Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

Error unsigned Parallels autodeploy

Hi,I downloaded the latest Autodeploy PKG form Parallels and made the changes in the config file and aded a Windows VM as described in the Admin manual. After Deloyment I get on the client the Error"Parallels Desktop Autodeploy.pkg" could not be open...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Built-in iOS apps (iOS 14)

(Jamf Pro 10.41) This is the first I've had to manage any mobile device as the company usually puts them in InTune. But these users need more gradual control as the'll be using the phones mostly as cameras. But they're not going to be exclusively jus...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Certs Besides for Jamf Pro?

Hi everyone, I was looking at the various Jamf training & certs, and the X00 certs are geared for Jamf Pro, and the X70 certs are mainly security/Jamf Protect. Are there any training/certs for Jamf School or Connect?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set name from iMac M1 based on color

A customer of ours had an interesting question; they want to rename their Macs based on the color of the iMac. e.g "iMac Blue SerialNumber".I can't seem to find any place where the color is referenced. In network sharing and in the about this Mac scr...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Extension Blocked alert is not prompted.

I have installed Ivanti client and connected to it, I am using a PSAM feature. To use this I need to get a system extension blocked for the SAM. And I need to allow it on the Security & Privacy section. Issue: I am not getting this prompt nor appeare...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking files for strings within files

Hi Community,I had an idea to solve a problem I'm facing but wanted to know if Jamf Pro could encounter an issues with this idea. Problem: users in our environment have been saving confidential information in specific location. Given the nature of th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New users outside the USA

We may be getting some new users joining from outside the USA. We are using JAMF Pro. I am guessing it will work OK in other countries, but looking for any sage advise from others who may be going this route.For example - we are about 80% zero touch ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid password for supervision identity

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. I have created a Supervision Identity in JAMF Pro. But when I try to add it to my keychain, the password I provide is invalid. I've deleted and recreated the identity many times. Any idea what is going on?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Policy Category not updating

Since the new version of JAMF Pro has been released we are having issues with categories.2 main issues:When we create a new policy the policy does not display correctly in self-service - shows fine in Admin UIUpdating an existing policy with differen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to merge/override favourites not working

Hi all, We have this script in place to merge or override favourite servers on our clients;#!/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python # change the above path to your own python if you don't have Munki installed """ Merges add_serv...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SelfService Login is not working - Just a white screen

Hey allcurrently we have the problem that some users can no longer log in to SelfService.We have turned off our LDAP server and switched everything to Azure AD with SSO.We have also changed the configuration so that a login does not have to be requir...  View more

Chrob_0-1680684122736.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer skipping user creation setup?

What would cause a brand new computer to skip user creation right after an internet network is chosen? We have a few recent computers that went out and some of the computers in that shipment, seemingly upon choosing a network, enrolls the computer an...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change the 'managed by' company

Hey there - this is really doing my head in and is probably something that can be resolved in about two minutes. Where do you change the 'managed by ""company name"" ' for devices enrolled in Jamf Pro? I have looked in every setting, everywhere and c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating JAMF administrative task

Hello all, I've been assigned to look into if it's possible to create and automate the following repetitive task, which connects to JAMF, it would need to be able to create a user account, add the new user into a Static group or building or departmen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure LDAP stopped working

We've been using LDAPS for some time without issue. It recently stopped working sometime over spring break when not in regular use. SSL certificate had expired on 03/30, so the new/current SSL certificate was uploaded but the issue is still not resol...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin needed for macOS Ventura Updates

Hello Jamf Nation, Most of our users are a standard user on their mac. We've had a subset of users upgrade from Monterey to Ventura already and within that subset of users, there are a few who are being prompted for administrative credentials to proc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Terminal to update or delete other applications

Hi all,Has anyone figured out how to allow Terminal to update or delete other applications (see screenshot) using Jamf Pro? I recently noticed this needed permission when deploying a bash script to update the Egnyte Desktop Core app with Jamf Pro. I ...  View more

4-3-23 at 2.45PM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Table preferences have been saved notification

Is there a way to suppress this notification in Patch Management of Jamf Pro?I've noticed this since the new UI update, but haven't gotten around to asking about it until now.It gets in the way of pressing the edit or save button in the bottom right ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

First iPhone enrolled, user wants data and contacts

On Friday I had my first new iPhone enroll in Jamf Pro. Friday night the user contacted me saying when he tries to restore his data from iCloud it wipes his phone but then it re-enrolls in Jamf Pro. Everything I have researched says restoring from iC...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Policies and Enrollment in Older MACs

Hi Everyone,We are currently having problems with trying to re-enroll older MAC computers using Mojave. We take the computers out of JAMF and Pre- Stage enrollments. We re-enroll the computers, but the policies get stuck. The computers show up in JAM...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed to authenticate during patching

I currently manage about 30 macs and around 40% of them fail to update with this Failed to Authenticate message. They successfully download the update from Apple so I am unsure of where its trying to authenticate to to install the update. I'm a purel...  View more

Capture.PNG
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf.app is damaged and cannot be opened

Noticed this message on one of my pilot machines today. I had to reinstall the framework via the API. Anyone seen this on version 10.44.1 or 10.45.0 of Jamf Cloud? User is running macOS Ventura 13.2.  View more

bwoods_0-1680533330801.png
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors