Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

802.1x Wireless Login Window Profile

I'm trying to create a login window profile for wirelessly authenticating to our wireless network. I have all of our network settings set correctly and I have set it to login window, but the login window attribute does not seem to be applying. The ma...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook for MAC

Sorry for being in the wrong forum. I just want to ask anyone who has encountered "The time zone setting for your computer has changed. Would you like to update the time zone setting for Outlook" pop up, asking you to update your time zone or not eve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Patches

Whats the best way to use Casper 9 and do OS patching? On the PC side we bundle patches once a month and deploy, but on Mac's we tend to just let them go down to the box as they come out. I don't really want to setup yet another patch management app ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display Adv. Search Results w/o Search

Here's a little app I cooked up some time ago. If you routinely deal with folks who don't want to click 3-4 times to find out how many members exist in an advanced search, this might be of help. This is a "stub" app of something larger to come... Not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking for tables to rename...

Hello, Our JSS ran out of space over the weekend. I've cleared some old log files and rebooted. Now the JSS is stuck at " Checking for tables to rename..." I figured before opening a support ticket, I'd check here to see if there was something quick ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX integration on JSS 9.2

I have followed the setup instructions for connecting our JSS server to apples GSX resources.I am using an account set up as a Manager.That account also has access to Web Services.I have populated all the needed fields on the JSS.When I run the JSS t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add SMB Network Share To Dock

Under configuration profiles I tried to add a dock item pointing to an SMB share (smb://servername/sharename) but I just get a big question mark in the dock. What is the best way to add a network share to the dock? I know I can add a network mount as...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring a NetSus OVA

Hello: Curious to know what's considered best practice for monitoring NetSus software appliances (Ubuntu OVA). Web page checking? SNMP traps? BEM web checks? Syslog probes? Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge two text files but only diferences

I am attempting to make a script that will sync Illustrator custom dictionaries. The user will run this via Self Service when they make edits or want to make sure they are current. Here is the script #!/bin/sh #Sync User Dictionaries for Illustrator ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate Data From Old Mac to new Jamf Managed devices

I am look for any recommendation for migrating data from old mac to new mac that can be customized for End users. We don't want the users to move apps or setting just data. We look at migration asst. but doesn't meet the job. Look to maybe leverage R...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows JSS not detecting Java

Fellow JAMFers, I have been trying to update my external JSS from v9.12 - 9.22 and am having some trouble. I was able to update the internal(Master) to v9.22 with no problems, everything worked just like all the updates in the past have. Once I tried...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laptop stuck in loop after Remote Lock

We had a macbook pro go missing so I pushed out a remote lock. We later recovered the laptop (about a week after), and the laptop prompted me to enter the 6 digit security code. I entered the code and the laptop went to the Apple logo with a grey pro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network file serving advice

I've just been charged with designing a mac service for our College and wondered what you guys did with regard to hosting home directories on a network file server, or is that not recommended? We're quite a large Windows shop already and each new res...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installer Caching

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues caching installers with Casper. Our setup is as follows; JSS is 8.73 running on Mac Mini with Mac OS 10.7.5 Server with a Promise Pegasus thunderbolt array acting as the distribution point. The wor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Packages Fail to Download

Hello JAMFnation! JSS: 9.21Master DP: OS X 10.8.5 with Server.app I've created a few packages for Adobe app installs with Creative Cloud Packager. All have been uploaded via Casper Admin. Issue is, I get this error whenever I do anything with them: F...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Bindings... An error occurred binding to Active Directory: dsconfigad: The plugin encountered an error processing request. (10001).

in settings>computer management>Directory Bindings I filled in all our AD info created a policy to distribute to all computers recurring checkin + Ongoing fails: log = similar to this: Mon Dec 10 15:12:27 cr-imac102874 jamf[239]: An error occurred bi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Distro of Copiers and Drivers

We have 20 new Sharp copiers en route for delivery, days ahead of when they were regularly scheduled so of course I'm a little behind in deployment plans. We'll be rolling out the new copiers via Self Service of course to about 1500 clients. Question...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles - Mobility Payload

I've posted about creating mobility configuration profiles before. My initial problem was trying to figure out how to create them. I was missing the fact that you need to create a "user" level profile and not a machine profile. After figuring out tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update Timed Installs

Hey all:In our institution we use Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to install Windows updates on desktop computers. With our Staff systems, we make updates available at a specific time and the staff can defer the updates for up to...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues using policy with mount AFP script

We have the following script running under a policy at startup and it works great. #!/bin/bashecho "username attempting to mount a share" # Mount sharesudo -u username /usr/sbin/jamf mount -server servername -share sharename -type afp -username usern...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Whitelisting apps for iOS

Is there a way to whitelist certain apps that would otherwise be denied by app age limit restrictions by a profile? Using Casper 9.22 and mainly forcing users to still use iOS6. We are using profiles to deny apps that are 17+, but I need a flash base...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please help with simple if file exist script.

I am trying to create an extension attribute that will report weather the proxy plugin "hola" has been installed on google chrome. The hola plugin installs files into the current logged in user's profile so I thought maybe some scripting that looked ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does a IOS restore kill the IOS Supervision profile

Had the guy who provisions our devices call and say a user restored his phone andd it wiped all the profiles including the Supervision Profile . Is this the case, I thought a supervised device was just that a supervised device and even with a restore...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors