Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro. Jamf Pro 10.42.1 fixes the following product issues: [PI110600] Updated a third-party library to resolve a known vulnerability (CVE-2022-42889). [PI110632] The device inventory record no longe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

patch management - sources

Hi all, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but from which source is JAMF getting the latest software version? Example: Today I got the notification that there is a new software version of Adobe Reader now available.But if I go to the Download secti...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are you using for JSS log viewing (syslog)

6 Splunk alternatives for log analysisSplunk may be the most famous way to make sense of mass quantities of log data, but it's far from the only player around We heard good things about Graylog as a syslog server, but in searching found a good number...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Slow, Local Distribution Point, "

Hey all, I recently created a thread describing my steps for imaging Casper here https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22840/guide-to-creating-sierra-base-image-from-a-to-z I'm imaging a 2016 Macbook Pro and it's taking about 30-45 minutes per...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Mail Setting Change with Office 365/Exchange?

Hi - We're getting ready to convert our Exchange users from on-site Exchange (2010) to Office 365 email over the next few months. We've migrated about 200 users so far, and most of the complaints we got from Mac users were about the server re-configs...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mode partagé et Webclip

Bonsoir, Nous avons activé le mode partagé sur nos iPads et visiblement nous ne pouvons plus installer de Webclip sur les tablettes. Avez-vous une idée pour mettre à dispo des élèves un Web Clip, favoris ou autre ?? Actuellement les enseignants passe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

desktop alias/icon arrangement

Is there a way to arrange icons/alias on the desktop outside of applescript? That is the only way that comes to mind. I know a way of doing this in some linux distributions. I would prefer not to use apple script. I have a kiosk type machine that has...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing the Authorization Database

Hi from France. I'm unable to achieve the following result :- set changes to preferences to require authentication by a user with admin privileges- let standard users to configure the Date & Time System Preference. After some hours of tries and resea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for automating Office 2016 updates?

I am just wondering how everyone is managing automating Office 2016 updates with Jamf? I know that MAU 4.0 is supposed to have system level settings available but as of right now it is still user level. I have a very large number of dispersed lab com...  View more

• 64 replies
  • 3 kudos

Cinema 4D R17 Installation Solved

I wanted to give something back to the group since everyone has been so helpful to me. Thank you all. I was having trouble creating a package for the Maxon Cinema 4D installation of which we are currently on the R17 release. I reached out to Maxon an...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 2016 Auto Updates need Admin Rights?

Hi all, aside from the question if Auto Updates are good or not I am interested in whether Office 2016 Auto Updater needs Admin rights or not when set to "Auto Update&Install". Someone who actually tested this? ThanksThomas  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped drive preventing logon to Active Directory

We are in the process of migrating users and computer from one domain (Windows 2008 domain and forest functional level) to Windows 2012 R2. Users are migrated with their SID History as well as groups. Users, also, have their home drive mapped to H: i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect and adding external network adapters.

Sometimes after the first reboot after using Casper Imaging, the network adapter isn't detected and some scripts and binding that require a working network connection will fail. Our imaging process still relies on Netbooting and using Casper Imaging....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Office 2016 Auto Updates need Admin Rights?

Hi all, aside from the question if Auto Updates are good or not I am interested in whether Office 2016 Auto Updater needs Admin rights or not when set to "Auto Update&Install". Someone who actually tested this? ThanksThomas  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for assets without warranty info

Does anyone know an easier way to do this than my method below? The only options I have are before or after a date, or more or less days. There's no way to search for a null value. My only thought is to get the S# of the machines, drop that in a spre...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe Update Server Setup Script

DO NOT USE I have created this little script to make life easier. Please feel free to use, fix and let me know what does not work. Hopefully some smart people out there can make this even better. Just drop this in the Terminal and follow the prompts:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guide to Creating Sierra Base Image From A to Z

If you're struggling to get this going, here is a full guide step for step. I've attached screenshots of my original guide with details and formatting. What a pain in the neck it was to get this going. The guide is pasted in plain text at the bottom....  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.1.0 Install on RHEL 6.8

I've got a very secure RHEL 6.8 install and some of the basic services are not installed on our RHEL 6.8 build. I need to know what services are required for the installer for NetSUS 4.1.0 to complete. Currently I am getting quite a few errors on ins...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome "RestrictSigninToPattern" not taking affect

I am at a loss with this issue. I have uploaded a PLIST to JAMF and I am scoping it to my test machine. Chrome is showing that the policy is taking affect but it is not being enforced. ( I have attached a screen shot of the policy within Chrome). Her...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Safe Search on iPad

Any way of Forcing Safe Search (and Restricted Mode) on Google Search and YouTube on iPad? Seems the default is Safe Search OFF and on YouTube Restricted Mode is OFF. Without individually going to each iPad and turning them ON, I would like to be abl...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashlytics Profile Installation

Hi Folks! Long time lurker, first time poster here so please bear with me. This particular JAMF community has been so valuable and the knowledge that everyone possesses here is amazing to see! So, my question revolves around Crashlytics. For those th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors