Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configure LDAP via DHCP

Anyone have a script to trip the "Add DHCP Supplied LDAP"? The only way I can see to do it is via a shell script using sed or something else to edit the plist file. Steve WoodDirector, Information Technologyswood at integerdallas.com The Integer Grou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Leopard Server ? Ready for prime time ?

This is slightly off topic but I'm curious to know if many of you are running Leopard Server in lab environments yet,and how that is going ? With the release of 10.5.3 I was planning on deploying a few of these these summer, butI have been reading of...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing software

Request: Add a select all button to the remove software section in the individualrecord section of inventory. We like to keep records of retired hdwe buthave no need to keep associated software as it is always redeployed, orupgraded when new hardware...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

migration to leopard

This is not a specific question to Casper, but thought I would ask someof you since you all may have already done this. I need to migrate our Tiger servers to Leopard servers, and this is allbecause we need Leopard clients. Plus we will be ordering s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User home directory on third Volume

We are running with 3 partitions on hard drive Restore ­hidden to userMacOS- all applicationsData -User Home directory and scratch Two weeks ago user changed names of two drives they can see. On restart itcreated a new empty user home directory on th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA training course

Who all has done this? What did it entail? I think I am going toChicago and the end of June for the course. A little feedback to thosewho have gone would be great. Thanks! Thomas LarkinTIS DepartmentKCKPS USD500tlarki at kckps.orgcell: 913-449-7589of...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software Definitions

Hi, Just wondered before I issue a bug report whether anyone had figured a workaround to the following issue? We, like many shops, have both Mac and Windows boxes with cross- platform licenses for the various pieces of software we run. I like to use ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erase new HD prior to imaging

Hi All-Wondered if others have had this issue:Brand new machines that go right from box to netboot > Image using Erase HD in Casper don't go (they hang, and not always in the same spot in the configuration). If we erase them first w/ Disk Utility (wi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper partitioning

we discovered that having the wrong partition scheme on intel based macs makes it impossible to upgrade to leopard.must be GUID not APM.well i used a utility called ipartition which not only can change partition scheme's non destructively, it can res...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Install via Casper

Hello, We are using Sophos, however it is their Endpoint Security and ControlSuite. In this configuration all the clients report to a central server,which means that every client installation has to be unique (the installercreates a unique ID on firs...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory options [Feature Request]

Inventory is currently happening, and we are hand counting 6,000 macs tomatch our records. I am getting some mismatches with some studentlaptops and what I have in inventory. I have been using the JSS/Casperinventory system to see what users were log...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Subject: Re: imaging a large group via NetBoot- Casper

casper at list.jamfsoftware.com writes: What's the infrastructure? switches? servers? On 5/19/08 8:34 AM, "Shawn Surma" wrote: We are using Casper with a Netboot server and only one Casper server for the packages. It seems to be taking a very long t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Intsall via Casper

Hello everybody! I was curious how people are handling installing Sophos Anti Virus.What we are running into here is that it needs to run the installer tocreate a unique install on each machine. Any ideas, suggestions, orjust let me know if I'm missi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS3 Install Error

Has anyone seen this error while using the new Adobe CS3 installers withCasper? Error: Adobe Installation Error: Unable to complete the silent workflow(Exit Code 7). This error has happened on both Illustrator and InDesign from a CS3 DesignProfession...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

imaging a large group via NetBoot- Casper

We are using Casper with a Netboot server and only one Casper server forthe packages. It seems to be taking a very long time to image MacBooksout of the box. What kind of numbers has anyone else been getting? If I do just 1 or 2 it will complete in a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to send unix commands via Casper

Hello all.. We've been using Casper here for a few months now, and it's been workinggreat. For the most part we have been using packages for any configurationand install procedures so have not needed to use scripts much other than totrigger a package...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Require Password on Wake From Sleep

Hello all, does anyone have a method or script to include a setting at imagetime that will set the computer to require a password on wake from sleep?-- Tim NicometoMayo Clinictimn at mayo.edu(507) 255-3034  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Settings on Standard Images

Hello all, I am wondering if someone has a proven, rock star, strategy forcreating base Leopard OS images for laptops vs. desktops in regards tonetworking settings, Airport, modems, etc. All of our desktop machines are connected via Ethernet and none...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Updates

Okay, this may have been covered in the list already, but since I just started "watching" in April, I haven't seen it. I wanted to find out how everyone is handling Adobe updates to the CS3 suite. Specifically, how are you figuring out what Adobe upd...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

What sort of policies are you using?

Hey all, I'd like to start a thread about the types of tasks we're accomplishing using the Casper policy engine so we can hopefully get some time saving ideas from each other. I have policies that do the following; - pmset script to wake at 8pm (scop...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shockwave and Rosetta - still need a command

The application misbehaves with Shockwave 11, and the Shockwave XTRA plugin (a plugin to a plugin?) that allows printing from Shockwave either does not work with Shockwave 11, or does not work without rosetta enabled. Either way, it doesn't work. For...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

leopard migration

So, summer projects here....and you guessed it we are migrating toLeopard (well i guess the subject of the email tipped you off). here is what I have to do with my co-workers over the summer Upgrade about 20 Xserves to 10.5 as well as 5,600 to 5,800 ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

In Regards to Shockwave and Rosetta

Did you know that Shockwave was updated recently for Intel ? http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do? externalId=82216d24&sliceId=1 It's version 11. Roger Corbin  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Bind problem

We are just starting to use Casper in production and have found that theAD Bind adds the domain to the contacts tab and in Leopard allows users tosee all the directory information of all students and faculty. Doesanyone know how I can remove the doma...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash 9 issues

Ok... We have been working on creating a Flash 9 Universal Binary packagefrom Adobe. I have manually created the package as well as used Casper'spre-built packages but users still get prompted to install Flash 9 whilebrowsing. I have manually verifie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMART status question

Wondering why several computers are reported as being added to or removedfrom SMART status on a daily basis. I don't see any patterns - sometimesit's the same computer being added/removed with no specific time periodbetween modifications and sometime...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh

Anyone using SAV Symantec Anti Virus corporate version We are using Symantec Administration Console for Macintosh and it is a pain.Does anyone have a way to Kill it and use Casper to insure clients are up todate. ThanksRicky  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 file format script

Hello all, I just thought I'd share a script I put together to set Office 2008 apps tosave their files in .doc, .xls and .ppt file formats. In our organization,the Windows environment is not yet using Office 2007, and we don't know whatour external p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script won't run at login

Hi, I have a script that won't run on login. I get the log below. The script is on the server and will run if I send it out via Casper. I am running 5.13, but it seems that jamf is not updated until the second login. The script still fails to run the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors