Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD Certificates not trusted

----- Warning for Beginner problems and possibly stupid questions ----- I'm getting a user certificate from our Microsoft Certificate Authority (CA), Everything is working great and the certificates are imported via a configurations profile. The trou...  View more

9f71afd913dd41dc91da6f55efa2da16 8a6e983930134dffacb446522b45a11f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil on the new 2017 iMac

Hi all, first post after using Casper for almost 12 months.Having a problem with dockutil version 2.0.5 on a new iMac 2017 running 10.12.6 casper version 9.96, the same script runs perfectly on older iMacs but on the new one the only item that seems ...  View more

1ed43e83c1584e15aa6b89e20ec09090
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trust Certificates

Hi All I have a certificate that I would like to push out to our iOS devices. I have imported the cert into the system keychain and set it to always trust. I've exported the certificate but when importing to a new device it's not trusted.Am I missing...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV Display Company Logo as Home Screen

Hello, I have recently enrolled and deployed all our Apple TV's to conference rooms. I want them to display our company logo on the home screen. This would be from the time you turn it on until someone uses it for Airplay. In many tutorials about App...  View more

0b29c799958a40d8b8f76fb486e7e052
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Now to Pro Upgrade

Morning, I am looking into getting Jamf integrate into the business I work for and we don't currently have enough devices to justify paying for Jamf Pro but I think that might change when we are a bit more 'Mac-friendly' Is it possible to start on Ja...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd Package Windows server

I would like to create a QuicAdd Pack so I can enrol a number of macs in our lab. We have Casper installed on Windows Server 2012 and I cant find where this Recon.exe file is located?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2016 Non Touchbar 13" MacBook Pro not powering on

Hi Folks, Just curious, does anyone else have issues with some of the new 2016 Non Touchbar 13" MacBook Pros not powering on? We had 1 out of the box show this, Apple replaced the logic board. Yesterday, we had 4 previously imaged and ready to go Mac...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchAgent help

Disclaimer I'm trying to pick up learning both Bash scripting and LaunchAgents to make my job easier (and to take more advantage of Jamf Pro), so I'm quite the noob with it. I can't get the script to which my LaunchAgent is pointing to run at login. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud hosted and Active Directory

Hi All, Hopefully this will be an easy question to answer... I am looking to see how I can connect my internal Active Directory with my Jamf hosted platform. I know there are instructions on using the Jamf infrastructure manager, but i find these ins...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestions for Re-imaging a mac computer

It is very common for my department to re-image a someone's mac. Either the device is being reused for someone new or the end user will request it be refreshed. I know Casper Imaging is an option to re-image, but is there any other option to re-image...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to add new network users to FileVault 2

Hello, We are using FileVault2 on all our clients. During the onboarding-process we create a local service account, which is also enabled for FileVault of course. When a new user logs in for the first time with his ActiveDirectory credentials, the ac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airdrop

Hi All Does anyone know how to actually disable the Airdrop service on OSX Sierra ( I've tried the command "defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES" ) dont the Mac's are still broadcasting via Airdrop I've restricted AirDrop ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Wipe

I want to remote wipe about 20 computers. I find the computers in the JSS, go to the manage tab, select remote wipe and enter the code. So far so good. What I get on the other end is a computer sitting there waiting for me to physically enter the six...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted Software in JSS

I am having an issue with Restricted Software. I am restricted the Messages app on some smart groups, and its working fine by killing the process, but my end users have find a way around it by Coping the Message app and pasting it with a different na...  View more

3fb6111f0210406ebf37152414b122b5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store and Updates page Grey

We have 2 mac pros which I use for netboot and Software Updates. This was working when I tested the setup about 3 weeks ago.I went to push some updates to a new lab and started seeing errors regarding connection to the server.Upon further investigati...  View more

a6bfe72b1c9a4533bfa7d8c3eefec157
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

.pkg install on login

I'm currently trying to deploy the latest version of Symantec to all of my Mac's so that they are on the latest version. I currently have a policy written to install from the self service and it is restricted to admins so that we can test that it doe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL failovers

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone here has a similar set up, and how you have failover contingencies set up. We have two MySQL servers (Master and Slave) set up. They are set to be replicate and that is all good. I was wondering if there is a script...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors