Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Could not mount DP after upgrading to 10.2.2

Just putting out feelers if anybody else is seeing an issue with Jamf Admin mounting distribution points after going to 10.2.2. We upgraded yesterday and Jamf Admin has not been able to mount the DP yet (AFP for what it is worth). Self Service still ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to the API, not sure where to start

I have been tasked with scripting and scheduling an API call to /mobiledevices to export device data to a CSV file. I would like to learn how to call the API using a Python script and schedule it on our Windows Server hosting our JSS. I have read sev...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing devices from scope doesn't remove them.

I have a couple wifi configuration profiles that were created new yesterday, not cloned at all. I scoped them to a department and saved it. Now my two apple tv's show under the scope list for reason (they aren't in that department and it still should...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac - Remote connect options

We have some virtual machines running on some mac hardware. Do any know of free remote software for business use There is realvnc, but for business it cost license. We have teamviewer license, but it does not work at login screen but only when user h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Explicit Proxy

Just wondering if someone can guide me in the right direction.Can I set up and explicit proxy for APNS to chat on, Yet set a PAC file for users to connect to internet. My Setup is JSS V10 DMZ master and Semi Trusted JSS Clustered.Approx 30 test Macs ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD Binding in Read Only Domain Controller environment

Hi, I know there is a large number of topics about AD binding, but I couldn't find a solution for my issue. Long story short, what was working with El Capitan isn't working with Sierra anymore and that is specifying a DC to bind against. Our organisa...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Replace text in XML

Maybe not the best place to put this but i've seen some talented people here so let's give it a shot. We are looking into deploying LogMeIn on our PCs and Macs, and of course it works as intended on PC but not on Mac... For those familiar with LogMeI...  View more

06d3addccd404045ac29663909e54027
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Jamf taking over JSSImporter?

This was asked during JNUC last year, and the response from Charles Edge at the time suggested it was possible. We haven't heard anything. Can we get an idea if Jamf is planning this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Releasing Apple Hardware in School Manager

Is there a process documented for how to remove/release hardware from Apple School Manager?I'm mainly interested in the order of steps to get hardware out of Jamf and School Manager and real world examples of repurposing released hardware to non busi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jobs in Ireland

Hi all, as our Job Board is "just" working one way...I try the other way with this post. Im looking for work in Ireland - prefered Dublin, Cork or Killarney (area). The dream job would be as an MDM-Administrator on a campus. I worked on the whole ran...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local User + Serial

Hello, I'm attempting to make a report in JSS to find the local users for all of our enrolled units. Any advice on the simplest way to get this done? Report Serial + Local User  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global JSS deployment

I am trying to deploy Jamf on a global scale with one instance in Canada. We will be have 1500+ devices all over the globe including the US, UK, Singapore, Australia, Chile, Dubai etc. My infrastructure team is worried about redundancy and geolocatio...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certificate based Wi-Fi Connection -

We are trying to move our Wi-Fi solution away from a username&password solution to a certificate based solution. Currently our MacBooks are on a separate domain from our PCs and we do not have a CA server set up just yet in the Mac environment. Becau...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do we have that in Jamf?

Hey guys, I would really appreciate your help - I am new in JamF and I wanted to know if there are these kind of configurations in the system:1. Discover all user profiles on the mac using the system.2. Create personal settings profile with: apps ins...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Qui va à la #JNUC2018 ?

Bonjour,Qui penser aller à -ou c'est déjà enregistré pour- la JNUC cette année ?Histoire de voir s'il y a plusieurs #francophones qui seront là en octobre :-)  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

TouchID Extension Attribute

Hi, Has anyone yet figured a way to write an extension attribute to report whether a device is TouchID capable or not? bioutil does not seem to give any indication of capability regardless whether it's run on a TouchID capable device or not. There do...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disk Enryption - Some Partitions Encrypted

Hi, Currently we are in a pilot phase of the Jamf & InTune intergration with Conditional Access.In InTune we have an compliance policy enabled that the disk has to be encrypted. Intune encrytion setting In some moments my own device is having the sta...  View more

714186f373304ad68780467a879564b5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors