Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Dual Boot?

All: I've looked through old list submissions and read all the stories ofheartburn regarding Winclone going away. What I'm wondering is if anyone has found a way to successfully deploy aWindows partition and Windows 7 image to a Mac Mini (brand spank...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Updates At Logout With Lock Screenfrom Sabrina

I was trying this out, and I seem to be having a problem where thefullscreen logo won’t go away and I’m not sure where the log file isfor the software updates to see if they are still installing or ifit’s just hung somewhere… I did have to modify the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

adobe reader 10

So, For the longest time I have had my users using preview instead of Adobe reader for PDFs. Now some genius apparently purchased software with out anyone testing it first and the app itself is hard coded to use Adobe Reader 10, only. Last I read the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding over VPN...

so one of my customers is changing from Cisco VPN to netconnect SSL vpn, which normally is not a big deal, but users are remote, so they have to get their computer connected via VPN to get bound to AD, then they have to logout as the firstboot user a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Personal - Mac at home.

Looking for some recommendations for my system at home so keep in mind this is a personal request not necessarily anything Casper related. So I've gotten a plethora of disks at home alone with a eSATA x4 drive Raud-box hooked up to my mac. Currently ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ad-hoc Render farm challenges

Hello all. I am trying to figure out how I might allow an end-user to launch a single application on logged in machines (other people) without giving them excessive rights. Here's why. We have some needs to do some sporadic cinema4d rendering using i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service 8.21

I upgraded my JSS this morning and everything seemed to go smoothly. I went to one of my coworker's Mac to check out Self Service and after launching it I get a pop up that says. Self Service has Encountered a Problem. Could not connect to the server...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

locking screen at loginwindow

this has probably been discussed before, but here's what i'm trying to do and what i've tried: - policy triggered by startup attempts to lock the screen, installs apple software updates, then reboots- neither jamfHelper nor LockScreen seem to be able...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.7.1 is out

OS X Lion 10.7.1 (Client) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1437OS X Lion 10.7.1(Server) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1438OS X Lion 10.7.1 for MacBook Air & Mini 2011 (Client) http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1439OS X Lion 10.7.1 for Mac Mini 2011 (Server)...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to Call an AD Group

Can someone be as to kind to give me some coding love! I need to create an Extension Attribute that calls an AD Group. I want to use this to make a smart group (X Users get X script.) Any help would be much appreciated! --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDT...  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for upgrading in-place apps

Hey gang, I've only packaged a few apps at this point and they were installer based and now I'm starting to package up some apps that are normally drag and drop installations in the Finder - like Skype, Evernote, etc. Some of these apps have older ve...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

mysql, backups and disk space...

Oh my (sorry, had to say it) I have an 80GB HD that keeps filling up when mysql backups are run. I'm justwondering what people see with their database size and what the best way toreduce it. Currently it is running on an 80GB drive which has 23GB ava...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Energy saver/ Managed preferences

Hi I have an issue where my Laptop users energy saver settings for batter areset to 2 minutes for computer sleep. I have triedadding multiple com.apple.PowerManagement.plist files to my managedpreferences but none of them seem to set the battery powe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[JSS] Smart Groups contain dupes

Hi all, I remember seeing this when (I think) jss 6 to jss 7 upgrade but don't remember for the life of me how to repair it.Deleting the dupe entry deletes the only Asset.. Seems that the Smart Groups thinks there are doubles. A full inventory shows ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with managed preferences

Hi all, I've got a bit of a head-scratcher for you all. After creating a new image for my Macs, and pushing said image to the Macs, my managed preferences that are managed in Casper are no longer being applied to my Macs. I have it pretty much narrow...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storage/unresponsive issue with xserve

Hello, I know this is not related to JAMF at all, but I know there are a lotof very talented individuals here with a lot of Apple experience. I waswondering if any of you have run into a similar issue, and if you have; howwere you able to resolve it?...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't login to my JSS is saying Alerting Table Plugins :(

Can't login to my JSS is saying Alerting Table Plugins :( What the heck does this mean!!!! Its been this way for almost an hour. ![external image link](attachments/c5281fcbd2ec40ec8499c606fb13c852) --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / De...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile homes, open directory, and MCX via Casper

Greetings. I work in an almost all-mac school division, and we use Open Directory toauthenticate our clients. We have a dozen schools, and, after ourexperiment using a Master Open Directory with a dozen replicas caused us alot of grief, we are using ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

https access to JSS is blank after upgrade to 8.2.1

Hello, This is what I get for upgrading on a Friday afternoon. I upgraded my JSS to 8.2.1 from 8.1. Now when I attempt to access the JSS via https://myjssname:8443 the site appears to load** but the page is blank. Happens no matter what machine I use...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware Specific Lion Installers - How To Get

Well, Josh and the gang at AFP548 put up an article yesterday on how to getthe hardware specific Lion install for your machines. http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=getting-lion-installers Glad someone figured this out fairly quickly. Steve WoodD...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change IP of JSS?

If you have to re-ip your JSS, how do you make that change and get it out to all your clients?--Walter Rowe, System HostingEnterprise Systems / OISMwalter.rowe at nist.gov301-975-2885  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] Better policy managment

Doing our 1:1 switch out from our old laptops to our new ones, I am having to delete tons of old policies. There needs to be a way to sort and select multiple policies and delete them at once. Like, only display policies set for every 30, or disabled...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Deployment Best-Practices

Good morning,We're looking at our first true iPad deployment that would be managed by Casper. What lessons have you learned that you can share with a novice MDM engineer? Anything at this point would be helpful. Our environment consists of the follow...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two Lines on Login Window

Is there anyway to setup Managed Preferences so that it displays two lines on the login window? It looks like you can only do one in the standard template provided. Thanks, Drew---HUGEDrew Weiss/Lead IT Support Technician718.880.3794 /F. 718.625.5158...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Line breaks in Self Service 7.3.1?

I hope I am wrong, but it looks like line or paragraph breaks are not possible in Self Service 7.3.1. Am I correct? Sean~~~~~~~~~Sean AlexanderDesktop AnalystMacintosh Services DeliveryLockheed Martin - Enterprise Business Services~~~~~~~~~  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors