Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Application Usage Logs

Dear All We are in the early days of our Casper Suite usage - and I am seeing that about 50 machines are not updating their Application Usage Logs. Well have never sent any info up.Any ideas why that might be? The machine connects up, and runs the in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retail DVD, Mac OSX with Casper Imaging - errors

Gang, I've hit an impasse and can't seem to use Casper Imaging withinstalling the 10.4.6 retail version of the OSX DVD. My goal: have asimple way to take deployed Macs and erase/re-image with the stockconfig that would come from using the DVD install...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine mail client usage

Is there an easy way to determine if our users are Mail.app users or Entourage users? We have Entourage deployed on every Mac and Mail.app comes with every Mac. We're trying to determine which users need the patches for Entourage quickly vs the users...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd Active Directory group behavior

Hi- Our new Macs with 10.6.2 are being deployed on our Active Directory domain.We're specifying in the AD-plugin group(s) that should be allowed toadminister the computer if a member logs in, such as our help desk and localIT folks (if a group is equ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run jamf displayMessage from user-run application?

Hi all, I'm building an Automator application that mounts a group of servers forsome of our creative users, but the script is using the bash smbclient,thus the user must have a Kerberos ticket. I'm checking for a Kerberos ticket like this: kerbTicket...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

not binding at reboot

I am frequently having machines that aren't binding at reboot. It issomething that we have dealt with here for quite some time. Even before Icame to the organization in fact. The way we are doing binding is that there is an "At Reboot" script thatsim...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run jamf displayMessage from user-runapplication?

Hi Tom, thanks for the idea! We are managing with Casper MCX, bound to AD, and using Kerberos tickets. I'm not even looking to pre-populate any data (actually in Kerberos everything should be pre-populated except for the user's password already). Jus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running JSS on a virtualized server?

Is anyone running the JSS on a virtualized server? We had some modestsuccess with our testing on a "real" test server, but since the JSS wasmigrated to an Xserve running multiple virtual servers under Fusion, we'vebeen unable to NetBoot/NetRestore wi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

defaults output data

I have a UNIX command I can feed to our Macs that returns value of 0 or 1. Using the defaults read command on a plist reports the output. I use awk to just show me that a machine has 0 or 1. My question is, is there a way to have Casper report that i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin Packages Read-Only

I am running Casper Suite 7.2 on Mac OS X Server 10.6.2 with a Mac OS X 10.6.2 client trying to run Casper Admin. After I authenticate (either as my self or admin), an error pops up saying, "The Packages folder appears to be read only. Casper Admin i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Couple of interesting things happening

I'm at a loss as to how/why things are happening like they are on a fewmachines here, so I'll turn to the group and see if anyone else hasseen/dealt with some of these issues. 1) Mysterious missing administrator access.On a few machines (including 1 ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

create local user account at login

Hello everyone, I am new to your community so please excuse me if I am unfamiliar with the posting protocols. Here is my question: Does anyone have a script that can be implemented as a login-hook to create local accounts on the client computer? My d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Portable Home Accounts Not Syncing

Hey, not a Casper question, but something that Jonah suggested I posted. I notice that there have been posts from other users using Portable Home Accounts and as such, can only think that others have had to work around this. I have configured a Golde...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stuck Policies going nowhere

Howdy all, I have a policy called Force Recon {All Computers > Once per > triggered by every 5 mins (Scheduled task I made randomize by 1 minute runs as Root)}All this policy does is Update Inventory (Recon)I made this policy 24 hrs ago and been runn...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facebook Group

Figure I'd see if anyone was interested in this. I'd be glad to see faces of the people I correspond with on this mailing list. Might be a good way to better network with another and share similar issues on this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing a space "\ " in a variable for a sh

Hi all, Yep it's time for my daily question. This one should be easy!! We rename all our startup disks X. So I've written a little script to do this. It's basically; sudo -u $AdminUser -p $AdminPassword diskutil rename $CurrentVolumeName $NewVolumeNa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update: Auto reboots from Safari 4.0.5 update?

I created a policy similar to our Apple updating one and removed check for Apple updates and have instead make it install PGP Desktop which requires a reboot. So substitute one action for another but both require a reboot. Set to 600 minutes. The PGP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 - Smartgroups not updating

Has anyone noticed that smart groups are not updating instantly after updating to 7.2 when a machine matches the criteria of the group? If I go in to edit the group, it updates, but not automatically. Paul AustinEnd User Computing Wells Fargo Corpora...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually Assign IPs with Autorun?

Hello, Has anyone ever successfully manually assigned an IP address to the airport of a Mac with Autorun settings when imaging with Casper 7? I am working on a 10.6 image to push out to several laptops, but I'd like to manually assign an IP to the ai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto reboots from Safari 4.0.5 update?

I've noticed an issue on both 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 systems. I have a policy that:- Forces a machine to check for Apple updates and install any if needed- If any of the updates require a reboot, users get a message notifying them of the update, and to re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS imaging issues

Yep another question from yours truly. I'm having some issues installing 10.6 using the custom OS install options in Casper admin. I've created 3 x OS dmg's, ( one from apple retail DVD, another from mac dev center & a third from a core i7 iMac DVD)....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Macbook 6,1's

Greetings all. I've got sixty white, unibody Macbooks that will be going out shortly and I've found myself stumped over slight... personality issues with them. Regardless of how I prep the image, the result is the same: the Macbook installs the base ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 update of JSS

Dear all,After updating to 7.2 (happened the same on 7.0 to 7.1) , when using Casper Imaging (7.2) it tells me the Distribution Point cannot be mounted So after restarting the server it worked. Has anyone had the same issue? Is there a more straight ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

raw mysql query source for saved search

So I'm looking to access the data directly in the jamfsoftware db to sidestep some of the clunkiness in the web GUI. A lot of you will probably ask why. I need to generate a report that basically includes the following specs: - search for a given app...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

version 7.2 distribution point replication bug?

I just updated to version 7.2 and when i try to replicate my shares from the master to my distribution points, it will not allow me to select more than one any more. It will replicate the first one, and then error out saying it cannot mount the rest ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors