Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Updating macOS with Jamf

We have a few labs with Ventura 13.1 installed and need to update to 13.2. Is there a solution that works that does not require signing into each system, passing credentials through jamf policies to the endpoint, or using a script needing api access ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disable "Find My Mac" NOT working in macOS Ventura

Hello, I had a config profile in place to disable Find My Mac in all company Macs. This was working as the option was greyed out for all users. With the release of macOS Ventura, this is no longer working and the option is not longer greyed out, and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding devices for Lab setup

Hoping to get some assistance on an issue I am having. We have a few iMacs that are setup for lab usage (Higher Education). The devices are binded to AD and confirmed. Login is successful. The issue I am having is some students will walk away from th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive File Stream Link to Dock

Hello, So I am currently configuring these macs for students and staff. I thought when I first installed Google Drive for the Mac it had the Google Drive folder mapped as /Volumes/GoogleDrive. However then it changed it's now set to the "/Users/[user...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Avid NEXIS client manager PPPC

Hi,Does anyone here have any experience in the distribution of Avid NEXIS Client Manager using Jamf Pro? Distributing the package is no problem but after the application launches it immediately closes again. Probably because of some PPPC settings but...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application won’t open in Ventura

I’ve pushed the policy to Monterey and Ventura machines but application won’t launch in Ventura due to it being an unidentified developer.Even when I upgraded the Monterey machine to Ventura, it runs into the same issue.How can make it so that it’s a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ventura macOS Recovery Assistant

hello all;I've noticed on the Recovery Assistant now when we don't know the password to the local account, it doesn't take us to the recovery with the key but instead, needs Apple ID after the "Forgot all password?"If anyone else notices that, and wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Bootstrap Token Error 500

Hey All!I'm trying to remove the Bootstrap Token from the computer and the mdm server, I keep getting and error message tho.I'm using command line: sudo profiles remove -type bootstraptokenI've tried on an intel Mac running 13.1 & on an M1 Mac runnin...  View more

Image 2-8-23 at 4.52 PM.jpg
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question regarding application smart groups

This might be a little long, but I'm trying figure a faster way of deploying our monthly patching apps. We currently use 2 smart groups, one listed as members that is using the Patch Reporting Application and set it to Latest version. The second grou...  View more

SMR1_0-1675885368443.png SMR1_1-1675885368445.png SMR1_2-1675885368446.png SMR1_3-1675885448393.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog Install Failures

Hey everyone,Having an issue with jamf app catalog installations. Some machines just seem to randomly not want to install the app. These machines are very similar, it's a computer lab, but one machine will install successfully and its neighbor will f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Script to Unenroll macs from jamf

Is there an API script that will un-enroll macs from jamf pro? Similar to web Management Commands of "remove mdm profile". I don't need the mac to be deleted from jamf entirely.I want to use the API so that jamf itself sends the MDM command to uninst...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change server name for Jamf Admin

Hello,Does anyone know how to change the server name for Jamf Admin? I've tried holding down the option key while launching the app, deleting com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist file in /Library/Prefrences/, and running 'sudo tccutil reset All com.jamfsoftw...  View more

CleanShot 2023-02-08 at 12.44.23@2x.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos CBR bundle

Good day, all. I'm attempting to resolve an issue with Jamf Pro and install Sophos (Cloud) in our MacBook environment. We had a working Configuration Profile and a Policy in place at one time. For some unknown reason, the job fails with exit code 1 b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec DLP 15.8 MP2 & SEHA.app

I'm trying to deploy Symantec DLP MP2 (tried MP2, HF1 and HF2) on macOS 11+ and can't seem to get the SEHA app to work. It always shows with a no access symbol on the icon and says it's not compatible. A google search showed that I needed to include ...  View more

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 9.54.52 AM (1).jpg
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to run 12.6.3 from software updates

Just curious if anybody has seen this. I've tried this at work and on my home wifi. When I go to run the 12.6.3 update, I'll get the network error. I'll try it 2 more times and then the update just goes away, but it eventually shows back up. This is ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Catalog

Hi All, Currently updating applications across our fleet using JAMF catalog and noticed with larger files it installs all at once causing a spike in the network Is there a way to delay updates for each device to reduce the spikes we have noticed on t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wacom PPPC profiles in 2023

So in a lab setting where students share computers is there a way to automatically allow Wacom tablets in 2023?Not sure why this is so difficult. Is allowing it and getting the user to approve the only way? Really annoying that when the user signs in...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add file path to Firewall Payload

Our ediscovery team has us pushing out an agent. After the install, we see a prompt to allow the agent svc to allow incoming connections. We are force enabling the Firewall with the Firewall payload in a configuration profile. I know I can add Applic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lansweeper Agent (LsAgent-osx.dmg)

Hello,Does anyone have a working method to install LsAgent-osx.dmg on computers with Jamf Pro and configure it with an agentkey? With no luck, I have tried making packages, scripts, and numerous other things, including Installomator. The only time th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes for SSHD

Hi all,I will like the help some help in getting Extension Attributes up to grep SSHD. /bin/launchctl print-disabled system | grep sshd com.openssh.sshd => true Sorry that scripting is new to me.So the True or False. Please help.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having a bug in user-initiated enrollment

Hello folks,Newer Jamf Pro user here. We've got about 230 devices enrolled, 98% of which are existing machines from the field (mostly remote) that we're using user-initiated enrollment for. We're doing pretty basic stuff, installing a few apps, issui...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors