Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup / Restore a profile in OS X

I am currently trying to figure out how to script a process, to create a backup of a user profile and restore it to a new system… The design of the application is as follows: The Backup portion of the script allows: Identify the computer name and cre...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS won't apply my update selections

I have the latest NetSUS 3.0.2. I check the updates I want to enable in our Production catalog. When I click Apply, the screen refreshes and those updates won't stick. It comes back to the screen with those updates unchecked. This just started happen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos at Login Kills all Software Policy installs

We have radius wifi and we turned on Use as a Login Window configurationUser uses their AD credentials at login window at the same time it authenticates them on the network - their credentials are then handed off as well to mount their home and share...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Choose different deployment servers for different sites

HiI have one jamf server and 2 deployment servers on 2 different sitesof course i want to configure self service so that it pulls the deployments from the deployment server of the corresponding siteis there any way that i can configure this ?Thanks i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

messages agent wants to use the login keychain

I'm getting a pop up saying "messages agent wants to use the login keychain" on a 10.10.2 NetBoot image I just made. This is in a root logon and the login keychain is unlocked for root In the login keychain there are several entries that may be causi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing JAMF Binary Updates

We recently (2 weeks ago) updated to 9.63 from 9.5. I noticed that maybe a quarter of the machines have not updated to the 9.63 binary. On top of that I noticed we have clients on 9.5, 9.32, 9.24, 9.2, and 9.12 even that are checking in regularly. Is...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching Policy from Bash Script

Hi, We've got a few printers in our organization that we initially put in Self Service that were installed by most of our employees. Recently, some settings needed to be changed for the printers, so that they would go through a network share instead ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do people block iOS apps?

With the new Outlook app being the security nightmare it is... I find myself wanting to block it. Seems like this isn't possible in Casper... is that a correct assumption? I've never needed to block an iOS app before. Would a config profile "poisonin...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remodeling Our Test Enviroment

Hey Guys, Rather than directly contacting a select group of folks to ask for their opinions and suggestions in the background, I thought I would ask this question out in the open as it could benefit many more. In the past I have tested my policies, p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10 - launchd no longer supports DEBUG_LOG

Not sure how many individuals actually use this with launchdaemons, but apple rewrote launchd process from the ground up with 10.10, and in the process I guess decided to leave out debugging. I have found some "workarounds" but I cannot say that they...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number of machines imaged

Hey Jamfnationers!! Does anyone know how to make a report that tells you how many machines were imaged and re-imaged a week? Thank you! Shawn  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock items

Would somebody be able to walk me through the process of creating a policy for Adding Dock Items for MS Office 2011 components, and removing the icons for Mail and System Preferences? I've read that dockutil is useful in this area, but I'd really rat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

General Maintenance Via JAMF

Hey all, Recently we have been toying with the idea of doing weekly "maintenance" work on the computers in our environment. This would involve forcing software updates (Especially the security updates) as well as app updates like (Flash, Java, etc) B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very odd issue

Under configuration profiles scope target can’t find any managed computer target but under policy scope target can!!!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil on 10.10.1 + 10.10.2

Hi All, Anyone else getting the following when trying to add items to the Dock with the latest Dockutil: /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist does not seem to be a home directory or a dock plist Started about a week ago... and I can't f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BGInfo / GeekTool on Yosemite

Has anyone been able to run Geek Tool or something similar on Yosemite (10.10.2)? Haven't been able to get this working, when trying to run the prefpane complains about a certificate. Trying to open a geeklet from the finder opens the app but then no...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX Disable Spaces - 10.7, 10.9 - Smarter Balance

For the Smarter Balance testing I am trying to disable spaces on numerous versions of the OS (trying it right now on 10.7.5 and 10.9). What I need to change is to uncheck the second "Mission Control" option in preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts. In jss ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow JSS Printer data refreshing

Happy Friday all, I have printers setup in Casper Computer Management and set to Policies for Self Service. I have two scopes printers unmapped and printers mapped, this way mapped printers have the option in Self Service to unmap & vice versa. But w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reverting to an earlier OS and Security Benchmarks

My understanding is that when Apple comes out with new hardware today that it ships with Yosemite and it's not possible to reimage it with an earlier version like Mavericks. I'm not sure about schools, but financial companies and government agencies ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite netboot works only on old computers...

Hi... we have just received new 21inch imac that comes with yosemite. Since those imacs couldn't boot off our old netboot mavericks, we had to create new netboot 10.10. Which we did. The funny thing is that now all our computers received 2014 and bef...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing The Wallpaper

We have been asked to lock down our users wallpaper. We locked the wallpaper down by placing a PNG in a folder in the /Library/FolderthatstoresPNG. Everyone has permissions to this folder. Then lock the wallpaper down with a config profile. BAM! wall...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile device enrollment issue

When a user within the company enrolls via the enrollment invitation I sent (SMS text), the 'Assign to user' field is already populated with 'jssadmin'. We do have a Standard User account 'jssadmin' (Not in LDAP) in jss but I don't understand why it ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

End user remote access possible?

I can remote in to any of the machines with Casper remote, but is there a way to allow the employees to access their Mac machine in the office when they are home (sick, blizzard, etc..) and need access to apps on their computer here.Before Capser we ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange profile S/MIME

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to enable S/MIME in an Exchange profile that is distributed via MDM (Casper). If I enable S/MIME in the profile it asks me to provide a certificate. Obviously I don’t want a different profile for every use...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Interaction - First Time User

Hi Everyone, Our Mac laptop users tend to ignore emails asking to update apps via Self Service. I just got the green light to enable User Interaction on laptops to ultimately force the installs. Before I do this I want to be SURE that it will work as...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors