Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Upgraded to 9.64 and now imaging hangs

I just upgraded one of my JSS to 9.64 and now when I use target disk mode, and connect a disk it asks for the hostname and then the whole GUI dies. stops counting time, wont respond to any clicks. Anybody have 9.64 imaging working in target disk mode...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator but force users to self enroll

I'd like to use Configurator to supervise iPads whereby I hand an iPad to a student, and she is then prompted to enroll herself into the JSS. I've gotten as far as entering the enrollment URL into Apple Configurator, but when I supervise an iPad and ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and Splunk?

So Is there any one out there that has been sending their logs to Splunk? By logs I mean the individual computer logs. If so, how did you go about setting that up.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrade OS X using downloaded installerapp ?

PRIOR to dragging it into Casper Admin I would like to change the name of the dowloaded Apple OS X installer app from "Install OS X Yosemite.app" to "MY DEPT OS X Yosemite.app" , will changing this name have a negative effect on Casper admins doing i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to copy large files to a Windows 2012 share?

Hi: Having an issue where it seems that Yosemite client cannot copy large files over SMB to a Windows 2012 share, though Mavericks clients are fine. Some similar posts here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301961-writing-to-remote-refs-share-4...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items w/ Installation

Hello, Is there a way to have newly installed software added to the dock automatically? I am trying to do with Office 2011 and Firefox. I would like this to only happen during imaging and will let the users modify their dock as they please once they ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Push Proxy Whitepaper

I'm looking for either a whitepaper, or a better description of the Push Proxy than the diagram located at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=374. I'm looking for something that explains what the individual components are and provide...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture One 8 - Issue Capturing License Key

Hi there, this was little critical. Has anyone deployed Capture One Pro 8 in the environment? It worked well till version 7 when I used Composer to package but with version 8 it is not making the app work silently.It tells the user that it needs an a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

'About This Mac' shows number instead of OS X name

I ran across a weird issue where the About This Mac info box shows a number instead of "OS X Yosemite". external image link It's not related to the image since I imaged two Macs simultaneously (same AutoDMG image through DeployStudio) and only one of...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to deploy upgrade of Safari

We have some old white Macbooks running 10.7.5 and I need to update Safari on them. Because the computers are running 10.7.5 (no intention on upgrading the OSX at this stage since those MacBooks only have 2GB of memory) the latest Safari version I ca...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM remote lock message

Hi all, Just a quick question - I've set up the ability to send remote lock commands, and it all works well (or well enough, that's another topic), but when I was first working on it I set up a test message (literally "test") that it displays when it...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

FileMaker 12 and Casper Imaging

Is there a way to install FileMaker 12 via a Casper Imaging workflow? I can't seem to find much (i.e. any) info regarding this other than some info related to installing v.13 via a network volume. During my initial attempts, an error is displayed upo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall management

is there a way to uninstall Casper management, for example through a command line? i would like to make a query that finds unsupported machines, or some other smart group and removes any management settings and uninstalls whatever client the quick ad...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has Wi/Fi Extension Attributes

Hello, I am trying to create a Extension Attribute to show me which computers have a network called LP-Admin in their preferred network list. I found this script which will show all of their networks on a Macbook Air networksetup -listpreferredwirele...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display Support info for end user

Hello all - my first attempt at applescript (raised on windows - sorry-) I created this script using data from the simple 'Get System Info' - It is supposed to display the user name that is logged in, computer name, ip address, and Mac address. - the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window Deny Access for Active Directory Users

Hi, I created a Configuration Profile for my Machines that would enforce, that Group XY and User ZZZ are denied at login. (Configuration Profile -> LoginWindow -> Access Tab -> Deny )The Profile got distributed and i can see it on the Machine.But I s...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 7.1 - Set Homepage Per User

Hi all, We have a number of communal use Macbook Pros that are managed by Casper. We are trying to set Safari's default homepage to our intranet server, and despite best efforts, Safari continues to set default to http://www.apple.com. Once its chang...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filtering Policy Logs

Hi All, Hoping there's a setting somewhere that I'm just completely overlooking. I've got a policy that runs very frequently, and I was hoping there's a way to turn down logging a bit, or a way to filter out blank script results. Basically, I want to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors