Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Mailto links in Self Service?

Hi- Anyone get a mailto link working in Self Service? I'm trying to have a dummy policy that sends a ticket off to our help desk but it looks like mailto isn't working for me. It's crafted properly, but when you click on it, it doesn't do anything. T...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

XML/CSV for iPhone inventory

I have requested a feature request for XML/CSV view option when viewing iPhone inventory. Funny though every item in inventory tab has this option apart from iPhone!! Work around is pasting into Excel but requires bit of cleaning up.Cem  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader deployment

So I got this text book, actually a series of text books that are digital. They require the CD but I was able to chop them up and with a little sym link magic make it all a self contained application. However, it requires Adobe reader to read the tex...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors in Workgroup Manager / Unable to change user passwords

Guys - This is off-topic to casper specifically, but I wanted to reach out to some of the experts out there. We are starting to see at several different school locations this problem popping up. Workgroup Manager erring with "Error of type eDSAuthFai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper List Posting Guidelines

Hello everyone, Please take a moment to review the short "Casper List Posting Guidelines"section linked below. This was recently added to the general listinformation page. We would like to ensure you have the same benefit andinformation as those sign...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

freezing @ username/password prompt

We ordered ~1000 new Macbooks in one order (built in battery). We created our Netinstall image and base image with a laptop from this order. When imaging, on about 20% of machines from that order, technicians are unable to type their username/passwor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service with AD groups

We have a bunch of color laser printers that teachers install through self service. We are trying to keep students from using these printers, so we scoped the policy to an Active Directory group. Now those printers never show up in Self Service. If I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why InstaDMG over Composer (was New Mac Mini)

Well, for me there are a couple reasons. First, it's just old habit. IOn Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Weber, Jason wrote:used ID at my last location when I was using NetRestore to image machines. Second, I like that I can drop a DVD into a machine, ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Software Testing for the User Interface

Any one using EggPlant?? My packaging workflow using Composersnapshot => install => test it => test it again => test it again => buildpackage and test the package deployment; try to deploy to few different Macs aspossible (different OSs, different ha...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Make a new QuickAdd

How can I make a new Quickadd with the updated Jamf binary? I tried just modifying the file, but when I plug into instaDMG it returns errors saying to contact the vendor… Working on folder 14 QuickAdd07_30_2010 (10:05:24) Installing QuickAdd07_30_201...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading OpenSSL

Has anyone had to do this? There are a few vulnerabilities with my server pointing to OpenSSL: * OpenSSL ASN1_STRING_print_ex Function Denial of Service Vulnerability * OpenSSL EVP_VerifyFinal Security Bypass Vulterability I'm currently running v 0.9...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

One client stuck at 7.1 [w/ feature request]

Apple Script is great for interacting with the end user. I am starting to use it myself, however, to be honest most users ignore it anyway. Really, what I want, and yes this is a feature request, is to create a scope off an advanced inventory search....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Mac mini

For those that have imaged the new Mac Mini, what method are you using? For my regular image I started using InstaDMG, but that wont work on this machine since it's a 10.6.4 build that is different from everything else. Just sits at a spinning pinwhe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off-topic Scripting Question

First, sorry for the off-topic post. Is there a way to script the Login Option in the Accounts pane in System Preferences to "Allow network users to log in at login window" and set it to "Only these network users:" followed by a network user or two? ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Printer Presets

Hello everyone, I need to create a print policy, that when a user logs into their machine they have a defaults preset of Black and White double sided printing. They still need to have the ability to change to colour, or modify/create additional prese...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 2 kudos

Windows 7 deployment with Casper

We just wrapped up a nice little project to create a deployment strategy and I wanted to share my adoration of the Casper Suite.Casper's out of the box support for Win-Clone images is just amazing! used WinClone to capture a Sys-prepped Win7 install ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Server (IMAGING)

Hi Guys, I'm running JSS off an Xserve 2 x 2.8GHz Quad Core with 8Gb of RAM and still finding that it's hit and miss when trying to communicate a set of 10 x MacBooks with it (via NetBoot). Booting off the Server is OK, however when I have to login t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Altiris and Casper

Hi All, Does Casper have Altiris plugin for Inventory purpose?I have started to use JSS Report Downloader from Resources Kit. Thisenables me to do Scheduled Reports. Plan is send these reports to Altirisadmin to import in to Altiris, so Asset guys ca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full disk encryption

Hi Guys, What is the best full disk encryption software for Macs out there? Onewith Casper integration will be preferred... Thanks in advance Cem  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF binary certificate trust

Sorry if I'm repeating an issue that's been solved - I looked through the threads and I couldn't find this so I'm asking. I just transferred a user's data from one machine to another via Time Machine, and was having a few issues with the new computer...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running script as currently logged in user

Hey all, So here's what we're running into. We'd like to force a password to wakefrom the screensaver. The problem is that in 10.6 this has become a userByHost setting...I'm not having any luck with the JAMF MCX settings.I've verified that `defaults ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Feature Request] more robust policy log options

Jamf and everyone, I would like to have the ability to set certain policy log settings. I would like to flag certain policies to flush logs once a week, some once a day, some once a month, and some to never. I have some policies that will hit systems...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove managed preferences

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but I didn't see the answer among mysearch results for this listserv. I have created a managed preference for the user's home page (mcx_homePage)and set it to a specific home page. I then decided to remove this...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Numbers of Macs don't add up!?

I am in process of changing admin pw from all managed Macs (560 in total)So far policy history status shows this;Total Run Count: 477 Computers Remaining: 238 But Inventory result for all Macs shows this (yes that is correct number as I only ad serve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

finding all the admin accounts

All, I am rolling out Casper and I want find all the local admin accounts on every computers, and generate a monthly report on them. But I did not see local accounts as a criteria to search by. I there a way to accomplish this? Or is this a feature r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors