Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lost Mode App

Hey guys! I created an app for quickly enabling/disabling Lost Mode for my students, who are constantly losing their devices. It’s up for $1.99 but if you can’t swing that, just send a message and I’ll add you to the Beta Testers group. Hope it’s as ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

printer driver update

i have printers that are added to casper admin using driver version 4.8.0. So when the printer is added using self service the printer driver in System Preferences says Kind: * 4.8.0 a new driver version is now out 4.9.0 so i have the printer policy ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up newly imaged system

Let me start by saying I had no training, no Jump start and Jamf Admin documentation is very limited on details.I'm running Casper Suite 9.96 and I'm stuck with thick imaging since the 120 systems I have are of all ages but fully functional.I've got ...  View more

9db0d354fd004e52a6e827fb047e6e2d
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nuke and Pave Internal Drive Script for APFS

Hello All, We currently use the following script to unmount, (re)partition and remount an internal HD from our netboot environment. Currently is sits on our dock in our netboot environment (currently 10.12.6- haven't rebuild netboot OS to 10.13 which...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Whitelist / trusted sites for Google Chrome

Has anyone successfully scripted adding a site/URL to Google Chome's Whitelist/Trusted site list? We have a requirement to add several sites, and I can't for the life of me find a plist entry or anything similar to edit that will do this. Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Deploy PDFs and Video files to iPads?

Hi All, I have two dozen iPads that I need to somehow get 25 videos files and a half a dozen PDFs loaded into. The devices are in DEP and are enrolled wirelessly. How would I go about getting the media to sync to the iPads automatically? The other ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking VPN OSX

I feel like I'm playing whack-a-mole with these but our students with macbook airs are finding ways to get around everything I have in place and still managing to install VPNs Students have a standard accountI have a profile in place to prevent addin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging sometimes skips over the OS block copy

Yes, we still use imaging for Macs in some scenarios. That's the way it is.When trying an image, sometimes the block copy works, and sometimes it does not (no apparent error - just skips right past it). Does anyone else experience this issue? Imaging...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Semi-Regular "Do you Bind" discussion

With 10.13 now out and moving along, and the requirements of local accounts created through the GUI for certain admin functionality, FV2 not playing nice with mobile accounts, and a few other quirks, has that changed peoples perspectives on binding? ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing an instructor station's screen

Hi Folks, We have a need to share or cast an instructor's Mac workstation's screen to a visually impaired student's Mac. As it is, the instructor station is projecting, but the student cannot see the screen well. We are thinking of casting the instru...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil remove items error

hi - i'm trying to remove a default macOS dock items by using the following command: sudo /Users/joeblow/dockutil-master/scripts/dockutil --remove "/Applications/Siri.app" --allhomes the error: item /Applications/Siri.app was not found in /Users/joeb...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some Policies Will Not Take on Some Macs

SOLVEDThe title is a bit confusing so here's a better explanation. We have an established policy that has been working great since we starting using Jamf earlier this summer. Lately, when I go to add a Mac to the policy(scoping to individual computer...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to find Computer Name and use in a search

Hi All,I am trying to find a script that can1. find the Computer Name 2.look for a Certificate in the System keychain based on the Computer name. 3. Export that Certificate to a file I can import later on. I tried "security find-certificate -c" optio...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Update Nags

I have used a recurring policy for a long time now to suppress macOS update nags. softwareupdate --schedule off However with the updates that Apple dropped yesterday users are getting nags. My policies to cache and install the updates are working. Bu...  View more

b1c706724b2849ccb9c7e53914f638dc
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Adobe Creative Cloud Admin Console

So, I go to login and get the latest version of the Packager and ran into the fact that Adobe seems to make the Packager much harder to find. Ultimately I did find it but that's not the point of this post. Apparently there is a new feature when I can...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory and MacOS...how does it work?

Hi All, I'm just confused on how this all works. I'm primarily a Windows Admin so please forgive me. So I have a few macs now on my environment. I've tried to bind the machine to my AD by the Login Options. If I go to Terminal and type dsconfigad -sh...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

DISA STIG policies and CPs

Working on the daunting task of loading all of the STIG requirements into my Jamf Pro server; hoping that anyone else at a federal agency has done this and has an easier way. 121 policies/CPs, oy!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors