Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Migrating Mobile Accounts between Open Directories

Hello, We are about to begin taking down an OD server at one of our School Clients and replacing it with a freshly built OD with the same DNS name. We created new bindings and are now running into issues with computer that had previous mobile account...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software updates......

So I've been noticing an odd thing in the last couple months. When we push software updates either via casper or through command line, it doesn't always work the first time. Looking the logs it shows it's downloading the components, but doesn't alway...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch to use http/http so from SMB

Currently I use SMB but want to switch to http/https. I am using a Mac running 10.10 Do I have to switch off the SMB shares on the 10.10? What settings do need setup on the 10.10 to be ready for this?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal and external self service

We're currently running jss in a dmz on an internal address and use NAT/port forward in our firewall to make it available externally. We have some functionality available from any public IP and limiting application distribution based on source networ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group

Hi all i had something i wanted to try but failed,goes as follow: I made classes for Casper Focus,but i want to create a smart group based on Classes and ios Versions.When i do this i still see the students that are running ios 8,4 because there in t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Invitations for Open Access Macs

We have many open access Macs that our student base (in theory, up to 16000 users) can walk up to and use. We have some App Store Apps (free) that we want to distribute to these Macs. How should I go about distributing the apps to these Macs? We want...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Account Generated Passwords

I have been using the same password for my management accounts for a couple of years. The windows desktops will soon be getting randomly assigned passwords that are accessible via Active Directory with a schema mod. What are the implications of setti...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loop through 2 arrays with bash

Hi Guys We use a multi context environment. For deploying scripts, packages etc. on all contexts I am using the API. I'm currently working on a shell script which contains 2 arrays (contexts and the XML's). How do I loop through those two arrays with...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS trick to share

So I've been working on getting three NetSUS up and running and playing around with configurations and best setups. My goal is to get just the updates for Yosemite and also be able to use the Software Update Server portion in Computer Management sett...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Self Service

I'm getting requests from my senior management to report on the follow from Self Service How many software installs at month end? Top 10 installs How many installs for the month were successful & How many failed? Historical - how many installs since ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage - Authentication options?

Ideally we want our technicians to authenticate before prestage imaging kicks in, but this doesn't seem possible; when a Mac is netbooted (and not already in the DB), Casper Imaging starts without authentication and counts down for Prestage. We want ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine Decommissioning - Best Practice

Hi, We've not long been using Casper but currently have it quite successfully managing our Student facing machines. Some of these are now over 3 years old and will soon be replaced as part of our rolling upgrade program.Does anyone have any tips or b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out after 30 min of inactivity

Hi Ive noticed that some of our machines start this new behavior that they logout after 30 min of inactivity and it sets itself automatically in security and privacy setting. I did not set this up and I can not find anything in the policies or in con...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Set time restrictions for Casper Focus App Lock

We are running an iPad 1:1 BYOD program, using JSS and Casper Focus. We're dealing with an issue where Students are being focused before or after school hours, and on the weekends. I understand that setting "Meeting Times" under Classes in JSS restri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating OS upgrades

@rtrouton has a great post on Self-Service OS upgrades, and in fact we have a very similar workflow. Unfortunately though, it can't be fully automated with FileVault. Specifically we have trouble as described by the Note on installing OS X on FileVau...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

undoing a SUS assignment

I have assigned an in house SUS to my users but now I want to change to a caching server. Apple says I can't have end users utilize a coaching server if they are pointed at a SUS. How do I undo that assignment?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors