Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Redirecting ~/Library to a network share.

Anyone have best practices for redirecting the ~/Library folder to a network share for Mac OS End-users? I have an Educator that insists that this happens. With a script run at first login, we can easily achieve the redirection of the Library folder ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch User Not Showing Up

Hi,We have a local admin account which is hidden upon enrollment. Before we used to get the option to "switch user" and login to that. For some reason, for the past month we are only getting that option on some laptops. Is this due to some sort of OS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmanaging macOS devices through API

Hi folks, struggling to find an answer for this.We have a number of machines unable to run Big Sur, so I wish to deploy a script on all of these devices that remove these devices from support. I've achieved similar in the past where I can actually re...  View more

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 15.39.47.png Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 16.05.54.png
  • 47 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cannot Enter Pin For Locked MacBook

We typically use Jamf to send a lock command to our MacBooks on. We have one MacBook that has the "Incorrect PIN entered too many times. Please try again in x minutes" where x = 24,321,071.Does anyone know of a way to get past this besides waiting 46...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x certs not renewing

Almost a year ago we implemented 802.1x wifi authentication NOT using Active Directory certs. The certificates all issue properly and work just fine with our WiFi authentication.After we deployed the profiles and issued certs, I made sure this was se...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple machines not checking in

I've read multiple posts here about machines not checking in with the JSS anymore.We have multiple machines that are not checking in anymore with our cloud JSS.I've tried many things written in previous posts. These are the commands I've tried and th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with SSO via Azure

I'm currently experiencing an issue with SSO via Azure. After configuring the connection as described here: Tutorialwe have the following situation:- Logon via the "Test connection"-Button from inside the AAD Application Configuration works as expect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Usage Smart Group

Hey Guys,is there a way to build a smart group for "not used" Apps in the last (maybe) 10 days?We want to shorten our Browser List and remove Firefox, but first to all Devices that don't use Firefox.I checked the box for "Collect Application Usage" a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro ( on premise) and intune Integration issues

Hi AllI am facing challenges in setting up conditional access for JAMF Pro on premise instance with intune as we are seeing following error. Could not retrieve the access token for Microsoft Graph API. Check the configuration for macOS Intune Integra...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Git patching

Hi all, Our Qualys console recently started reporting on Git related vulnerability - CVE-2022-41903Vulnerable git version detected on our assets: git version 2.37.1 (Apple Git-137.1)This is the native Git version that comes bundled with the OS. Apple...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Unable To Execute after 12.6.2 Upgrade

We had a script, triggered by a LaunchDaemon, that ran just fine under 12.6, but since updating to 12.6.2, it now spits out the dreaded "unable to execute" "Operation not permitted" error.The script is not anything exceptional, it reads some data fro...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting the Wallpaper - Script Error

Hello, So I am trying to get the wallpaper login policy to set the wallpaper, it works on one of my test machines Mac Book Air that running a M1 chip but the iMac that I have thats running a intel i5 chip is not handling the osascript. It errors with...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installomator Error

Hello,I am very new to JAMF and have an issue with Installomator, I am trying to use it to install several apps. I have created smart groups for each app one that will see if the package is up to date or not installed and another for the members of t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues removing Phone icon

Hi All, I am trying to remove the phone icon and nothing is working. This device does not have a SIM card, it uses Wifi only. I have tried adding it to a Restrictions profile where I am removing all other system apps and it's the only icon that is no...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to allow unidentified apps using JAMF Pro

Hi EveryoneI am facing issues with Pulse Secure in macOS Ventura. Hostchecker.app is blocked by macOS as it is not from an identified developer. Any Idea how this can be allowed as this is causing SAML authentications to fail.Message in system Settin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.3 RU6

Hi all,Just seeing if anyone can help with this, we've gone from Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.3 RU3 to RU6 and upgraded our Mac estate to Ventura at the same time. These work fine but when trying to setup a new Mac or a re-formatted Mac and instal...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog Install Failures

Hey everyone,Having an issue with jamf app catalog installations. Some machines just seem to randomly not want to install the app. These machines are very similar, it's a computer lab, but one machine will install successfully and its neighbor will f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Company Portal - Internal Server Issue

Having some issues with Company portal registration and receiving a generic error message which has no proper logs to dive into unfortunately. Deploying company portal via mac apps and targetting all managed clients Afterwards I created a smart group...  View more

xEpicFail_O_o_0-1674772892639.png xEpicFail_O_o_1-1674772946389.png xEpicFail_O_o_2-1674773026680.png xEpicFail_O_o_3-1674773049785.png
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 16.3 seems to require 2FA to backup

I have just updated a student's iPad to 16.3, then tried to backup to iCloud. Since the update, it has defaulted iCloud backup and many of the iCloud toggles to off. when you try and switch them on, it says an error has occurred. reading online, it s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Microsoft Auto Update

My company currently blocks Microsoft Auto Update via Restricted Software tab in JAMF Pro. I've been tasked with finding a way to create an exception so that Defender gets updated on all of our macs while MS auto update is still in place. Has anyone ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

M2 MacBook Airs restarting in the middle on enrollment

We have a few hundred MacBook Airs that we're going to be deploy in the next couple weeks. On our test ones, during setup, after the MacBooks get all the settings, profiles, etc. from Jamf, the MacBooks restart without warning and never finish setup ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Apple Sidecar

Hi AllMy problem is, I have restricted to "Only some Apps allowed", this works great, there is only one problem.I dont find how to allow Apple Sidecar on iPads.Please help me,thank you!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors