Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Your favorite Macintosh utilities and tools

on a daily basis, i use Carbon copy cloner, Onyx, Disk warrior, Data rescue 3 ARD, Drive Genius 3, what other tools do you use for troubleshooting or hardware verification like failing drives or even other methods you use for related tasks.  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to mount AFP shares

Hello, I've downloaded the mountNetworkShare.sh and set it up as a login policy for users but it doesn't seem to be mounting the share so I checked the logs and it seems to run without failing, this is the log message: *** Executing Policy Map MacSha...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't bind to AD in 10.9 Mavericks

OK this was brought up in another thread but as was suggested it is probably better in it's own thread so here goes. I've been testing deployment of Mavericks in our environment. I cannot bind to AD either with the JSS binding or manually. If I upgra...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reposado and Server OS's

I am exploring a reposado sus and possibly a netboot server but the only info I can find states it runs on Ubuntu. Is there a way of running this on a server that is at Mac OS 10.8.5 or 10.9 Server?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ZIP packages not deploying

We upgraded our DPs with the migrate function of 9.2 C.Admin, which converted our pkg files to .zip files. Now when I try to deploy something, the policy fails. Any ideas how to resolve? Executing Policy 10.9 Mavericks...[STEP 1 of 4]Mounting Hoffman...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks is forked.

The new Retina 13 and 15 models ship with a post-GM build number. I have NOT confirmed whether the GM OS is sufficient for these models (only that the build number is different).  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java updates

My current machines have Java 7 update 25 installed. I am trying to push down Java 7 update 45. I created the package for Jave7u45 in composer and pushed it to a test machine by using a policy. The policy log states that everything went fine and inst...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

UI for Unix from JNUC

I know I'm a few weeks late on this at this point. I took notes on this presentation, but maybe I wrote down something wrong. I think the presenter when he was talking about cocoa dialog and terminal notifier mentioned something like pleasewait.app. ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point vs JDS

We are getting ready to upgrade from 8 to 9 and I am thinking about setting up JDSs and replacing our distribution points. I was wondering what people using Casper 9 with JDSs think about them and give me some pro/cons.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Display Issues with CasperSuite 9

I just upgraded a staging server to CasperSuite 9 so that I could test it out prior to upgrading our production JSS server. Here are some of the issues I see with it. I've already spoken with my TAM and he recommended that I submit feature requests f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x over Ethernet.

This might be a stupid question, but when I create a profile via JSS for Ethernet with PEAP authentication and check the box for "Use Directory Authentication". After I click save and go back to edit the profile, the checkbox is unchecked. Therefore ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop Picture (Maverick)

Has anyone encountered an issue with specifying the desktop picture in Maverick via the managed preference? Looks like Apple removed the com.apple.desktop.plist so the preference doesn't work.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks, SMB2 and network share corruption

As posted by @bmwarren in my other thread about restricting 10.9's SMB to SMB1, there's been posts about Mavericks corrupting SMB share permissions. Has anyone else encountered this in their testing? I am extremely loathe to deploy this OS until i'm ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 8.73 & iOS 7 Enrollment?

In Casper 8.73 we're able to create enrollment profiles that target iOS 7, yet in the following JAMF tech article it states that version 9.0 and lower of the JSS cannot be used to create enrollment profiles for iOS 7 devices. We are planning to upgra...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.2 and SafeGuard for Mac Automation (SGMA) - Sophos

Just received this alert from Sophos: JAMF Software Server 9.2 issue with SGMA 1.0.6 It has been brought to our attention that JAMF Software Server (JSS) 9.2 and SafeGuard for Mac Automation (SGMA) 1.0.6 may not be compatible with each other. SafeGua...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL issue after Mavericks Server upgrade

We decided to upgrade to Mavericks and Server 3.0 on our Mac Mini server. The JSS didn't like that. Whoops. The upgrade also removed Java, and JCE, which was a semi pain to fix, but not terrible. The JSS is running fine now, but in System Prefs I not...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error in Configuration Profile Display

Hello, We have an existing Configuration Profile created to apply some restrictions to our student MacBooks. Sometime after the update to Casper 9, the Restrictions and Parental Controls sections are just showing an error when trying to edit them in ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.2 can't filter policy logs by the letter b

Hi Just curious if anyone is seeing the same behavior i am and that is im looking at the logs for a policy and i cant filter by the letter b, it simply goes back a page like someone is hitting the back button on the browser.I have tried all sorts of ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Server SUS ?

I upgraded a current Version 9 JSS Mac server to Mavericks and Server 3.0 and have not had success performing Software Updates via self service policy, the URL seems ok but the clients cannot reach the SUS to download any updates... Anyone else succe...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple JSS Installations

How many are running multiple JSS in their environment? How are they used, synchronised? What affect do multiple JSS have on the licensing? We need to setup multiple JSS in different cities to cater for loss of network. Interested to hear from others...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to mount hidden smb share after 10.9 upgrade

So I have a little script that maps a user share from a windows server using the $3 for the current user. Had a few users upgrade to Mavericks and the script fails for them. I can run the same script in AppleScript Editor just fine without the $3. An...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Preference Manifests

I have zero interest in manually creating a preference manifest from a plist (or snippet thereof). Does anybody know of a way to create these from plists or something?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors