Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Policies, Scripts & Order of Command Execution

What's consistent "Best Practice" for utilizing policies with scripts? Scripts that populate various fields work well when a policy has been configured to execute the tasks needed, but the time of execution poses a concern (i.e., after, before, at re...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AST Updates

Anyone out there a service provider that has any experience updating AST through Jamf? Were you able to get it to work? Any suggestions?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up Backgroud

I set the desktop background in managed preferences to our companies background at the user level at every login but it seemed to only work once. Is there a way to set it up so it does it everytime the user logs in?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

non-admin users able to disable filevault themselves??

so I got a notice today from the JSS saying that a user's machine had filevault disabled. I did not disable it, so i went to investigate.. the user said "oh yeah, this morning i was impatient waiting for my computer to boot, so i shut it off, and the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PARCC Testing User Creation

Hi all,So I've been working on setting up a new user specifically for the PARCC test and so far I'm hitting a few roadblocks.1. I made a policy to create the PARCC user2. I made a policy to set the PARCC user to auto login copying the kcpassword file...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and 2FA

Has anyone had to apply 2FA to their JSS authentication (presumably through a proxy because I do not believe the JSS supports it) to control access to the console? On a related note, is it possible to configure the JSS web console to run over a diffe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iWorks and iLife licensing for OS X and iOS

Hello nation, I have 5,000 iPads that I want to push iWorks/iLife to (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Garageband, iMovie). I've already requested the managed licenses through the Volume Purchase Program and have them showing up in my Casper web interface. I...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing Firefox Updates w/o Losing Bookmarks

Hello All, I'm in a bit of a predicament and seeking your advice. I would like to keep our environment of about 400 macs updated with Firefox as Mozilla releases updates. My goal is to update Firefox on each machine without losing everyone's personal...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash + MS Office updates

Hi, We are having difficulties with deploying Adobe Flash player update 16.0.0.305 and also MS Office updates. I have seen previous posts of copying the .app file from the Contents folder of the flash pkg and then launching that with a script however...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Network Mount

Right now it takes about 2 minutes to sign into a computer that is not on our internal network. The reason I think its taking that long is because its looking for an AD/OD/MDM server and is trying to mount the users network drive at login. Is there a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

External device tracking

Hi A a newbie this may be a daft question. Can Casper log if a USB drive has been attached to a mac, and if it can, can it then track what files are copied to or from the mac? Thanks John  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suit and the App store

Hi I manage around 100 macs with Casper Suite and I was wondering if theres any way to make it that people download install apps from Self service rather than the App store. Does anyone have a process in place for this? If I just run a script to dele...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to extract year over year statistics from JSS?

Hello, Management wants historical reports, i.e. year over year growth statistics for number of Mac computers, number of apps, and pkg deployments. Is there any easy way to extract such data from the JSS for specific timeframes, in this case year ove...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best method: Reporting specific machine info

We've been having some issues with various different things, and I have been wanting to start having the users logging specific values when a bug happens to them, Date/Time, IP, currently connected mac address, just useful tidbits. I was thinking a b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine running policy multiple times a minute

Macs in our environment are scheduled to check in every 30 minutes, but I have one that is running the same policy job 3-4 times a minute. I've temporarily disabled the policy to halt the flood, but how can I correct the check-in period on the proble...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory Binding Issue

Using a policy and a directory binding I am trying to enable authenticated directory bindings to Open Directory servers. On a test Mac I receive the following errors: Using SSL: Error: The binding was not successful: dsconfigldap verbose mode Using s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot, a JDS, and imaging on 9.64

Has anyone else had their imaging process all screwed up by 9.64? On 9.63 (JSS and JDS), I could netboot clients, image from the JDS, image over target mode, etc. I just updated to 9.64, and now imaging won't work at all. Casper Admin can mount the J...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors