Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Techniques to manage XProtect

After the last few Java updates, and now Adobe Flash, I'm wondering what others out there are doing to manage XProtect on there managed machines. I'm all for protecting Macs against malware and security threats, but it's now affecting enterprises who...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-default administrator account Extension Attribute

I find myself taking a lot from jamfnation and not giving much back in return, so here is my simple little extension attribute for showing all non-default administrator accounts from Macs in your estate. You will need to change the underscored sectio...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle Java version extension attribute

Hello jamfnation- does anyone have an extension attribute that can report the Oracle java version in addition to Apple's versions?All the extension attributes I've seen are based on the java -version bash command, which only seems to return informati...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point permissions

Hi All, We've successfully imaged 50 ish macs, but today the 8 we tried all failed to install CS6. I think it may be to do with the DP's permissions.. they are currently: Owner: Admin - Read/WriteGroup: Everyone - Read OnlyEveryone: Everyone else - N...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a lock script at beginning of policy

I have a script that locks the screen up at a beginning of a policy to notify the user of an update. The script runs fine. But when I put the policy together I want the script to run, lock the screen, and then run the rest of the packages and scripts...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

-setsecurewebproxy will not work 10.8

Dear All,I was wondering if anyone could help with this. I have modified the webproxy script with the securewebproxy command but when I try to run it, I get a response of "command not found". If I run the command in a terminal screen of "networksetup...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Server Options Mac OS X

Print Server Options Mac OS X What are people using out there, just curious. My current gig they are using Xerox ColorQube 9203 printers and Equitrac (Print Utility X). This Equitrac is a rather horrible application / solution, we have an installer t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging a LaunchDaemon

Folks, I'm bumping into a wall. I've got a LaunchDaemon I'm trying to package and include in my configs. Essentially, it's a "Second Boot" mechanism to kick off our encryption software and some other stuff that's not apparently working as an "after" ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who is using a Restore partition?

Ok, completely unscientific polling time! I'm curious to hear who is building a separate Restore partition during Casper imaging. I'm putting the finishing touches on our 10.8 image process and I'm on the fence on whether I should continue building a...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

ipad display sleeping

I've been working on a kiosk project for some iPads around the office to replace some older room scheduler nodes that have fallen into disrepair. I've written a mobileconfig profile to disable the home button, but a new requirement has popped in aski...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Fusion Drives

Hey all, So we just got in some fancy new 27" iMacs with Fusion Drives. We captured an OS image from them and created a new config with our standard packages. Problem is when we go to clean image the iMac with the new OS config, the machine is un-boo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI 11.0.01

How is everybody packaging and deploying 11.0.01? We would like to try to create a unified package (11 + 11.0.01) using the Adobe Configuration Wizard since we haven't deployed 11 yet. Any ideas? Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best tool to sync DP's between window server

For those of you with with your repositories living on windows servers, what tool are you using to sync them? We have 7 remote sites that are connected via a slow satellite link. I'm not much of a command line guy so i was looking for something with ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

CD / DVD drive sharing OS X 10.8.2

Hi Everyone, We've just taken order of the new bunch of iMacs that don't come with super drives. These machines are all going into computer labs so we've purchased 3 external super drives and are looking into enabling Drive sharing. We're moving from...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about going back from 10.8 to 10.6

I just received two new 15 inch Mac Book Pro's with 10.8.2 on them but my company standard (and netboot image) is 10.6.8. I tried to erase the hard drive and install 10.6 but it will not allow me to do so. Also my server is running 10.6 (test server ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV and 802.1x profile woes

Hello, after spending several days and research on the web just to add a apple tv to our network, I have come up with the solution that worked for us to allow the apple tv to connect to our wireless network via 802.1x authentication.The following url...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Designing a JSS setup from scratch

Hi folks, I have the possibility of completely re-architecting the JSS setup we have here as the current one has certain drawbacks. So if you were going to completely redesign your JSS set up, what would you aim for in your design?  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restored iPad

Here's what happened... I had an iPad 2 with a bad display so I backed it up to my computer and took it to the Apple Store. They exchanged the iPad for a new iPad 2. I've restored that iPad from the backup. Here is my problem... 1) When I boot the iP...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Symantec NetBackup Client

Has anyone here tried packaging Symantec NetBackup client? The "installer" from Symantec is a bunch of interactive shell scripts. I've captured it with Composer, but I'm not sure that it will install correctly, given the complexity of the install. Th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas Area JUG - Thursday Feb 21 at 6 PM

Hey Dallas area users, we've finally locked in a date and location for our first meeting. The fine folks over at Kinetic Technology Group have agreed to play host for our first meeting. We will be meeting on Thursday February 21st at 6 pm. The locati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors