Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

XCode 9.2 deploy with all content

We have purchased licenses for Xcode 9.2 through VPP and pushed the app down to a lab of MacBooks. When it comes time for them to move on to the next lesson plan/task it is prompting for administrative credentials to install it. Is there an automated...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

iOS browser Timeout

I have a user with a iPad running Safari in single-use mode. The browser opens to a departmental feedback page. The user needs a way to force this page to time out after 3 minutes deleting any information keyed into the page. It looks like automating...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loading Management Tab SLOW in JSS for Student Devices

Managing student devices in a 1:1 school setting. Placing devices in lost mode on a regular basis due to students misplacing devices. Takes FOREVER for the management tab to load. Issue started with new JAMF PRO update. Has been going on for weeks. P...  View more

e682bc2cd9be4acc995bf380cc8d6431
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

See all Mac user login times in Casper/Jamf Pro

Hi, Is there a way to see a broad list of user logins reported to Casper for all devices?I know I can go to a single device and see logins, but what if I want to see how many logins were in a lab, or across the site, between 10am and 11am this mornin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP Automatic Enrolment

Hi all, I have a query regarding DEP enrolment. A long story short, the company I'm doing some work for has only JUST setup their DEP account, so at the moment we have nothing configured yet. However, a situation has occurred where a MacBook Air has ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

manage user objects in the JSS?

I noticed I have far more users in the JSS user tab than I have computers in the computers tab. Is there a way to purge out users from the users tab who have no assets?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Building Lab with Bootcamp Windows 10

Hello all, How would you go about building a Mac lab that also needs Bootcamp installed? It'll be a 27" iMac with 50% of the drive being used for Bootcamp for the remaining of the school year (December - June). Our goal is to pull out the existing PC...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP On Currently Used Macs

Hello everyone, We are just starting to roll out our Jamf deployment to the company(~300 Macs), for awhile all new hires have been enrolled but we have a ton of currently in use Macs that are not enrolled. We have DEP hooked up and verified. Is there...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.2 Combo Update (

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 This update is recommended for all Macs running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1. For all other systems running macOS High Sierra, please install 10.13.2 via Mac App Store Software Updates.​ Does this mean no Combo Updater...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for upgrading an OS?

I want to being pushing out OS upgrades to Macs that need it or users that want High Sierra. I have created smart groups for Macs that don't have High Sierra. I created a policy to cache the macOS High Sierra installer dmg on a couple of test machine...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am I crazy?

OK -- thanks in advance for reading. I'm working with a 2012 Late Mac Mini and the latest version of Windows 10 ISO file. I'm attempting to use BootCamp Assistant (BCA) to install Windows 10 on my 2012 Mac Mini running High Sierra. In the past I was ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Via Configurator

I'm trying to enroll devices with Apple Configurator. This seems like the easiest way to do it but if it isn't please feel free to chime in as I'm new to IOS management. I have the device in DEP but it still kicks back this message: I'm not sure what...  View more

a50c95a42831458e8e4eb10e0bafb564
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is anyone deploying High Sierra using DeployStudio

I ran across this article that says you can create a package that will do all the firmware updates. http://www.amsys.co.uk/2017/09/deploying-firmware-updates-imaging/ I am wondering if this works. If so, could I then create a "master high Sierra imag...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

GSX options?

Recently I discovered GSX was no longer functional. After inquiring I found that our network guy who handles that aspect hadn't logged in within the every 30 day requirement to keep the account used alive. He contacted Apple about unlocking the accou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.2 kernel panic or boot loop

We've had multiple JSS managed computers kernel panic after installing 10.13.2 The computer installs the update, requires a restart, and after FV2 drive unlock either goes into a boot loop or kernel panics. Has anyone else seen this? What's the solut...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to block 10.13.2

I'm having a hard time trying to block/restrict update 10.13.2 how could I do that from JSS (current version 9.96 but I guess any version of JSS should be similar process) any help will be appreciated.thank you.  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.13.2 - Add management account to FV broken

In a not entirely unexpected event, the Jamf policy to add the management account to FileVault no longer works on APFS volumes. Executing the policy shows the following in the terminal with verbose output: Error: Added users failed error. Error addin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Wireless EAP-TLS Wonkiness

Below is an email I just sent to my team updating my progress. I am currently building 802.1x profiles with machine certs in JAMF, downloading them and installing them manually. I am also performing the AD bind manually using Apple's built in tools. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sound not playing on iPad when in lost mode.

This morning we had a student lose their iPad. It was found and it was in lost mode, and I was able to remove the lost mode. The problem is, it didn't make a sound. We would have found it hours before if it played the sound. It was on and the volume ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cant make High Sierra Image

Hi all, I am trying to make a base high sierra image and everytime I use composer after I hit start it just crashes. Just went to 10.0 on both server and composer. Also having an issue where I made an install image with autodmg and when casper goes t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictions Configuration Profile

We have a profile with the Restrictions payload set to ONLY allow TextEdit, Preview, and Printer Setup Utility. When I push that configuration profile it still allows every application like Safari and whatever else to launch. This used to work. It se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Link ldap group to local admin group

I have an administrator group (eng) set up in JAMF managing our systems. Local Mac systems use the same 389DS system for login. How can I link the network admin group (eng) to the OSX systems so those users show up as 'admin network' accounts on logi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock util for high sierra

I have a script for dockutil for when logging in to admin and put the following apps in the dock.anyone who can help? !/bin/bash DOCKUTIL=/usr/local/bin/dockutil $DOCKUTIL --remove all$DOCKUTIL --add '/Applications/AppCleaner.app' --no-restart$DOCKUT...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How Run a .Sh file in the remote machine

Hey Guys, I'm still exploring JAMF. I want to have McAfee package available in Self Service portal. There are 2 components. McAfee Agent (For this to install, I will have to run a .Sh file) McAfee Antivirus ( For this to install, I will have to run a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors