Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Entourage > Cache Errors > Enrique

DISCLAIMER 4/14/2010 This communication is intended only for use by casper at list.jamfsoftware.com. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you receive this communication unintentionally, please inform us immediately. Thank you. 18...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attributes knowledge sharing

Anyone have any good extension attributes they'd like to share so we can all see what works and what could work. So far we've deployed:- identify if an Apple manufactured SSD is present- chat client logging status- detect if a WWAN card has been inst...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

running software update post image script

So Due to my infrastructure and due to this flat package bug on the Apple side, I cannot add certain updates into my compiled image. I also do not have SUS servers set up anywhere, again because of my set up. I don't have the HD space locally and acr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to tell if Time Machine is being used

Hey Guys- Anybody have an idea on how we could tell, using Casper, if Time Machine isbeing used on a system? We have switched everyone over to using Crashplanwant to find anyone who might still be using Time Machine and turn them off. ThxJon -- Jonat...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Microsoft Apps

What is the best way to deploy Microsoft Updates?Dos this require building a package for each Microsoft app?Currently I run the MS updater manually on each Mac I want to update. Jade  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

error on script/policy run

I'm getting the following error client side when running a policy via the jamf binary: Script Result: /private/tmp/SetARDAccess.sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'/private/tmp/SetARDAccess.sh: line 1: `' The script runs fine loca...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleScript to KickStart ARDagent

The command, from shell, is: /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart-activate -configure -access -on -users -privs -all -restart -agent-menu using AppleScript it would be something like: do shell scrip...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf setOFP command

What exactly does the setpasshash value mean? The help command is very vague... Here is the usage Usage: jamf setOFP -mode [-passhash ] [-password ] So, do I want to set the hash to md5 or what? There is no usage of the verb in the help page. Thanks...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Usage Logs and FirstClass Mail Client

Hi All,Wonder if anyone on the list uses First Class, and if so, when youview Application Usage Logs in the JSS, does FirstClass have dozens ofslashes after the name of the application? This happens with multipleclient versions, to varying degree.. (...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging MS office

When packaging MS Office how can you get passed the Microsoft startup script, so that users do not have to setup Office the first time they use it? Jade  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

image log and policy log feature request

OK So, I think it would be awesome, that if in the imaging logs it logged what configuration you used to image the machine with. That way, I can look up when it was last imaged and with what configuration to tell off the bat if it has out of date pro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

adobe issue

HiI want to delete a "New Adobe Install" from casper AdminIf you click on the icon it still shows all the images I had before. how can I delete them?I already deleted all the packages that were made from this and the dmg file but still shows this one...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

auth bind script

So I have a group of iMacs that we want in the OD and we want managed via MCX but we want to disable all log ins but local accounts and to do so I need to do an authenticated bind. So, I wrote this script and the commands them self seem to work indiv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Extension Attribute - Sophos Relay Server

So I'm in the CCA class this week, and went back to the shop to write my first extension attribute. For those using Sophos with multiple relay servers (we have 4). I know the script isn't pretty. I'm not a scripting guru, but I thought I'd share for ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

BOM error

Hi- Whenever I open Casper Admin, I get an error about a BOM needing to be constructed. I happens every time. Is there any way to figure out what package is causing this? Thanksj --Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DMG not demounting after installation

Hi, The mounted dmg(all dmg's) on the clients desktop/finder sidebar does not demount after installing it. It happens when DMG's deployed via Casper policy. Is this the common issue or any problem with our JAMF server? Thanks in advance. Thanks & Reg...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems deploying Parallels 5 with 10.6.3

We're testing 10.6 on a few machines. The version of Parallels 5 that we had did not seem to want to work with 10.6. I downloaded the latest version from Parallels 5.0.9344.55874. I used the procedure provided by jamf (extracting "install.mpkg"). How...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Unrelated: Hardware Question

Hi Gang, I am helping someone with some older Xserve hardware and they are havingsome issues getting the disks to initialize. It's a G4 vintage system with amegaraid installed. -- Issue -- Using the diskutil list terminal command I see a 467 gig driv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify your 10.5 Software Update Server to serve 10.6 Clients

A colleague of mine at another office pointed me to this discussion on theApple boards which contains instructions for modifying a Mac OS X Server10.5.x Software Update Server to host 10.6.x updates. The best part is thatif you are using Casper 7.2 I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

weird casper ssh oddity

I have a client machine that has been imaged, has the jamf binary present and updated to 7.2 but it does not show in the JSS inventory. I then ssh into this machine using the same account Casper uses to verify I can ssh, and it works. When I run reco...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper iPad Support

I'm assuming there will be a 7.2.x update with iPad support? Anyone know any details? Noah SwansonMacintosh Development/SupportEnterprise Desktop ServicesPhone: 309-765-3153SwansonNoah at johndeere.com  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 JSS records, 1 serial number

What can cause a computer to show up in the JSS with 2 different records? I was under the impression that all JSS records were keyed off of serialnumbers first, but I have 2 different records both referencing the samecomputer, same serial number, sam...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences

I need some help with creating a managed preference to make DirectoryUtility inaccessible to my end-users. JIM ORING, JR. IT WORKFLOW MANAGER G7 PROFESSIONAL SCHAWK! T 323.258.4111 D 323.551.6517 M 909.904.2839 F 323.259.0428 jim.oringjr at schawk.co...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX settings question

What is the difference between com.apple.(iChat|mail).managed andcom.apple.(iChat|mail)when setting MCX? Ryan M. ManlyGlenbrook High Schools? ACSP ? ACMT  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 Imaging

I've been testing out Casper for quite some time now and just started tinkering with the Imaging process. So I copied up a disc image of 10.6 and told CA that it was an installer file and put that as the base image. I made a smart config and put the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors with Adobe updates

Hi- Trying to update some CS4 products and have run into one error on one particular machine for a number of updates (Photoshop, Fireworks, Extension Manager) Event log from the policy: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 6.01 Executing Policy Adobe Photoshop ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors