Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

API Data for ios device rename.

I am trying to create a script to rename a couple thousand IOS devices using a CSV file. I am unable to use the MUT tool because of how our JSS is structured for our departments. I am struggling with finding the API data I need to rename our new ipad...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pull Console Logs to find out why machine is restarting

I just need to get the console logs for a couple machines, they are restarting for some reason, while the user is working on them (as reported) I am trying to see if it's really restarting? Or just logging off.. I can see when machines start after a ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

API query of DEP assigned serial numbers

I’m wondering if there is any way via the API to read all the computer serial numbers that are DEP assigned in our JSS? I don’t care about the enrollment status, that's an existing search criteria. I want to create an EA script that will compare the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS SSL cert

I've got a new JSS up and running. It's been going for a little over a month now. Everything was running fine but now https doesn't seem to be working. I get the ssl error every time I go to log into the server and some of my clients are getting the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass rename of IOS devices script

Hello, I am in need of a script to rename hundreds of ios devices. I would like to do it using a CSV file. One column with the serial number and the next column with the name of the ios device. I know about the mut software, however we are unable to ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Name Changes

Greetings. I'm working on automating a very manual process and need to know if automating this one part is possible.When a customer gets married and their name changes, there is a manual process involving the following:-Unbind from AD-Update computer...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Issue

Anyone here competent with proxies? We use IBOSS on our machines and it's new this year (sort of). So it's an automatic proxy using a .pac file that our AEA hosts. I log in to iboss and double check things. It all looks in order, but I know some stud...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mise à jour Acrobat Reader

Bonjour à tou(te)s,Je cherche le moyen de mettre à jour les AR des postes Mac de mon université.J'y arrive avec le script de Joe Farage :https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/files/773/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-installer-updater Le pb e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

dseditgroup checkmember returning incorrect result.

I am using dseditgroup in my login script to check if a user is a member of the 'Staff' group in Windows Active directory. It has been working fine for a couple of months. We have around 4000 users so its quite well tested. I have one Student who's l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

passing output from one script to another

I'm trying to do something where I have ScriptA populate a variable (we'll call it variable01) and then I'd like to subsequently pass that variable on to ScriptB. In ScriptA, I'm populating the variable and then exporting it (under the assumption tha...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Challenge Accepted (now I need help...)

I do not think what I want to do is possible but I want to see if you guys know for sure. I have read a TON of Rich Trouton's stuff on FileVault 2 and I have a feeling here is where I am stuck. A colleague here at work has a Mac that is encrypted, ru...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad logout time

Hi, I am using shared iPads in a school, however they log the logged in user out within a couple of minutes, is it possible to change this to a longer timeout period? Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS High Sierra 10.13 GM candidate

Now available at developer.apple.com Run the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility to download the latest macOS 10.13 beta. macOS 10.13 GM candidate must be downloaded manually by using the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility and downloading the update...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

com.apple.MCXAirport

The JSS I inherited has both Managed Preferences and Configuration Profiles that disable the use of Wi-Fi by creating the above PLIST and adding the value {DisableAirPort=true}. I've been trying to find ways to undo this for a computer that needs acc...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple DEP Status?

For any of you out there using DEP... Are you able to login to https://deploy.apple.com and manage your Devices? I've been trying since this morning with no luck. I type my ID and password, then after entering the code that's texted to me it bombs ou...  View more

d0ac0c2941c8425684762193d5ab30ca
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-JNUC Meetup 2017

Looking for suggestions on a location as I'm not from around the area. I saw that Brit's is 2 blocks away which is where we has the JNUC Party last year. This was an awesome meet up for me last year, as I was attending for the first time. Look forwar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook Profile Size EA

I put this together and tested it, thought I would share. It should work, but I suspect it could use some refinement. Maybe others will find it useful.We need to know the profile size of Outlook 2016. This EA will pull in the Outlook Profile size, in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webroot SecureAnywhere Install & Register

I need to install and register Webroot on over 800 devices. I created a DMG using composer, it installs the program but it does not put the keycode in. I searched JAMF Nation and at one point last year there seems to be an article that was about this...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrollment 802.1x

Without JAMF implementing the Enrollment Optimization to make DEP enrollments work reliably on WiFi, I'm testing doing the enrollments on ethernet. It works great because it's never losing an internet connection, unlike on WiFi, so the policies set t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper scripting problems with Defaults write.

Can someone is able to explain to me why this script works locally but when I try to run it from the Jamf server it does not fail but it does nothing. the echo give me the actual login user in the logs. #!/bin/bash currentuser="" currentuser=`/bin/ls...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete expired certificates from Keychain

Hi, We have a Configuration Profile pushing out our WiFi settings with certs currently, but recently the first batch started expiring. They get renewed, no problem, but the expired cert is left in the keychain. I'm trying to script the removal of the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Need root access to increase disk space

Have tracked down that some of the problems we have been havibng are due to the NETSUS device running out of disk space. Have increased the space in the VM but need root access to add it the / device.Anybody able to help?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling DVDs to open with VLC by default.

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows which specific user or shared preference file would be the one to capture this setting? We're looking to make all out student-facing computers open with VLC as air playing via the DVD app seems broken. I used Co...  View more

30b8d6e0a5fb47719d6d7b8ba73ca7a6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors