Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

1Password8 App Installation

Hello, I have created a 1Password8 Package using composer & deployed using policy on Mac. However every time I get this error 1Password is not installed inside of /Applications. Please move 1Password and restart the appThe previous 1Password7 app was...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

BYOD Program with User Enrollment

I want to add a couple of internal apps to some Freelancers phones but I'm in a bit of a loop trying to create a Personal Device Profile. When I click 'Devices' > 'Personal Device Profiles' I get greeted with 'Configure user-initiated enrollment for ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can a custom pre-filled field be added?

Hi all,To appease our auditors, we need to add a custom text field to all our Laptop entries. It simply needs to say "Data classification level: C2".I've tried to do it via Extension Attributes, but it won't print out what I need. (I'm sure I'm not u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Computer Command in Monterey

We have found the lock command for computers in Jamf is letting our students around the lock by restarting their computers. With an Intel Big Sur machine the lock command will restart it to the EFI password screen, we can enter the EFI password and c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Bonjour

How do I enable BonjourI have a script to disable it,#! /bin/bash defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist NoMulticastAdvertisements -bool truedo I just reverse it or delete the .plist file  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing Devices Group

I just created a group for our iPads called D1-Smart, however, I noticed that these iPads appeared in our as Missing Devices in our Smart Device Group. Why?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Encryption and PRK

I'm attempting to switch computers from Jamf Now to Jamf Pro. I created a configuration profile for disk encryption and it's showing the device is encrypted. However when I view the settings on the device via inventory in Jamf, there's no Disk encryp...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thousand Eyes - not registering

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I am a recently new admin to macOS and using JAMF (6mos now). We are being tasked with deploying ThousandEyes to our mac environment and I am having some challenges getting the packa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duo Mobile 2FA issues on macOS while using JAMF

Hello all,Posting here to possibly get some help on an issue we’ve been running into using Duo Mobile and macOS.We are deploying Duo through Jamf Pro and we have no issues using the automated enrollment for Mac users that are in office. Our issue is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPadPro Stuck in "Lost Mode|"

Hello!Current Issue:Issued Command "Enable Lost Mode"iPad was found - However, when "Disable Lost Mode" is sent it does not get received. Nor does any other command.iPad was restarted - From what I read that does cause the wifi to shut off. I have do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to restrict changing wifi settings on iOS devices

We are using Jamf Pro and need a way to restrict students from changing the Wifi settings on iOS devices such as iPads. I have looked through all configuration profile settings/restrictions and do not see any that would achieve this result. Does anyo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing out 12.6 Update on Mac

Hi all,I need bit of guidance and suggestions here. I've been using Jamf for a few months now and would like to push out an update to all enrolled Mac devices for 12.6. What is the best way to push this out that doesn't restart the computer for the e...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Working on an update script

Just messing around with creating a script with a co-worker. I've seen some previous scripts that when you run them it launches the systempreferences>Software Update. I'm not very good with scripting, so I'm having issues finding what command actuall...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors