Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Adding Utilites to NetBoot Sets?

Is anyone out there running utilites or 3rd-party tools from their AutoCasper .nbi images? My Desktop guys are interested in bundling Disk Utilty.app, Terminal.app, TechTool Pro, DiskWarrior, etc. Just curious if it works well, or if you have seen is...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching the JSS for specified users

So the task that's been laid out before me is straight forward but not really simple: take a list of up to 400 user names, search the JSS for computers those users have logged into and produce a legible list of those computers. I've started working i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Custom QuickAdd

Hello, I have been working on customizing the quickadd.pkg because our JSS is cloud hosted, our AD in on prem and we are not allowed to bind them because the methods used are not deemed secure enough for our security team. I have read Getting the Mos...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset tag importer released

Hi Everyone, In my session I talked about the ability to import asset tags with a Python script. I just released a working version of the JSS Asset Tag Importer to GitHub. Check it out! https://github.com/bradschm/jss-assettag-importer Cheers! -Brad  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Rest API with jQuery

I'm trying to hit the rest API from a website using jQuery. Since I ran into a cross site scripting issue, I'm using jsonp as the datatype. Although I'm seeing a 200 status getting returned, there seems to be an issue with reading the data. I tried c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope Policy by Local User Account

Is there a way to scope a policy by a local user account?I wanted to make a Policy to remove certain dock items from the local student account at each login but it does not seem to allow me to specify the local student account only.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help creating Search Domains to Append Policy

We have a few hundred Macs spread out over our offices around the country/world and sometimes the search domains get edited and important information is deleted. I'd like to set up an ongoing policy so that 3 search domains are added back to each ada...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL PID not found, mysql no command found

Hi I am installing the latest JSS on a new OS X 10.10.5 with server 5 and when I install MySQL 5.7 I try to follow the installation Guide for JSS and I get and error when I run "mysql" that no command is found. Added to that typing a different comman...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help packaging Security & Privacy

Hey everyone. In the past I have baked all my settings into the base, but wanted to try my hand at a clean base OS via AutoDMG and customizing it after the fact. I'm having trouble with settings I normally set in System Preferences > Security & Priva...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco VPN AnyConnect client packaging issues

I am trying to package the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect 4.2.01035 but ran into a reboot required issue. Basically once created in Composer, the client opens up to an error "The VPN Service is not available. Exiting". A reboot fixes this but mak...  View more

3e069a723ad449379ea050ae3101cdb2
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running application on user login just once

Hey everyone - First time poster here! I have an application that I need to run after it installs. After scouring the forums for how to get this done, it looks like the best way is to have it run on login using a LaunchAgent. I've set that up with a ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Pop-Up Extension Attribute Value via API

Hey All! I'm fairly comfortable with Casper's API manipulation but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out this issue (maybe it's post vacation brain?). I have an extension attribute that's of type Pop-Up Menu. I've already populated the val...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player 20.0.0.267 removes analytics

This is good news: the Flash Player 20.0.0.267 installer (at least, the "enterprise" package version) attempts to remove the possibly-accidentally-included FPFeedbackService analytics service which was installed as a part of the 20.0.0.235 package. F...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS SMB share

Hi all, Due some unwanted behavior from AFP we decided to switch to SMB.Now i have successfully configured a SMB share with the packages and mounting from the clients works as expected. However when i want to netboot a new machine it reboots immediat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Casper Admin

In my work environment we currently are running JSS version 9.81 and my Casper Admin application that I have is version 9.73. How do I upgrade my Casper Admin to match JSS? Whenever I try to open Casper Admin it gives me a Version Mismatch error. Tha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NO VPP under Global Management

I found the Knowledge base case to migrate users, resolved the conflicts. I have the migrate users tab. Once I click migrate users, The page blinks, At the top it says that i have 576 users to migrate but I do not see any confirmation or VPP tab unde...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing a new JDS and JSS cannot find the JSS URL

So I am installing a JDS and JSS for the first time in a test environment before production deployment and I hit a snag in the installation. I downloaded the JDS installer.pkg and in the JDS enrollment it asks for a JDS hostname JSS URL, JSS username...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reflector 2 Broadcast name not appearing

How would i go about the below automator command into a bash script. As I packaged the software with composer correctly and remove the hostname from the Plist of the system I used to build the package, but I wanted for the package to fill in the user...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get Dock items to work

I want to include dock items along with the apps that I am distributing via Self Service. I add the Dock item using Casper Admin, and it is then visible when I create the policy in my JSS. I'm adding the application package and the dock item to the p...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

chmod -R on already-created DMG packages ?

It's possible that I may have created a bunch of install packages (with Composer) that set bad permissions recursively on /Applications. When I re-image a Mac running 10.10, I get lots of "Unapproved caller" errors, requiring multiple safe-mode reboo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors