Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Mac Outlook Support Utilities Released

[https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_for_mac_support_team_blog/2017/08/10/mac-outlook-support-utilities/](link URL) Microsoft has released some useful utilities for Mac Outlook 2016. OutlookSearchRepair: This utility will repair search results...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe Premiere Scratch Disk

Is there any extension attributes that can tell where the Adobe Premiere scratch disks are set to? We are constantly having users use network storage and I want to be able to create a smart group for those users. Thanks in advance  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Related to MacMini

I have just reimaged a mac with Sierra with the casper server Once the installation completed the macmini rebooted and stuck on a apple logo can someone please help me with this issue.  View more

2879e9a5a3cf4cd4a20b2037fbb73715
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create User Login and Application Usage report

For statistical reasons I would like to collect data of who is login in to a machine in the student's computer exercise room and which of the installed programs is used. I know that under "Computer Management - Management Framework" -> "Check-In" a l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 9.101 Beta 2 is now available

Beta 2 is now available for Jamf Pro 9.101. Continue testing Apple’s upcoming operating systems with beta 2. Jamf Pro 9.101 brings compatibility and new key-feature support for macOS High Sierra, iOS 11, and tvOS 11. One great new feature in beta 2 i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPad Classes and Mobile Devices Groups (Script)

Not looking to reinvent the wheel, was wondering if anyone out there had a script or other method for mass assigning a certain device group to multiple classes? Right now I have about three dozen classes which need to have the same group of iPads ass...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exporting Firefox bookmarks via script

Does anyone know if the Firefox bookmarks can be exported by running a shell script? I found the manual instructions for doing it via the GUI. We've been having some troubles with version 54 and 55 when dealing with root certs, and I've found that th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data in ServicePrincipalName AD attribute gets removed

We are predominantly a Windows shop and bind our Macs to our existing AD infrastructure. Our MacBooks rely on the ServicePrincipal attribute being populated in AD with the following data in order to connect to our corporate 802.1X wifi network: afpse...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script assistance - 802.1x wifi / user keychain

Long story short, a few months ago we changed CA's and found ourselves stuck with updating the existing wifi configuration profile. We ended up having to change the entire company's wifi SSID to get around this. (more info here - https://www.jamf.com...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Current Project: Create User Account Script

Hello Nation of JAMF! Over the past month or so, I've been working on a personal project to help improve my scripting skills and help mac admins (and myself) out. I finally finished all the changes and updates so I'm excited to share it with everyone...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing icons

Hello fellow JAMF admins and techs, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this issue before. A user reached out because their icons were missing from the dock and launchpad. A few of the favorite folders in finder are missing as well with question ...  View more

8feca63544b14446b19296066550daf3 d78d4c4113ab4972a10519913a620db7
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Limitation All Policies

Hello Jamf Nation,We have to add a network segment limitation to all policies.Instead of adding one by one, is there a way to do this via mysql. Thanks for any advice in advance.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra linkfiledownload error 5

is anybody getting this error when trying to run the hightsierra app ? i am getting it when i first use the accessutility.dmg, it then opens the App Store and from there i click 'open' and it starts the install process, eventually getting a popup say...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up new JSS

I'm setting up a new JSS for scaling reason. I can access the JSS through chrome using the local ip but I can't seem to get it from the external IP. I had the guy that does our website create the DNS record to the Public IP of the server but I always...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Caching Server

I'd like to implement a caching server in our corporate office. We currently have our jamf hosted in a datacenter off site. Is it okay to use 1 server to cache macOS updates from Apple and use it as a primary distribution point? Is there documentatio...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webhooks through Proxy Server

Has anyone got webhooks working through a proxy server? I'm trying out the integration to Service Now and need to have the webhooks working. I have tried configuring external_communications in the database as described in the KB article about DEP and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Commands Weirdness

So I send a lock command to the computer and I get the following error back.... There was a problem communicating with a push server The thing is if I login from a locked screen to the desktop AFTER a reboot the system then goes into reboot mode and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script assistance with logged in user folder

I am trying to set up an extension attribute that will show whether an application has been run on individual systems. When launched, the app creates a directory at the user level. I'm trying to find a way to output whether that directory is present,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged Macs and DEP

We appear to be having an issue with Macs and DEP. If we take a Mac that has been enrolled via DEP, erase and re-install macOS via Recovery Mode and then boot it, it does not appear to pull any info from Casper during any subsequent boots. We never s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Upgrade Woes

Recently became the go-to for the Casper system at my company, and my first project is to make sure all of the Macs are upgraded to the latest version of Sierra. I am following this guide: Here but running into issues. I can get the install.esd packa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors