Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

XML Tag Difference (if any) in Mobile Devices

Using the API, I can GET or PUT Mobile Device or . Both exist. What is the difference? If I PUT one, does the other also get changed? When I GET based on ID, all my and match. Wondering if they would ever be different? Along the same line, what is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.1 and F5 VPN issues?

Friday I was trying to use VPN and it would act like it's going to connect, but after it accepted my passwords and 2 Factor Auth, it would disconnect and restart the whole process again. I thought it was account lockouts, but then someone else asked ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf vs other Endpoint Managers

Hello! Wanted to get everyone's opinion on here on why Jamf is a much better solution than other endpoint management solutions like MobileIron or AirWatch. As a current user of AirWatch, I would like to make the move to Jamf but would really like to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service apps just spin

Has anyone come across trying to install self service apps but they just sit there and spin, and never install on an ipad? While others install just fine?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Connection to JSS Database error

Hi all, tearing my hair out trying to figure this one. So, Create a local database = All fine. When connecting to a database on another server, I get the following error: See attached JSS running on RHEL vm  View more

fbeaa6f6e3d249419c3dc0f894855408
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10 not mass deleting computers

I'm just testing the Jamf Pro 10 release in the lab and encounter a problem when deleting multiple computers @ once. to make things a little more visible I enabled SQL statement logging on JSS. I intend to delete 10 machines @ once by clicking Action...  View more

• 36 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf pro v10 - Patch management policies

Hi Guys, Instead of using the old fashion policies, currently i am using the patch policies inside patch management whats seems to be working fine, but i am missing some functionality like the option for a deferral or a execution frequency or a trigg...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-house apps not available from public JSS

I'm currently in the process of configuring private and public-access JSS's. I'm using a File Share Distribution Point (Master) privately, and a Cloud Distribution Point (AWS S3 bucket) publicly. The CDP is set to replicate the files from the master ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes could not connect to the iPad...

Keep getting the error message "iTunes could not connect to the iPad “iPad” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes." No iPad, nor lightning cable is plugged into the computer. ...  View more

b1dfde0d67c04e70983dc842634ca617
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Admin loses Admin after AD join

Hello JN, Recently (we do not know when), the Local Admin User we create at image loses its Admin privs. when we bind the Mac to AD. I use the CreateUserPKG to create that user. Luckily we have an explicit AD Security Group that gets Admin privs so w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SKEL Monitoring/Reporting - Extension Attribute?

Has anyone done any work towards getting SKEL status into an extension attribute? I'd love to be able to see which kexts are whitelisted or blocked from loading, if SKEL is active, etc. Luckily we only have one security app that uses a kext, and I im...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How Do I Invalidate a FileVault Recovery Key

I would like to test a script to re-issue a FVRK to any enrolled device with an individual recovery key that is not valid. So, on my test machine, how do I invalidate a key that is already valid so I can verify that the script will reissue a valid ke...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

high sierra smb and spotlight

On our 10.13 macs, multiple machines, we're having a new SMB issue with search results. The files are listed as results, but the icons blank out to generic. For a second you see the real icon, but then they blank out. The results are also now inacces...  View more

5b4c7680367f4c79a6f9ec432d49dfed 3272dcb110484f8994d98c91f3892cab fdd61afc8f7a486884ae97c11e772dcd
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Initiated Enrollment with Jamf cloud

Finally able to dive deeper into our deployment. Was wanting to test User Initiated Enrollment. Is the URL different then the listed example. https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/enroll I have tried a few variations using our jamf cloud url for the organiz...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Caching Bug

When applying a "Security & Privacy" config profile to a Mac with High Sierra with any combination of settings the Content Caching service is automatically disabled. I can work around this by applying a Restrictions profile and enabling "Allow Conten...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf 10 Patch Management experiences?

I installed JP10 on our internal test server to play with Patch Management. Added Mozilla Firefox 56.0.2 to Jamf Admin directly from the dmg I downloaded from Mozilla and added it the PM policy and set it to distribute via Self Service. When I ran th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors