Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Admin upload for large packages fails

Anyone having issues uploading large file to Casper Admin? We use JDS as our distribution platform, when uploading the Mavericks installer it fails with an error 500, which I can't find any details of, also logs look ok. Any ideas? I did find about m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging with auto run not enrolling

Running Casper 9.21 Imaging machines with auto run data results in the enrollment field in the JSS to be blank, in addition the enrollment triggers don't get triggered. If we run the exact same imaging steps without auto run, enrollment is completed ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS + Ubuntu Linux + NFS File Share

I have an Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS server running jamfds 9.22 I followed the JSS Installer and Configuration Guide for Linux 9.2 PDF file and performed the following steps: Installing a JDS Instance on LinuxTo obtain the JDS Installer for Linux, log in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.x Open the Printer Preference Pane

I would like to allow standard users to add new printers using the system preferences > Print and Scan preference pane. In 10.7 I was able to open up the pref pane using...sudo dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local/Default -u ADMINNAME -P ADMINPASSWORD -a "D...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Spaces/Mission Control for Network Users

Our school district is piloting the Smarter Balance assessment this spring. One requirement of the testing is that Mission Control/Spaces is disabled. Through the GUI, you do this by going to System Preferences-Keyboard-Shortcuts and unchecking the b...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent Installation of Safari Plug-ins

It's pretty simple for a standard user to install plug-ins for themselves, but there might be situations when installing a needed plugin for all users might be more desirable, if only to eliminate a few calls to support. I recently worked this proble...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Startup Hang on Initializing Change Management

We added our SSL through the JSS Console and restarted Tomcat as it stated. After restarting Tomcat it will not advance past the Initializing Change Management page. I have tried restarting the server as well as trying to fix the mysql database if th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCal subscribe to calendar unattended

I'm wondering if anyone has done or has ideas on subscribing to a Public iCloud calendar, unattended. We have a lab running Mountain Lion and want to use Calendar/iCal to subscribe to 4 calendars. Using something like Composer to capture the changes ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error adding AD Server (Could not find user)

Hello, When adding my LDAP server I am getting a "could not find user" error message. I also inspected the JSS log called "JAMFSoftwareServer.log" that lives on the JSS. Here is the error that gets written to that log when I get the "could not find u...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modified Chrome for JSS

Hey everyone! I am not too sure if this can be done but I am looking for a way I could block the Chrome Web Store within the browser then package Chrome for Self Service. My students have been finding more and more ways to make my days very long and ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to kill process before re-installing app

Hi guys, I am pretty new with scripting and really don't have an idea how to solve my problem. And as I learned from JNUC '13 - never script alone :) Hope you can help! Unfortunately I have some Apps running with the wrong permissions, meaning kids c...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA to collect ethernet adapter MAC address

For JSS 8.x-- Has anyone already developed EA's to collect ethernet adapter MAC addresses? I'm not convinced all my client and support staff are giving me this information so that I can add them to the removable address list.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cant Netboot (NETSUS) MBPr 2013

Hi I have attempted to create a Netboot image of the latest Retina MacBook Pro for use with our internal NETSUS server.I have uploaded the set but am unable to boot up from it, even with the same MBPr I created it from. Iv'e used the latest version o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs in AD

Hi, I'm in the process of integrating some Macs into our predominately Windows(AD) environment. For some reason, the HPC guys decided that they'd set upan LDAP server of their own when they set up their Linux-based systemsrather than work to get Unix...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Epson Printer Drivers wiping printer list until restart

We're having a strange deployment issue where Epson Drivers installed from Self Service are looking to install properly in the policy logs, but temporarily wiping the printers in System Preferences until the computer is restarted. We're on Casper 9.2...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Server 3.0 is now available

We have put out a new version of the NetSUS Server. The source has been updated on GitHub and it is also available as both an OVA and an installer. Added features: Support for Cent OS 6.4 and later Support for RedHat 6.4 and later Updated for the 10....  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for VPN software

I have a new macbook pro, running maverick. I looking for a VPN software that will let me connect to our casper network away from the district. Our IT person doesn't want to point the URL out. I'm in a school that doesn't allow our devices out of the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using data in JSS within scripts

How does one go about calling data from the JSS for use in BASH scripts? For example, I have the following code: /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n $username -h /Users/$username -S -v For $usernam...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors