Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Slow booting Mac without network connection

Hey, we are experiencing a 50 sec longer boot up time when a Mac is not connected to the network. If a Mac is connected to the internal network it takes up to 20 sec to boot after authenticating at the FV2 Log Screen. If the Mac isn't connected to th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf recon and Casper 9.7

Hi there, Are the jamf recon "-username" and "-passhash" options needed under Casper 9.7? I don't see them showing up in the "jamf help recon" manpage anymore. If not, when did they go away? :-) Thx, Adam  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spotify Versions

Anyone else notice that Spotify is going backwards in version number? End of April autopkg downloaded version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40bThis week autopkg downloaded version 1.0.4.89.g22b04e33  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confusion with composer 9.72

Hi, We have implemented Casper as our imaging and update solution option about 1 week ago and I am learning to drive it but having a few issues that i cant find clarity around so I thought id post a question and would really appreciate anyone taking ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waiting Room - How long

Just wondering that for how long the cached package is going to stay in Waiting Room folder. Does it get deleted right after the cached package installation or it stays forever until we run a query to delete all cached packages from the client macs.  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Beginners' guide to managing the dock?

Hi I'm moving from managing Macs in my classroom using Workgroup Manager to now using Casper. I'd like to just be able to set the apps in the dock and not let them be changed. Is there an 'easy' way to do this? Thanks!  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles best practice?

When I started my job, the whole Casper 9.x environment was already setup by my boss' boss who is now completely hands-off with the Macs. I was a relative Casper newbie, but not a Mac admin/engineer newbie. My first few months on the job were spent g...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

LANDesk for MACs vs Casper

First I want to appologize for beating the dead horse. I see that there are several post of similar or same topic but they are somewhat outdated. I was asked to compare LANDesk and Casper Suite and create a simple Pros and Cons document. While I see ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing the QuickAdd

We've recently changed our URL for our JSS from a .local address to a .net to enable us to use a third party cert for our external JSS. However, as part of this the URI for the PKI is not available externally. To enrol externally it needs the CA Auth...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud Distribution Issues

Has anyone had any issues setting up their Cloud Distribution Point? I am trying to setup the Amazon option using an S3 bucket. I have tested the credentials outside of the JSS with the Key and Password and they work without an issue. When I set it u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Text formatting in Casper logs

I’ve recently created a script to report various system/status settings on a group of machines, which I can then study via the policy logs in Casper. To improve the readability of the output I’ve incorporated some switches to add tabs and new lines i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import Root Certificate into Firefox

My company is now introducing SSL certificates. We have no issue with Safari nor Chrome just Firefox because the certificate needs to be imported into the browser. We are able to create a new package with the Cert our issue is importing the certifica...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP data seems to be corrupted in the JSS records

We've recently have had a incident where over 300+ records in one of our Sites within our JSS now has the same information of the Username field (same user name for all 300+ records), email address field (same email address for all 300+ records), Pos...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FLASH NPAPI AND PPAPI

Hello, I have noticed for a while that the Flash Update settings now show a NPAPI and PPAPI plugins. We use Safari, Chrome and Firefox in our office. I Googled the plug-ins and find it a bit confusing. If the PPAPI plugin is for Chrome and Chrome upd...  View more

9e12a41e2e34465aa6567109faf18822
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

wifi w/ splash page

Hello, Does anyone have an environment with a guest network which has an agreement splash page? Reason I'm asking because in ours, once a user attempts to connect to it, it will take priority over the preferred network until they manually select it. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MobileConfig profile - not enough access

I'm working on building a script to put into Self-Service that will allow users to generate a new wifi certificate. I want it to pull from the mobileconfig that I created, but I'm running into an access issue since our configuration profile grays out...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting computers from management

We have a lot of computers we'd like to remove from management, some of which are out of contact -- others not. We'd like to cause as little disturbance for these machines wherever they are as possible. This is probably a rather dumb question: If com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Downloads?

Hello everyone, I'm curious as to why my Adobe applications are failing on HTTP download, I'm currently testing the deployment of nine Adobe CC applications. It works fine when installed during imaging, individually in policies or using self service....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock down iOS devices

is there a way to remotely lock down a iOS devices with a different passcode??or does apple not approve this in the mdm features??? this would be a great feature!!  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors