Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Packing new version of Xcode

Hi everybody maybe this one have been post before, could anyone help me to package the new version of xcode. I am a beginner of Mac OSX and casper suite. Please show in steps. Thank you in advance  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symlink

Hi guys,I have a script error when I ran a policy using the mountnetworkshare.sh Script Result: /private/tmp/mountNetworkShare.sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'/private/tmp/mountNetworkShare.sh: line 1: `' I was advised this is...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

nbi and netboot

Hi Gentlemen,Recently I have problem netboot new iMac. They seems to ignore the netboot server but my old iMac stills works. I was told I need to update the NetBoot Image so it can recognise the lastest hardware. I am not quite sure what to do at thi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Plist Question

Does anyone know which plist this option for Apple Remote Desktop lies "Allow control of this computer when this application is running". I would like to create an MCX to make that option active. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch an app after installation

Hello, How do I have an app launched after it is installed by Casper remote without user interaction? Running "open /path/to/app.app" or "sudo -u [shortname] open /path/to/app.app" in a pkg postflight.sh didn't work. Running "sudo -u [shortname] open...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 Licensing

We're investigating options in volume licensing of MS Office. Would appreciate it if anyone has some background on this and would be willing to talk in non-specific terms off line regarding their experience with volume licensing for Office 2011? I ca...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import a apple supplied computer info file

So we have just ordered 1850 MacBook Air computers for our school district. Now apple is gonna asset tag and image them at the factory with a image I have made. So it will have the JAMF helper on it. Apple will then send me a file with all the info f...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fixing packages with expired signatures - heads up!

Just seen this (see link) and I thought give you all heads up...It's about expired certs in Apple flat packages and how to fix.Thanks Greg! http://managingosx.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/fixing-packages-with-expired-signatures/#comments  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grab domain name 10.7

Until 10.6 you can grab the domain name you are on using cat /etc/resolv.conf It returns the domain you are on, search domains and nameservers. I am working on a script that I want to ONLY run if the user is on their home domain... Under 10.7 cat /et...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

london comference

Very glad I went to london jamf confernce and glad to finally meet you guys Thanks JAMF I learnt a lot. Cheers  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot

I recent created a netboot image for the lion image I am trying to install. I have noticed an extremely slow image process taking anywhere up to 45 minutes to an hour image. some times the image errors out saying I am out of resource. Has any one run...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat security

In order to manage iOS devices outside the internal network, we must open up port 8443. This also means outside attackers could possibly attempt to break in to the JSS admin console. Either through a dictionary attack, or maybe a zero-day Tomcat vuln...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cached credentials and Kerberos ticket at login

I'm using AD with mobile accounts and Forced local home directories and experienced that if I login to the computer as soon after it boots up to login prompt, it will use cached credentials instead of authentication to the network. This will cause no...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hi to everyone at the Frankfurt RUC!!

Just want to say hi to everyone. Was great meeting JAMF users from Germany. And thanks to JAMF for hosting this event. Was great! Hope the JAMF guys had a good time at the Adolf Wagner, it's a great place. If any of you are ever in Munich send me an ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot not working

Hi guys,I have tried netbooting a few MAC today and it suddenly stopped working. I have usedsudo bless --netboot --server bsdp://IPaddress. I also tried to push out a policy. The policy logs says it is successful. I tried press N or Option key at res...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX URLs/ports?

Our Casper server sits behind a nice Blue Coat proxy server which is keeping Casper from talking to Apple's GSX service to retrieve purchase and warranty info. Issue seems to be that our proxy requires authentication which I cannot do from within Cas...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Management Manifest

Has anyone been able to import the manifest for Google Chrome into the JSS? I have pulled out the file that is two "/contents/resources"'s deep, and i can view the file, and it looks like a well-formed plist. The problem is, every time i try to uploa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feedback please on MCX, Lion Profiles, OD vs JSS

We're finally going to be moving to Lion over the next several months and will have a big batch of Lion systems coming on campus in early August. Historically, we've done MCX with OD and all at the computer/computer group level. With Configuration Pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Problems

Hello, I have been crafting an Apple Software Update policy this week and have run into a few issues. I am running a reposado master with cascaded slaves for remote sites. I have set the update servers in the JSS for the various network segments. I h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display notification including a URL

Can anyone give advice on how to display a dialog/notification to users which includes a clickable URL? displayMessage and jamfHelper are not working out for me, unless I'm not using the right syntax or formatting. AppleScript? thanks,Darrin  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Share Script Error

I am getting an error when I try to run the network share Script from the resource kit. If anybody can let me know where to look for the problem I would appreciate it. Script Result: /private/tmp/mountNetworkSharebelen.sh: line 1: syntax error near u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update server Certificate expiration

"Mac OS X Server administrators who are managing their own Software Update servers should remove all updates signed with the expired certificates and redownload the updates from Apple" http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5198 If you have seen your ASUS dow...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Taking over a new company issues

Hi Guys,have a bit of a fun one that hopefully someone might have come across in the past. We have recently acquired a new company that has merged with another of mine. predominantly mac which is good, we have been supporting them for a little while ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

The New iPad (3,3)

While we have been able to enroll, we are not receiving inventory updates from this type of iPad. Anyone else having this experience?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors