Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Replicating to USB for offline imaging slow

Hi all - Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with replication speeds from Casper Admin? I just spent a few hours setting up a workstation near the MDM server so I could replicate directly from the primary distribution point to a USB without h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploying 10.10.5 Combo update via JSS

JSS: 9.8.1Casper Admin: 9.8.1Deploying: 10.10.5 combo update via JSS to 10.10.2 Problem: For security, my company needs everyone to be on 10.10.5 for the safari vulnerability patch.El capitan doesnt work with trend for us yet so that isnt an option. ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 10 automated deployment

Just a quick whip around the table, anyone managed to get Windows 10 to deploy automagically? What process are you using?I am trying to get it working using some method involving SCCM but was interested in what other people did, especially on 10.11 m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DC Metro User Group Directions

When you arrive via foot, please enter the building from the courtyard, see map below.Parking is available for free. Enter the garage from the entrance on M St. Tell them you are here for the Casper event. Then take the elevators to the 1st floor and...  View more

6d444c0e3e30435ea06af0b7fcafcc66
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.81 and El Cap AD Binding

Recently updated to 9.81 and beginning testing of my El Cap image. While AD binding is working (machine is bound, I can login), the 'Allow Administration by' setting is not taking. User Experience tab is also not being set. Any suggestions? EDIT: Sam...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Individual Key and JSS Upload

We created a small AppleScript app that kicks off FileVault in order to make it easier for some of our provisioners to ensure that FV is enabled before we deploy Macs. I wasn't involved in testing this, but fast forward a few months and a lot of Macs...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show indicator for Open Apps (but only this)

Greetings All, I went to enable the 'Show Indicators for open applications" setting in Configuration Profiles, scoped and deployed - and of course it works nicely. However, I ONLY want this dock setting to be managed - not the others that are grouped...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transitioning VPP licenses to device assigned

Hi, We have hundreds of apps that are currently assigned to users and we would like to be able to transition them to device based assignment. Apple indicated at WWDC that moving already deployed apps from user assigned to device assigned was going to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Access to Multiple Macs

This may be a little off topic but... We are trying to create a bank of 20 or so Mac Minis that students can access remotely. The physical devices will be in our data center and the students in a random classroom. I know we can use VNC and I am looki...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS vs. Netboot

Should have labeled this "NetSUS vs. Netboot on Mac Server" but you get the idea.We've been using Netboot for a while now, and as we roll out Casper to our regions the questions has been asked again about hosting NetSUS on Linux, specifically the Net...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Promethean Driver Uninstall and update policy

Hello All, I work in a K-12 school and we use promethean boards. I'm looking for a workflow to uninstall a driver from our promethean software so i can deploy the update through a JSS policy (Self Service is not an option for this deployment). I can ...  View more

56884093f19348d39f9f32fd2c276da0 bf2e7a8c50154d378baaa0a8e917b95c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query about Casper MDM usage information

Hello We have a Casper MDM iPad deployment and are wondering what information can be extracted from the MDM reports about the iPad usage. Is there a Casper documentation describing standard iPad usage reports and what specific information can be extr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless not working in yosemite

All, I have a MacbookPro running Yosemite in an AD/Centrify network which connects fine to wired and guest wireless networks but cannot connect nor discover a corporate wireless network utilizing 802.1x. Any ideas? TD  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear Chrome Cache on Login

Does anyone have a script that will clear Google Chrome cache on login and or logout? I've having an issue where chrome is locking up waiting for the cache. Once cleared the browser works fine.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited Access setup for AWS

Kind of a long winded question and just wanted to see what my options are. Our master JSS is in AWS. Currently only accessible through our two office static IP addresses. Our master JSS is a FQDN. We'll called it example.com. All JAMF agents resolve ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Run Self Service Policy from Terminal

We have a policy that is designed to be run from Self Service only; that is, there is no trigger, just "Make this policy available in Self Service". It runs fine from the GUI. But I had occasion just now to need to run it from Terminal when SSH'ed in...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost/Forgot lock PIN code

Background: Had a student not return a macbook during turn in. I remotely locked their laptop as I have done other times with the lock feature. When going back to the machine this summer to get it ready for next student, I realized I never unlocked. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Preference Editing Script

Here's a little nugget that you all can enjoy :-) I wrote this as we are switching our students to a different SSID, however the one they are on currently will still exist. This script changes the wifi preferred list to set the SSID you choose to the...  View more

db93d02778cd49f7bcd8cfe20314710f
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Extension Attribute

Not sure if anyone needs an EA for Proxy information: #!/bin/sh # Reference: https://macmule.com/2014/12/07/how-to-change-the-automatic-proxy-configuration-url-in-system-preferences-via-a-script/ /usr/sbin/networksetup -detectnewhardware IFS=$' ' #Lo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managing Netwrok Preference Pane Access?

Hello,I have found the commands to allow access to the Network System Preference pane using security authorizationdb. However, I was hoping for a more granular approach. Specifically for our students. We would like for them to have access to the Adva...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

update MS Office in place

We have Office 14.1.0 installed on our users machines. I am trying to upgrade to Office 14.5.7. but when I create a policy that I hope will do that the update package just ends up at the root of the boot drive without being installed. What am I doing...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer OS Package and Fusion Drive

I've customized a mac image and now I'm in the middle of capturing that image from composer. The issue i'm having is, I don't know which partitions to choose. I see Macintosh HD, Recovery HD and Boot OS X. I can only select two out of three. Thank yo...  View more

54e9e2ecd1a141b1aa1980564874003e
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors