Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

How to connecting Google app scripts to Jamf

Can I have some help, please? I am using the google apps script and I wanted our URL for JAMF we wanted to connect with our username and password so we can auth to JAMF to help us get the data into the Google app script. I wanted to get some data fro...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey: Mac Restarts After Pre-Stage Enrollment

For some odd reason on M1's & Intel Macs especially on Monterey, when the machine is going through Pre-stage enrollment the machine just shiuts downWhen enrollment reaches "Applying Settings" it either shuts down or reboots. Both on Intel and M1.I ha...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NVivo asking for Full Disk access on M1 Machines

Hi,I'm seeing an issue with NVivo 20.7.0 and even the previous version that I packaged - 20.6.2. The issue is that when I try and start NVivo it says:NVivo needs permission to access data on your computer before it can run.Click the button below to o...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.13.00 am.png
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to rename Mac fails with error

Greetings and salutations! I have a script that displays a prompt to rename the Mac during provisioning to my org's naming convention. It was working until relatively recently and the policy logs show it fails with "Script result: 69:189: execution e...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent a specific ios app from being deleted

Hi!Our middle schoolers are 1 to 1 w/ iPads and are able to add apps from Self Service and delete apps not needed. This helps them to self-manage free space on their devicesIs there a way using an app configuration to prevent deletion of one specific...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service button spins while script is running

I am putting together a simple script that will allow a user, when added to the appropriate scope, to have access to a button on self-service that will promote the user to a local admin for a preset number of minutes, Say 15 minutes. Then after the 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black 3.7.2 Sensor

I am installing the new Carbon Black Sensor and out of three machines, 2 did not get installed and I cannot figure out why. The policy does show installed and completed with no errors. I am using system ext mode as all three machines are running Mont...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ABM/ASM Release OR Un-assign Prior Repairs?

We have just over 1,000 iPhones in Jamf for our staff. Our staff are responsible for repairs themselves by contacting Apple directly. We have experienced some very confusing and convoluted issues with Apple in this regard, and I'm still unclear how t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Xcode to users Macs

How are you getting the latest version of Xcode deployed to users Macs?It's too big to package and put on Jamf and users don't want to spend the time downloading it until forced by Infosec.Thanks.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Cylance 3.0 in Prestage

Hello All. I am a relatively new admin, thanks for your time and please redirect me if this topic has been covered before. I will try and be as thorough as possible. I am attempting to deploy Cylance Protect 3.0.1 using Jamf Pro to new M2 Macbooks. F...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.31.54 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 10.15.04 AM.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Policy Progress with swiftDialog

Learn how to provide your users more detailed feedback for standard Jamf Pro Self Service policies with a proof-of-concept script from Bart Reardon, the creator of swiftDialogBackgroundEarlier this week on the MacAdmin’s #swiftdialog channel, Drew Di...  View more

Self Service Policy Progress with swiftDialog (cropped).png
  • 2 replies
  • 9 kudos

Lab power policy

Hi AllWe currently have the wrong power setting in our labs. I want the machines to always be on which I think I have working with a config profile.However our machines are set lock at 20 minutes. This now doesn't happen as the machine never sleeps.C...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to change 'push certificates' privilege

Hi,I am trying to set the push certificates privilege to read only for a single user. The user privileges are set to custom.I go and untick the create, update and delete boxes leaving only read ticked, then go and save.. and when looking at the list,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP setup stuck on Automatic Verification

We did have LDAP working with a Linux infrastructure manager server, but it stopped working. We suspect the server may have been deleted from AD, but because no one here is a Linux expert we couldn't do any real troubleshooting - we couldn't even log...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Process

Hello, was wondering is there a away to have a Progress bar on the desktop to know whats being installed and what is missing as far as Policies during the enrollment.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HomeBrew Detection

I'm curious if anyone has an extension attribute or script to detect the presence of homebrew anywhere on a device(not just the default install location)? Thanks for any help!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy execution details export

Hi everyone,I recently joined an IT team using jamf and I'm in charge of automating small tasks to relieve the load of the support one of them was to check the installed application on every computer.The script is done and running fine the only probl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privacy preferences in mail

Good morning I would like to ask if it is possible to check the status of privacy preferences in mail on mac jamf pro with a policy or something similar. The second question is if I can enable Privacy Mail Activity for all Macs I manage. Thanks a lot...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors