Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Mac forget network Useraccount Passwords

Not really a Jamf problem, but maybe someone here knows something. For a few months now I have had the problem that some Macs just wont accept a users credentials after a few weeks or months. I have no idea what triggers this. One moment it works and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ventura Screensaver - picture slideshow

Does anyone has some working screensavers script that can be working on ventura. So in the script a folder is defined, that should make slideshowI used this one below, but it seems not anymore to work #!/bin/zsh # Get user logged into console and put...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unsigned package deployment

I want to deploy a .jpg file in a customized path on macOS, /Library/MyCompany/logo.jpg Now on my test mac I placed the .jpg on the mentioned path and using by composer I did drag and drop the entire path and built as .pkg. Now if I deploy it through...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Content Caching Woes

Hello all,We want to host caching servers in each site, and we've run into a few roadblocks in this area.The main one, is we want to tell the computers to only use the cache on the servers, and not cache locally. We could not find such an option.Anot...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat DC 23 install issues.

We have recently updated all our lab machines to the latest Adobe apps.Mostly everything has been ok, however we have had some machines the won't install Acrobat DC.The acrobat DC package has been installed on over 200 machines, so don't believe it's...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suddenly deleted e-mail addresses in Jamf Pro

Hi everyone,I am using Jamf Pro located on the cloud side and Azure integration is also done. This integration works well. As can be seen in the screenshot below a few days ago, the e-mail addresses of real persons belonging to the owners of MacOS de...  View more

husnudagidir_0-1681507127782.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF MDM ERROR: SentryCrashMachineContext.c (232)

Hello Jamf Nation, Wanted to bring awareness to this issue we've experienced with a few of our users. Each time, this issue happened on a M2 Macbook machine (one was a brand new one). I've been unable to find a solution to this issue with the excepti...  View more

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 9.45.41 AM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Cloud Vs Jamf On Prem

We are moving from on prem to Jamf Cloud soon and I would like some sort of infographic that shows the differences between the two and why we are moving. I've looked here and online but haven't found anything. Does such a thing exist? Thank you  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Struggling with PreStage Enrollment

I have my device configured using Apple Business Manager, when I reset the device with my custom PreStage Enrollment, I should be creating a local account during the setup where the user is a non-admin, however every time it runs through my account i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nudge JSON

Hello There,I am wondering if anyone having same issue that I am facing regarding Nudge. Somehow when I am launching it the Nudge window doesn't show Deferral dropdown box as it is suppose to, So user can't defer the app any shap or form and it stays...  View more

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 3.05.58 pm.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin elevation with Azure AD Credentials

Been searching around in integration, company portal, and azure documentation but the specific item I am trying to figure out is when it prompts for Admin elevation, is it possible to configure to use an Admin group from Azure AD to use Azure AD Admi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Falcon Sensor Licensing Issue

I was able to do the pre-requisite for Falcon, The install appears to be fine however the script to license doesn't appear to be working and i know why i use a script from the older version and i guess the structure has changed does anyone have the l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Captive Portal Issues

I am having an issue that I think is somehow related to Safari and our proxy. We have had several reports of users traveling off-network and having issues with captive portals. The Captive Network Assistant.app window appears but it's blank and says:...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Icons/shortcuts on ipad

Hello,I am dealing with this issue where a user has these icons on their managed iPad. I am not sure if they are apps or shortcuts but nothing happens when I tap on them. Anyone have an idea of what they are and how I can remove them without having t...  View more

unknown icons.jpg
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ventura 13.3.1 setup issues

So here's something weird - I have a Mac running 13.3, it enrolls just fine - get through the setup screens and to the desktop and DEPNotify launches, and my policies run. I upgrade to 13.3.1, erase and reinstall because I'm testing...and the machine...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Difficulties with Jamf Pro API authorisation

Hi,I am currently trying to use the Jamf Pro API to run software updates on our Mac environment. I did some testing a few weeks earlier and was able to successfully update a single mac using the API command. Recently I have tried to update a whole ro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-House App not updating

Hi all, I have an In-House iOS app that we built ourself and where we upload the IPA file to jamf pro and send it out to our iPads. For some iPads, the app does not get updated however if a new one arrives. It seems that jamf pro is fully aware that ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Downloads Failing over Wi-Fi

Hi Everyone,I have recently come into a problem with users trying to install applications through MAC self service over Wi-Fi. For some reason, when users go to install an application over Wi-Fi in MAC Self Service, they get an error message. (The us...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro on prem CI/CD integration

Hello there, does anyone have experience integrating CI/CD tools with Jamf Pro on prem? Thinking of tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket etc. Specifically looking to establish if it is even possible to interface between Jamf and the CI/CD application, and i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RedSky MyE911

Anyone deployed RedSky MyE911 with JAMF? RedSky E911 is a cloud-based emergency call routing service that helps organizations comply with E911 regulations Kari's Law and RAY BAUM'S Act. Both are separate pieces of legislation that were passed in the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Redsky MyE911

Anyone deployed RedSky MyE911 with JAMF? RedSky E911 is a cloud-based emergency call routing service that helps organizations comply with E911 regulations Kari's Law and RAY BAUM'S Act. Both are separate pieces of legislation that were passed in the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install MDM profile via API?

Is it possible to use the API to install a configuration profile on to a device? We have a network profile that has to be manually installed by our techs as they're setting up the machines. If I can run a policy that has a script that runs an API cal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors