Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

OneDrive config

Hi all,I've been working on the OneDrive deployment some time ago, but it wasn't something we want to use at that time.Things changed and now we want to look into deploying OneDrive and a nice config to a set of test machines.Deployed the standalone ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Throttled?

Anyone else getting really slow upload speeds for the cloud distribution point? Uploading packages bigger than a few MB seems to take hours when it should take minutes based on our upload speeds.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog

Since. we are new to Jamf and the Jamf App Catalog is new to Jamf, I am Struggling a strategy to assign app to user groups.One option we though about was create a Static Computer group of the devices we want to install the app on.Not sure if this wil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 5 kudos

IPAD enrollement

We have 10 iPads we bought from a local store to beat a budget deadline, and I'm having issues enrolling them to our jamf pro (cloud), and getting similar results. Using a URL/QR code for self enrollement, only pushing a wifi config. When I install (...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Required managed update notification

A while back, I sent a mass action for computers to update the OS and 'Download and allow macOS to install later'. The smart group I sent it to though had a few computers that were already updated, and those computers keep getting a popup saying 'Req...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Issue downloading Adobe Express

Hi, I'm trying to Download the latest version of Adobe Express and while its listed in the App store with this name and we pushed out previous version called Adobe Spark its not updating on the iPads and Jamf is only recognising Adobe Sparc . It's a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Apple's new Lockdown mode?

So in https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/07/apple-expands-commitment-to-protect-users-from-mercenary-spyware/Apple Says: "Configuration profiles cannot be installed, and the device cannot enroll into mobile device management (MDM), while Lockdown Mo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS ALF allow list not registering

Hi, We are trying to manage the macos application layer firewall from the mdm using either the built in settings to allow built in incoming connections and not allow downloaded signed apps. We then want to add a list of exceptions by bundle Id as per...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf binary self-heal with the Jamf API

Has anyone had any experience with the new "self-heal" functionality in API? We've run into an issue with a bunch of devices lately that lose their device certificate, and need to be manually enrolled again.Wondering if I'd be able to script this out...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Catalog applications failing to deploy

I have recently tried to deploy a few applications through the new Jamf App catalog feature, but for the devices assigned to this they are all reporting back failed. I cant find any logs or indication as to why it failed Any ideas?  View more

AndyMaven_0-1662712298623.png
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

User permissions script/launch daemon

Could anyone assist with combining these two scripts; one to temporarily promote the logged in user (used from MakeMeAdmin) and the other is to demote that user and any potential accounts that were created or elevated during their temporary admin. Pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless network issues post upgrading to Monterey

I'm hoping that someone else may have gone through the same workflow that I'm attempting to follow and may have some advice on how to solve this conundrum.Background:We have around 130 Intel Mac laptops and desktops in our environment, all are curren...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Time Server Extension Attribute

I'm trying to create an extension attribute to show what time server is configured on our Macs. This should make it easier to show an auditor that we manage the time server on endpoints. Does anyone know of a terminal command that would output a mach...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable MacBook Power Button from Logging Out Users?

I circulate several 2022 MacBook Pros running MacOS 12.5.1 in an education setting. For security, every MacBook automatic boots to a default user that all patrons use. The MacBook then erases/resets after shutdown. So users do not use a password to l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regex for unsupported macOS Ventura computers

If anyone needs it for scoping this regex will include all computers _not_ supported by macOS Ventura. So when new models are released you won't have to update the regex.^(iMac[1-9],\d|iMac1[0-7],\d|Macmini[1-7],\d|MacPro[1-6],\d|MacBook[1-9],\d|MacB...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 5 kudos

Visible Wi-Fi Passwords in iOS/iPadOS 16

Does anyone know if there's a way to restrict the visibility of Wi-Fi passwords on a system level in iOS and iPadOS 16? I looked around but haven't seen anything about this yet. I know they aren't visible to the user if the credentials are provided v...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEPNotify Show Installation Status on Screen

I am using a pretty generic version of the DEPNotify script, but I would like to be able to have it display a visual log of what applications have installed/failed all on the screen while the DEP enrollment is running so that techs have an easy way t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors