Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Suppressing update notifications

How can we suppress all notifications when software updates are available? Our users don't really need to be alerted whenever there are updates available for iTunes, iMovie, etc.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delayed network share mapping

All our Macs connect to WiFi only and we want to map a network share automatically after login. That seems to be an issue, because the WiFi is not connected immediately after login. So adding the mapping to Login items under the user account does not...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.1 and Auto Run Imaging

Hello Folks, We made the leap to JAMF Pro 10.1, haven't moved to 10.1.1 just yet. Anyhow, we can edit Auto Run imaging data per computer. When we attempt to edit Auto Run data for a group of computers, we click on the action button, choose Edit Auto ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software list not updating

I'm currently trying to remove software that we are no longer using. I have set up a licensed software definition and that was initially working. I then wrote a script that removed the software (by deleting the app in the Applications folder) and dep...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS distribution point issues

Hey folks. We have our JSS and our main DP on the same server. We are configuring downloads over HTTPS but have issues with getting it to work. We can fetch packages just fine when opening a browser from a client and manually entering the URL for the...  View more

63ccbb32f45c41b99bd2a89836256eeb
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very strange /Users permissions issue

On very rare occasions I get this very strange problem. I will login to a random Mac as the local admin account and I notice that the login takes a very long time. When I get to the desktop I notice that the wallpaper is back to the default wallpaper...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUSLP and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server

Hi everyone, I have a problem with NetSUSLP and Ubuntu 16. According to the product description NetSUSLP 4.1.0 is compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Unfortunately when I launch the installer I get the following error: Verifying archive integrity... Al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads defaulting to Cupertino time zone during setup phase

Got a bunch of ipads that I recently wiped and update to 11.2.1 via apple configurator so I can set them up as shared iPads. I've gone to start the setup and they are defaulting to the Cupertino time zone (we're in the UK) which means the MDM enrolme...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Workflow at End of Year / when a user leaves

Got a quick question for what people have worked well in their environments. The iPads are now in DEP for the first time and everything is working fine, but im wondering what the best way of wiping the device and getting it ready for the next user is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.1 upgrade issues

I upgraded my QA instance to Jamf Pro 10.1 today. On a new machine, I tried to launch Imaging and I'm getting the following error when launching Jamf Imaging: On an existing machine, it downloaded the new binary and upgraded Self Service, but has bee...  View more

5142a989440f47d1be7b8d8f738f1e44
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune setup

I'm trying to setup Intune, but getting errors before I can even get the connection. I enter the info, but get the error "Could not retrieve the access token for Microsoft Graph API. Check the configuration for Microsoft Intune Integration." What do ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fast way to reinstall/image only the OS?

I am looking at the fastest way to reinstall macOS with a service that is easy to update the version of the OS as new version come out. Netbooting would be a great option but not necessary. Thanks in advance for the help :)  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patch Management and Adobe CC products

Could someone walk me through how to use the new Patch Management system with Adobe CC products? Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc? We have a ton of devices that are still running CC 2015 versions which I need to upgrade to the most recent CC ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service Branding Header Image Resizing

Hello JAMF Nation, Working on branding Self Service and have noticed that if you change the size of the Self Service window to be wider (not taller) that the image is anchored in the upper right side. As you make the Self Service window wider the ima...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

MySQL NDB Cluster or InnoDB Cluster?

Has any Jamf customers found success in deploying Jamf Pro server within a NDB Cluster or InnoDB Cluster? If so, which one? And has the testing of High Availability been done and the results? Thanks! Matt  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Citrix Receiver Disable Update Check

I've noticed after installing Citrix Receiver the default setting is to have it automatically check for updates, and the popups to update are really persistent. I'm trying to build a script to change this setting, and I'm close but I'm running into s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf virtual

We currently have an old MAC that is hosting JAMF. We are looking to update and was curious of any advice as far as hosting it on a virtual windows machine...Thoughts? And if you are currently doing it can you share with me the machine you currently ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for deploying 100+ Printers/Copiers

We have over 100+ Printers/Copiers at all of our sites. Before having jamf pro, we would keep a spreadsheet with all IPs and add them manually. Now that we have jamf pro, we're unsure how to best set all these printers up in jamf. Should we build a p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heads Up ( again)

Apple released an updated version of the beloved mac OS Installer Notification. If you did not block it last month, now is your chance before the Phone calls/Tickets start  View more

6c51dab6bc444f1c8f11f15a097edbe3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to execute JSS policy

Hi everyone, I am having issues executing notification (yo) policy at recurring check-in. I have another policy that deploys package on end-users' devices. Policy contains a simple shell script that calls execution of Yo app with certain parameters. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors