Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Trouble w/ VirtualBox Deployment

Been searching for others might have done this in the past but no results on Jamfnation, so I gave it a whirl as a test. I have Virtual Box and a Windows VM created on my device working 100%. Then created a new pkg via Composer that includes the Virt...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transferring files out to iPads?

Anyone know of an easy way to transfer PPT files out to a cart full of iPads? I have a teacher who bought some kind of activity off Etsy for her Kindergartners to use and I need to get it out to 50 iPads. It's a total of 19 PPT files. Aside from havi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Norwegian localization of Self Service.app (10.0.0)

Hello, With the new and better-looking Self Service in Jamf Pro 10, we decided to also add a Norwegian translation. I have sent it to Jamf for revision and possible future inclusion in the app, but for now I can provide two options to have your Self ...  View more

89f46c0390d9463a82814c2ff46c651c
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Package failed to upload

Hi Nation, I am receiving the following message when trying to upload a package to Jamf Cloud:Package failed to upload The package has only 64 KB, I was able to upload other packages before, not really sure about what is going on... Has anyone been t...  View more

• 63 replies
  • 4 kudos

Privacy policies for France/Germany

Just a question to the community regarding how you handle privacy for areas like France/Germany? As it stands, JAMF Pro collects application usage and other information. Has ANY of the information that gets gathered into the JSS ever come into questi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

IOS User Initiated Enrollment

I'm New to IOS management. We don't have any licenses for them yet but we were told we could go ahead and enroll a couple devices to see if it was something we wanted to get in to. I'm trying User Initiated enrollment through the enrollment URL but w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro 10 with clients running 10.9.5

I read somewhere that when upgrading to Jamf pro 10, any clients under 10.10 will be running self-service 9.101. Is there anything I need to do before upgrading in regards to this or will it just work?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Packet signing and encryption

JAMF has stated they don't support the -packetencrypt ssl option in Directory Bindings. How have JAMF admins worked around this? Have you written a script to run the command? When should the command be run? Any suggestions would be appreciated!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Three new Software Titles to Patch Management

Greetings Jamf Nation! We have added three new Software Titles to Patch Reporting: macOSAdobe Lightroom CCAdobe Lightroom Classic CC Adobe released major version updates to many Software Titles last week. With those updates came two additional Adobe ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Linux JSS installation

This was asked at several panels at JNUC, but it was not publicly announced how to execute this as it is an undocumented feature. Anyone happen to have the documents to do this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra can't add application to Dock

is anyone having issues dragging an application to the DOCK using High Sierra ?? I can't get an application added to the DOCK. Not sure if i'm doing anything wrong I have installed an application via policy with the dock item, and it didn't get place...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf-Migrator tool only partially working

with the release of jamf Pro 10 (X?) I setup a test box and wanted to use the migrator tool. I got everything setup and ran it, and some of the data comes over (saved searches, smart computer groups, about half the static comp groups, etc) , but not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Nothing But Problems

We are running Jamf Pro 9.101.0, Apple gave us a broken certificate, which upon contacting Apple, and Jamf Support they came to the conclusion that all 3600 mobile devices would have to be reset to factory and set up from scratch. We are about a thir...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10 Self Service Bookmarks

I like how the older version displayed the Bookmarks/Plug-ins on the side while still displaying the Self Service Policies on the main part of the window. I tried setting it up to open with the Bookmarks category in the Self Service settings. It does...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC 2018

Hi Jamfsters, Is anyone seeing issues opening files made with 2017 Adobe CC not opening in Adobe CC 2018?Just checking if its a one off on the user end or others have seen this behavior tia  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Management - Info Field

Ok.. I give! I've been working on cleaning up our JAMF installation and wondering what is meant by the text in the info field as shown below. "Information to display to the administrator when the package is deployed or uninstalled" Does that mean the...  View more

bb43077d14914438b6d110c3c9e79be7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Policy Execution

I updated to JP10 this morning and have been playing with the new Patch Policies and Google Chrome to see how the function. I created a policy to update Google Chrome automatically with a 15 minute delay timeout. After running a sudo jamf policy it p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Policies Issue

Hello all! After upgrading to Jamf Pro 10, when I select the Patch Policies section of a patch reporting title I get the error included in the attached screenshot. Anyone seen this yet? Thanks!  View more

89be1c66ed0a4bdfb12dd56c42c6cca9
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors