Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Deploy SPSS v25 to a lab bound to AD

Hi guys! I am researching the best way to deploy SPSS to a lab bound to AD. I found this post here that helps me some: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/20588/spss-24-deployment How exactly does this work? Do I put the silent installer DMG...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing Management Commands

I know this is likely a total noob question, but I'm stuck and looking for help.We're still in the early phases of deployment, and only have a couple of devices enrolled thus far. I have two iPad's enrolled - one is my tester, the other is a simple s...  View more

d60bb88c1b194c69a888a8a3eccdf9b7 c34857363c444d218f43a7f77f8cb1ee
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow Strategy for New JamfCloud Instance

Hey all, We're new to Jamf and still getting our terms straight to communicate questions effectively. My first question is, we're sort of stuck at the initial starting point and I've got two questions that keep coming up: Do we perfect our configurat...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil, cannot get rid of Siri, iBooks, or Maps

We are using Dockutil 2.0.5 under High Sierra with a very simple script shown below. When the user logs in Siri, iBooks, and Maps still appears in the Dock when they should not. Any ideas? !/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/dockutil --remove all --no-restart /U...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Escrowed FileVault 2 Key Report

Is there a way to generate a report that will show all the system names and their escrowed FileVault 2 keys (we hold them in the JSS)? I’ve reviewed the advanced computer search criteria but can’t seem to find what I need.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Results

Wondering if anyone has any insight into this. I wrote an EA and put it up in my environment. Watching some of the results come in, I made an error and corrected it. Now the results are correct, but for those few that ran the EA already and the outpu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

silent install Box Tools

Hi - so the box tools (or box edit) is a .dmg file. the only way i know how to silent install is a .pkg format (installer command). 1st step via composer is to convert the dmg to pkgthen package it via casper admin.then push out as a policy i get wha...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Mathematica to a Lab

Hey guys I am looking at creating a policy to deploy Mathematica to a lab nearby. We have a license server that these will connect to, and I found out there is a mathpass file that I think needs to be placed in /Library/Mathematica/Licensing/mathpass...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manged to Unmanaged

I currently manage mobile devices for clients to remotely record their vital signs. These clients are both in state and out of state. This particular question is referring to a client that is out of state. A client inadvertently signed into a managed...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat log errors

Okay we have been seeing the following in the logs. 2018-05-03 12:39:30,865 [WARN ] [Tomcat-76 ] [ReconFieldHelper ] - Invalid version entry2018-05-03 12:39:40,550 [WARN ] [Tomcat-62 ] [ReconFieldHelper ] - Invalid version entry2018-05-03 12:39:44,76...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot delete a app scope exclusion

we have a LADP group and we want to remove it from exclusion in the App scope we hit remove and it seems to be removed exit the click back into it and it still there anyone got any idea on how to remove this ??? have restarted Tomcat and SQL still is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preparing for Next School Year

What are your procedures for prepping for the next school year? We will be wiping our devices as most of them are cart based but managed with Jamf. As well as removing them from groups for rotation purposes. My question is the users. Do you purge all...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing Apps to Self Service

When I purchase apps in VPP and make them available in the "Mobile Device Apps" section I want the apps to be available in the Self Service file so that a user can download them if they want to. After I do that and scope the app to the appropriate ar...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting past first few setup screens

Hi Folks, We have a lot of automation working here but there are a couple of issues I would like to know if there is a way to get past them. We are beginning to wipe our student Macs, formatting to APFS and loading High Sierra, we are also using DEP....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A nicer Software update tool

Since Jamf hasn't implemented a few of the feature requests out there that would make this better, I have resorted to making a script and using Jamf helper. I stole a lot of it from https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/5404/jamfhelper-softwar...  View more

• 96 replies
  • 13 kudos

Testing a script?

If I wanted to test a script locally on my mac before deploying it out - how would i go about doing it?Do I open my terminal and drag the".sh" file in there?  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

MailToOutlook Tool and Reversing

I am testing out this MailToOutlook tool from macadmins.software/tools to change the default mail program to Outlook. I cant, however, find a way to reset this setting back to Mail. Any insight or best practices for either portion? Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dev server and DEP

I have a working Jamf Production server on prem but I've been asked to set up a mirrored Development server for testing. I only want to test scripts and basic user configurations to a single test Mac. No App Store Apps or imaging.Do I have to configu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO agent

Hi, How the hell would you package/deploy the Offline version of the ePO-agent (install.sh - 16 Mb)Would need to install with -I switch (sh install.sh -i)Anybody working with McAfee? who has been able to make it work?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

1st run dialog pop-up for office 2016...

Does anyone know how to re-initate the first "whats new" pop-ups for office 2016?im doing some testing and i need the pop-ups to re-appear... do i just delete a plist or something?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

Removing Pulse Secure and Junos Pulse VPN Silently

We were using Pulse Secure (and its older version, Junos Pulse) VPN software in our environment but have since upgraded. In looking for a way to remove the old clients we ran across their uninstallers. Running those prompted the users to save the old...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 8 kudos

Composer taking Snapshot after Startup

Hi @all, i have a little problem with Composer. After open the App it takes a Snapshot and I can't cancel it. If I force quite the App and start it again, it'll do the same. Anyone who has the same problem?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export computer usage for multiple imacs

Hi, We feel that our imacs aren't optimally used in our business and we think we can get rid of some. I can check our systems computer usage one by one but this is not very functional. So i was wondering:Is it possible to make an export of the comput...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smarter Balanced & Restriction Configuration Profile

Does anyone seem to have this issues with Smart Balanced & A Configuration Profile - Restrictions? We currently use a Configuration Profile that only allows which apps to be launched. The secure browser, our anti-virus and the library/frameworks. We'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors