Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Parallels Desktop for Mac v10 Deployment?

It appears Parallels has moved to using a custom installer application that doesn't appear to have any parameters to perform a silent install via policy. Has anyone worked on this issue yet? I see no KB articles on their site that offer any solution....  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.4 Search Computers bug

I recently upgraded to 9.4. One of the more annoying problems is when you search computers and put in a partial name. For example, "A103" to show a list of computers that have "A103" in the name, like A103A1, and so on. Casper reports 'No results fou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Netsus appliance and casper net install creator

I have installed the netsus appliance in or VM environment and added the smb Distro point to the jss.Created an image NBI folder via casper netimage installer and copied it to the smb share. l then netbooted and logged in with a jss admin account to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad deployment pro tips?

Just curious how everyone with a 1:1 program is setting up Casper. Do you create static groups by grade level? How are you making use of departments? With 9.4 and categories are you grouping apps in a special way? We are just in a pilot year right no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP APP Deployment Issues

We are having issues with the deployment of Apps to our users. The assignment of the apps is showing up, but the actual download process on the ipads is VERY delayed or may not happen at all. This happens whether we have the ipads on the school netwo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

HomeDirectory Sync Error

While syncing the home directories we are getting the following error message.{There is a problem syncing the file "file.txt"You do not have permission to sync this file. You can check your permissions in the Info panel in the Finder.}However, at the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling Students into new VPP program

Every student here has a school email account, and some use that for the Apple Store, and some/most do not. I am trying to invite students to use VPP, and need to be able to send this email invite to their school email address, and when they click on...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HostName differs from LocalHostName/ComputerName

So we are 1-1 Macbook Airs from 5-12. We attempted to use LAN School last year but had huge issues with computers not showing up in the teachers class lists. I have figured out the reason this was happening, but need some help in finding a way to eff...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing JSS in DMZ

I currently have a JSS built on my internal network. I'm in the process of getting one built for my DMZ. I only want the DMZ JSS to "check in" with machines when they are out in the wild. Do i need to install MySQL and everything as I did when i setu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign to user taking long

Once on the "Assign to user" page of enrollment, i'll enter in the AD User ID i wish to assign to and click the search button. I've noticed that it takes several minutes to come back with a checkmark. I was thinking this could just be the JSS taking ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

I have a confession: I spend way too much time in my MDM and WiFi dashboard. I love to poke around and see what knobs I can turn learn more about how the pipes are connected. One of the things that I heard was the "secret sauce" of the Casper Suite w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash 14 Deploying to Clients

I just downloaded the Adobe Distribution license for Flash. I went to the download link provided by Adobe and downloaded install_flash_player_14_osx_pkg.dmg which says it is the version for System Administrators. There is another version... not label...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which Tool to use to create a NetInstall Image?

Can someone explain the pro's/con's of using each of these tools? I've never used any of them, but have seen various posts recommending the use of each: Apple System Image UtilityCasper NetInstall CreatorCasper NetBoot Automator Action If relevant, a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ignore Ownership on this Volume - Composer Behavior

While creating OSX dmg in Composer does Composer take-off the subject check from the Volumes. For instance, if we are using "Macintosh HD" image to create an OSX image then would Composer take-off the "Ignore Ownership on this Volume" check from the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populate computer asset tag with csv file

Hi, I have a csv file like that: serial_number;asset_tag I want to update the asset tag for computers with mysql queries. I can't find where is stored the computer serial number in the db.I found there is a table computers_denormalized, so I updated ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who can unlock a FileVault Encrypted Drive

Excuse my ignorance… I have a pilot group for FileVault on some Mavericks MacBooks. I have a couple of questions. I apparently mistakenly understood that only pre-ordained users could unlock a FileVault encrypted drive. In testing, I find that even a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS 9.4 on RHEL 6.5

JDS 9.32 had an issue where it assumed that your ethernet port was eth0 even if that was not configured or active. Looks like that is fixed in JDS 9.4. Great Job JAMF Software.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vancouver JAMF User Group

Hey All, Haven't seen much traction on if people want to attend. I'm co-hosting this with my colleague in Denver. Feel free to sign up and meet some other admins in the vancouver area.Light refreshments will be provided.- RD  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Inventory updates not happening

I have a number of devices that are not getting inventories pulled every night. When I do a blank push or inventory update to a specific iPad, it just sits there in pending and never resolves. I'm still new at Casper so I'm not sure what to troublesh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX, Configuration Profiles and Login Scripts

Hi all, I am currently working on getting my login scripts working via a configuration profile. I am using Casper 9.32 and only bind to Active Directory. Workgroup manager and Caspers Configuration Profile for 'Loginwindow" under "scripts" says the f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forced Password Renewal blocks Screensaver

HiI have setup a profile that forces the user to change his local account password every 30 days. This works perfectly fine except for the situation where the machine is in Screensaver in the moment the password change request is initiated. When this...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Root JDS replication

Is it possible to defer packages when replicating to the root JDS? We have some big packages and do not want these to replicate during the day. It would be nice if you did not have to do a full replication at one time. We ran into an issue with our r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors