Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Installer Certificate wont save?

Hey all -- Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before... Somehow our JSS reverted back to an old installer certificate we no longer use for the quick-add. When I try and upload our new one, I input the password, and upload at which point it l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP*** if you can. NETWORK SHARE MOUNT

Upgraded to v9.51 and 10.9.2-4 and all other drives mount when changes using WGM but the Network Home Share for the user doesn't mount. Would like to do this with no script involved also tried mounting manually and that worked. Any help would be grea...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Login Screen

Hi JAMF community I have a question about the login screen for FV2 I have been able to modify it with text etc but have not been able to get this to work on a Mavericks machine to get the FULLNAME option to come across, it still has the user icon, I ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 8 Update with Configurator

We're about to start updating our iPads to iOS 8. Started with 1 iPad cart, but noticed that Configurator would error when trying to apply the MDM profile that the iPads were not activated yet. All of the iPads were indeed already activated, and on t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export the Network Segments

We have about 180 network segments in our environment with more added constantly. Is there a way to export our current list of segments to compare against? I noticed the Subnet Importer plugin, but it despite the "export" button, it only imports from...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Inventory

How much bandwidth and/or system resources does running the update inventory policy take up? Are there concerns about the frequency you set? Does Casper have the ability to schedule hardware inventory and software inventory separately?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Level MCX not applying on 10.10 Yosemite

I've noticed that on Yosemite my user-level MCX preferences don't get pushed to all users. The computer level MCX seem to work fine. The odd thing is that the user-level MCX get pushed to our local admin account but any subsequent user that logs in w...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install root cert onto RHEL JDS?

How do I install my companies root CA as a trusted root cert on my RedHat JDS? I can enroll the JDS just fine to my Dev JSS, but all inventory reports from it come ask with a error: [luser@redhat ~]$ sudo jamfds inventory The SSL certificate is inval...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating New VPP Invitation

I originally created a VPP invitation using an LDAP group. Found some issues (adding users not in my site) to the invitation. After attending JAMF Conference I recreated a smart User group based on Users who invitation status is "not associated" and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to Wifi using Identity via command line

Hey JAMF Users, We use EAP-TLS to connect to our corp wifi network. Im trying to figure out how to connect to it via command line. MDM Wifi Certs - pushes the SCEP cert to the device to be set as the identity. This command will set the identity secur...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Programs

Is there a way to have programs only show up in Self Service if the program is not currently installed? Here is what I have tried so far: I created a smart group for computers that did not have Firefox. Made a policy for Firefox to be in the self ser...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Software Update Script does not log to JSS

Hi all, I have a custom software update script (using parts of a script posted here on jamfnation) that checks for available software updates and displays different dialogs depending on the types of updates (e.g. restart required, critical software u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service "Phantom" Notifications

Hey guys... Just wanted to see if anybody has experienced this. The Self Service app is always displaying three notifications (despite nothing actually there) - the only way I know if I legitimately have anything is if the counter exceeds 3. Anybody ...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Background

I'm new to Apple so detailed help would be appreciated. From what I read on the KB, it appears that Apple Configurator is the only option for deploying a customized Wallpaper and Lock Screen Background. Is this still the case? I would really love to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script help

Hi All, I have a policy that runs on logout that runs a script to delete all users except the local admin user. I thought this was working fine but I was told by some students that there work was still there when they logged back into the machine. I ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

createusrpkg not adding admin

In our 10.10 workflow we have our local admin created via the createusrpkg from the app store (or the github link). i've noticed that in 10.9 the local admin has admin rights, but in 10.10 it doesn't. anybody else run into that?  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to get check-in history

Hello, I am looking for a way to see the check-in history of a particular machine to the JSS. We are seeing machines failing to report to Casper for months at a time and then return. We speculate that some users are creating another partition on thei...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minnesota Local JAMF Nation

Hello Everyone, Some of us got together at JUNC2014 and thought it would be a great idea to create a group to be able to have local contacts, discussions and possibly get together monthly. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, tips or coo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Smart Group of Macs that have run a script?

OK, I've probably missed this somewhere, but I need to create a smart group based on the Macs that have run a script. There are 3 parts to this, 1 and 2 are complete. 1st policy deploy a folder and its contents to the Documents folder of an Admin acc...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Launch Sophos Cloud Installer

Sophos, in their infinite wisdom, is now distributing their installer for Sophos Cloud as an .app and not a .pkg. Installing, then updating, then capturing with Composer results in about a 250MB .pkg file and it's not as stable or clean as just runni...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL on Windows Server 2012 R2

Hey all, I have our JSS setup on a 2k12 R2 server and I want to know the best way to go about setting up SSL on it. I have tried the tomcat route and while the interface SSL is setup, the SSL cert pushed with the Configuration Profiles and Enrollment...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Static group functionality

Hi, could anyone advise on the following. Have computers that have not checked in to JSS for a long period of time and would like to apply the specific policy. Creating a smart group with a criteria "last check in more than x days" would not give any...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tidying up SUS and I get CLI errors

Hi, I am running the Ubuntu Netbook/SUS server. In this post - https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=11818, I asked about getting only the versions of software I needed. I have done that, but when I try and run sudo /var/lib/reposado...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Out of box experience for leaving students

At the end of the students time at our college, they are able to purchase their MBA for personal use.What is the easiest way of erasing their HDD of all the schools software and settings and having the Out of box experience for the students? Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors