Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

System Certificates disappearing after enrollment

We are seeing an increase in the number of machines that have System Certificates disappear after enrollment. Sometimes even on machines that have been active and enrolled for quite awhile. No discernible pattern. We are using our own JDS. Certificat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads Not Checking In

We have about 525 student 1:1 iPads in Bretford carts at one of our schools. This is the first summer where I'm deploying myself. Last year we did the Apple ConnectED rollout of these devices so the process was a bit different. Some carts were left p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick prompt when installing profile on IOS

So when it trys to install the Profile, the user is getting the following prompt for about 1sec. Need to be fast to hit Allow! "The website is trying to open settings to show you a configuration profile" Cancel/Allow Only happening on 10.3.3 that I a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom trigger/could not connect to the JSS errors

As of this morning, there were 3 machines that are failing to connect to the jss and running a custom trigger. The last successful that was ran by a user was at 7:30 PM last night.
Checking for policies triggered by "OfficeUpdate"...
Could not connect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not push apps after upgrading ipads to 10.3.3

We pushed out IOS updates 710 plus ipads for version 10.3.3. Since doing so we can not push apps to ipads with that version. Apps successfully push to IOS 10.2 versions. We have tried excluding test ipads from all configuration profiles.. allowed the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timed Restrictions on Macs

Just putting this here for feedback, and for people to use if needed We have about 1600 student macs in use, and there are a few kids who will play games in class/message friends/get distracted basically. Sometimes, a configuration profiles is okay, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAU Caching Server

Hi Admins, how are you maintaining your MAU Caching Server? Do you have a method of auto deleting Old Office Packages to save Hard Drive Space? Or are you just manually deleting old versions?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for NTP

Hi! Anyone have an EA that will pull what NTP server is set to? Thanks!John  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cylance icon now grey

Does anyone use Cylance? (AV) We have been using it for around 9 months. As of the last few (ish) weeks, numerous users have noticed the icon went from green to grey. They also keep getting the "X" over the icon. When they click on it to "update" the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help - "Reimage" Script

We use a thumb drive with a boot partition and an automator workflow that calls the following script to wipe our Macs. We use DEP for setups, so we just set them back to factory and let the end users go through the prestage enrollment. My test machin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Check Scripting Help

I'm writing a script to remove our old casper check files and replace them with the new and updated versions (switching JSS's). Can Cat be used in one script twice to create two different files? When running my first instance of Cat it tries running ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full sessions

Are you looking at offering more sessions of the ones that are full? Also it would be nice if the more popular type of sessions from past years were offered more than once because often 2 sessions are at the same time and there is no way to attend bo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 8.2.1 Script help

I am using the following Script. The license accept part works but it does not download the additional tools. On the JSS it says that they installed on the base path but when a user launches Xcode it prompts for the admin password to download the too...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 15.37 (170815) - Disappearing Folders?

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have tried installing Outlook 15.37 twice now and have experienced the same bug both times. The Folder panel in the Main Window is blank. I have to click around randomly to find the Sent folder or any or th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDPy - Machines can see NBI, but fail to boot it

Hi, I've just set up a Ubunutu 16.04 virtual server to provide netboot services using BSDPy. I've used AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI to build my netboot image from the offical 10.12.6 installer from the App Store, and I've followed Graham Gilbert's BDSPy...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

oracle webserver

I've got a request from your licensing team to remove Oracle Webserver from a users machine. I don't see any reference in the machines inventory that it's installed. Anybody had any experience for finding if it is actually installed on this machine a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on known bad passwords

We have a recently rolled out jamf solution, so we're still getting to grips with some of the less off-the-shelf features. Being able to push a password policy for local accounts has been great, however we have a number of endpoints that were deploye...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Avast (easy mode)

Hello everyone! I am looking for an easy policy to remove avast.. Thinking if someone has already scripted this out or figured out how to run avasts app without user interaction. The goal is to, remove avast before installing symantec and in the end,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finale 25 crashing on install with Casper

Just curious if anyone has dealt with Finale crashing while installing via Casper. It looks like the software is installed as it will launch. I don't use it so I don't know how well it works and if everything is there. If I do it through Self Service...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors