e850d5f7e64841c2b094e74877885239
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing Safari settings in 10.14.x

Hi, we need to set some Safari settings in our company. For example the homepage, new windows open with, new tabs open with and we have to change some "AutoFill"-functions. We use Mojave 10.14.4 and Safari 12.1 and JAMF 10.11.1. I have already tried:...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage to Prestage and enrollment - iPads

I am new to our organisation and to JAMF PRO, but loving it so far. I frequently move newly purchased ipads from a "catch all" prestage enrollment and over into the proper prestage enrollment for the specific site where they will be enrolled. Sometim...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Comparing Jamf Pro and WorksSpace ONE

I've been asked to provide a comparison of Jamf Pro and WS1; what can one do that the other can't, what is better on one than the other, etc. Does anyone have anything they'd like the share or someplace they can point me to get any comparisons? Thank...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

PreStage Enrollment Disappeared

Has anyone run into an issue with a PreStage Enrollment disappearing? We had a PS setup for Staff machines. It has mysteriously disappeared. Logged a ticket with Jamf. Sent log file, but no response yet. Jamf Pro Version: 10.3.0-t1521825567  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Student Terminal Access(Higher Education)

Just wanting to get a feel for what other Universities and colleges are doing in regards to terminal access. We have a faculty member that would like his students to have terminal access. Our department views terminal as an administrative tool and so...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mirroring getting interrupted

When teachers are mirroring with their ipads to the screen, they are being interrupted by someone screencasting when they are in the middle of teaching....is there any way to stop this from happening?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Mojave and JAMF Pro performance issue

Hi all, Don't know if any of you experience this. Our fleet of Macbooks are on Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave. On Mojave, it doesn't matter the year model of the Macbook, just seems to run really slowly when connecting with JAMF Pro. For example, whe...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block firmware password and boot device choice

I have been tasked with with creating some solution where the end user cannot do the following Change the firmware password or set it Pick a different boot device than the hard drive. These changes are being mandated by our security team. I did about...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Printer Installs

Does anyone have experience deploying printers in JAMF with Mojave? I've tried to use JAMF Admin to capture it, built a script using lpadmin, etc, and none of it works. There seems to be something missing. #!/bin/sh sudo lpadmin -p "PRINTER" -L "Loca...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 2 kudos

Export Self Service Installation URL's

I've looked for this in the API, but I could have missed something. Does anyone know a way to export all of the Self Service installation URL's? I've been tasked with delivering all of them to another team in order to put into our company catalog to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

ARD not active

While this is not entirely Jamf related, I'm hoping for some help. Here is some info on the machines: I have 2 Mac mini machines in a rack mounted bank. One is a 2016 model, the other is a new 2018 model. The 2016 is on 10.14.3, the 2018 10.14.4. ......  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors