Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Imaging mid 2012 Airs

Seeing a large number of mid 2012 MacBook Airs with the following error in Casper Imaging: "Casper Imaging could locate any drives for imaging". The Hard Drive exists for sure, I can see it on hardware tests and as a boot option but behind the error ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kansas City User Group

I'm looking to start up a User Group in the Kansas City area, to include both sides of the state line. I know there are a number of users in the area. Please shoot me an email mark.hughes@kckps.org if this seems of interest to you.  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newly Imaged Machines Smart Computer Group

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can create a smart computer group based on enrollment date/time? What i am trying to do is have a smart group to look at newly imaged machines (within the last 24 hours) so our JSS can run a policy to add ic...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Image and first run scripts

Hey all, I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I looked and could not find anything. We're having problems with our images holding our wireless settings (preferred SSID). I've tried baking them into the image and also using a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autorun option for a Package

Hi everyone! I cannot find any documentation regarding the Autorun checkbox found in the Packages tab while editing or creating a policy. I understand what FEU and FUT do, but I'm at odds with Autorun. Automatically launch an application it has just ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripting with jamfhelper and jamf binary

i have an applescript / shell script combi that puts up the jamfhelper screen while it calls the policies, but the 'do shell script jamf policy' runs as a sub process from the applescript, thus while this is running, the applescript continues, even t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Firefox

Hello, I am fairly new to Composer and the Imaging suite. I have successfully packaged Office and a few other applications, but I have not had any luck packaging Firefox. Can someone point me to a how to, or at least give me an overview of where to b...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Trigger based on Application launch

Hi All - I'm looking for a creative way to trigger a policy after a user has opened an application. More specifically, I need to run a script that configures a few settings in Lync, but the entries are dependent on the users email address, so the scr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Deployment or Migrate?

I'm wondering if folks have experience with rather than migrating the JSS server simply setting up a new server and re-enrolling the clients to the new JSS. There are a few reasons that a new deployment might work better in this environment, mainly t...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper and alternating between bootable partitions

Ok, so we have some users who alternate between bootable partitions, including IT folks. :) Casper seems to need a kick in the @$$ whenever the Mac is toggled between partitions...running sudo jamf enroll -prompt after switching bootable partitions f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home Folder Sync - MO WGM, Just Casper

Hi, I am tyring to get this to work by applying a configuration with mobility settings (downloading and applying manually, need to sort out ports for apn in due course). When installing the profile using a local account It tells me that i need to do ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Printers

Ok Im possibly Blind but what i want to do is this, We want to remove all local printers from our environment, Casper is collecting the printers obviously. I want to create a report or export a CSV that tells me any of the following A list of all pri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS7 Beta 4

I have been successfully using an iPad 3 with iOS7 Beta 3 for a couple of weeks. I was able to enroll and download apps from Self Service. Aside from a couple of icon problems, everything worked well. I just reset the iPad and installed Beta 4. I hav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point in DMZ

I am trying to figure out how to put a distribution point on our DMZ that can talk to the main DP on the LAN. I have looked at all the documentation on setting the JSS up on a DMZ, but it is pretty lacking in information and I must say I am a little ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Screen Sharing

Hey all,Quick question about Casper Screen sharing through Casper Remote. when initiating a screen sharing session our users are prompted for a Screen Sharing Request. The verbiage says "casperscreensharing" would like to share your screen. Is "caspe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Help Desk Alternatives

We have been using Web Help Desk for the last few years because Casper assets sync directly into the system which is great. We do have issues creating reports from Web Help Desk for specific asset requirements and their support have been promising fo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to restrict iOS being upgraded ?

Hey all, We work with around 800 iPads in our school and school doesn't want the iPads to be updated to iOS 7 once is released ( just to prevent having issues, as we dont have many issues on iOS 6) Any policy or script would restrict devices to be up...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Write Privileges to External Volumes

My company's current security posture coupled with the lack of a Symantec Data Loss Prevention client (OS X) have driven a new request: "...to have the ability to write to USB/DVD disabled for all Macs" I have been through the posts associated w/ dis...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors