Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Problem partitioning during imaging

I've created a configuration in Casper Admin for the new iMacs I'm installing in my Communications lab. The iMacs have 1TB hard drives and need to be split in to a 1gb Restore parition, a 250gb Boot partition, and 750gb media partition. I've created ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Message in Log

Hi all, [ERROR] [Configuration ] - Error creating class for type 'com.apple.loginwindow'java.lang.Exception: Unable to add "Login Window" to payloads I dont know what happened to my last post, but has anyone come accross this, and is there a fix for ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java error...

...no wonder Apple loathes Java (and Flash). We are deploying a 3rd-Party-App that requires Java. We decided to kill two birds with one stone and push Java 1.6.0_41 first, then the 3rd-Party-App afterwards. Success is about 80%...but 20% show this er...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded their clients to 10.8 with Casper and without user interaction? Right now, I have it available in Self Service but now I want to force it on everyone who has failed to install it themselves.Tips? Ad...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 - Outlook Account Setup Fails

I'm having an issue after upgrading to Office 2011 v14.3.1 (14.3.0 also has the same problem). I can no longer get exchange accounts to setup, I just get an 'authentication failed' message. This worked with 14.2.x, and what's worse, it works if I loa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forbidden (403) on http share

I have a Perl script I am trying to push on login using Casper through an http distribution point for a client. The first challenge was that the link had broken which I resolved through article 116 of the kbase. Now I'm getting a 403 forbidden instea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Puppet/Chef and Casper

I wanted to start a conversation and see if any admins out there are using puppet or chef in there environment in addition to Casper, how are they using it, and what they are finding is the better tool for them for which situations. For instance, I'v...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Box as a casper deploy

Hey All, Came across this the other day. http://bryson3gps.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/using-box-com-as-a-casper-share/ Wanted to say thanks to Bryson. Up and working great!  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmounting Recovery HD with Fusion Drives

It's worth noting that in the case of a Fusion Drive, the typical approach to unmounting a Recovery HD partition as outlined in the KB article for deploying 10.8 will not work. Recovery HD will not be disk0s3, or on disk0 at all. I'm considering anot...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat's Launch Daemon question

We're having to restart Tomcat every so often, so I'm wondering if there is a problem with the Tomcat launch daemon? Does the below match anyone else's Tomcat launch daemon? If not, care to post yours? :) We're running a 1st generation Intel Xserve (...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Distribution Point - not working

Hey all: I'm new to the scene so please be understanding if this is basic stuff. I had an HTTP Distribution Point working from a Mac mini running 10.8 Server (the same one running JSS and everything else Casper). It was working fine but I was asked t...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log Messages

Hi all, We are having a different issue now that is showing up in the log. We are getting this message every 10-20 seconds posted to the JAMFSoftwareServer.log file. [ERROR] [Configuration ] - Error creating class for type 'com.apple.loginwindow'java...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plug-in data flow

When the SCCM plugin is configured properly, what is the nature of the data flow? Does the the transference flow directly from the JSS DB to SCCM DB, or is a file copied to the SCCM server which is then in turn imported into SCCM? If the later, I'm w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat has to be restarted often

Hi all, We are suddenly seeing a very weird behavior with our jamf server. We have to constantly restart tomcat because it becomes completely unresponsive, this happens multiple times a day. We even went as far as setting up a new jss and the behavio...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Firmware Updates

I built a custom EA to look for Mountain Lion computers that need firmware updates based on a script I found in an old post by Miles Leacy (Thank you Miles!). It looks like this #!/bin/shfwupdcount=softwareupdate -l | grep -c -e Firmware -e EFI -e SM...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers via self service not working

We have a handful of printer models in our environment. When we were putting them in I went through and created printer entries for every printer in our complex, however it seems random ones don't want to come down via self service. While they do ins...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN configuration profile help on the Mac side

I would like to provide a .mobileconfig file to our remote Mac (not iOS) users that pre-populates the VPN settings for our organization. I have generated one and it works all except for the fact that I cannot get the profile to properly control the s...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

More Java exploits found...

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/it_security-hacking-patches-standard_edition,1-927.html Six days following the release of yet another security patch for Java, an independent security startup identifies two new serious vulnerabilities in Java 7. Ora...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 6 and Java 7 web plugin

Hi All, Java is driving me up the wall, I have the latest 6 2013 (1.6.0_41) update and it installs OK as a PKG, a prerequisite for Symantec AV live update (go figure...) however we have an application that launches a jnlp file that needs the Java web...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Trend Micro / Java 7

We're having a bit of a problem. We use Trend Micro as AV for the macs - but it seems to not want to install if Java 7 is on the system. Anybody know if there is a way around this? Installation failed. The installer reported: usage: dirname path find...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain ACL question

I've added an application to the login items of all users. When they login they're prompted to "Allow" access to an Application password within the logon keychain. If the user "Always Allow" then they don't get prompted again. I'm wondering if there'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacTech announcement [OT]

RT @mactech @MacTech and @Microsoft teaming up to offer @OfficeforMac Accredited Support Professional credential at BootCamp.... http://t.co/42ZHhs0Lle  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors