Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Local Distribution Point

Hello, I have a question regarding the file sharing distribution point. If I put my file server on the local network as the main distribution point, will the cloud distribution take over if my local server is not reachable?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error creating recipe override

Hello everyone! I am reaching out again. The community has always been helpful! If possible I could use a little more helpError creating recipe override file/Users/macadmin/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeRepos/com.github.autopkg.jss•recipes/Google Drive/Googl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

One off scheduled reboot option ... ?

Hi,Apologies for the new question, but searching through previous posts, I can't seem to find anything this specific.I need to come up with a way of scheduling a one off reboot of our Student Lab Mac's.We've some work planned that mean the Mac's will...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Enrolling Machines

Hello JAMF Nation, We've been getting a lot of errors this morning on enrolling machines. Self Service is not being pushed down, along with some policies we have set to push on enrollment. Is there an issue going on with JAMF at the moment? We got Se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling/re-enabling Remote Desktop via Jamf Pro

I've got an issue with Screen Sharing on to a lab of Macs where the screen is completely black apart from the cursor moving being visable. Using Screen Sharing via Finder or using the Apple Remote Desktop application presents this issue. The only fix...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

System preferences settings after Policy install

This might be something simple that I am not seeing, I apologize for it if it is. We deploy the slack and zoom client installer policy to everyone upon enrollment which has been working just fine but when doing remote troubleshooting with employees v...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 packages, 1 policy

This might be an easy one: Can jamf policies install 2 related packages from a single policy? If yes, how would I enforce which one gets installed first?Specific scenario information: I'm installing Sony Image Edge/Sony Image Desktop, which is downlo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog is missing

Currently on 10.39. After upgrading, we noticed that the Jamf App Catalog no longer shows as an option under Mac Apps, nor are the ones I already had set up. Was this feature removed? Do I need to roll back to 10.37?  View more

macapps.png macapps2.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

EndPoint Protector & Jamf Connect

Hi AllIs anybody using Endpoint Protector in the macOS space for Data Loss Prevention? If so, are you using Jamf Connect / Directory Services?We're currently running a POC of the product, and have found we're unable to map the locally created macOS a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing MATALB R2022a via Self Service

Hey everyone, Before I get started, I just want to say that I am taking over our macOS environment as a primary Windows admin. With that said, I have pretty good knowledge about JAMF and the macOS ecosystem. Now that we have that cleared up, any help...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf and Intune coexistence

Hello. This is more of a Microsoft question, but i'm not having luck down that route yet. We want Jamf Cloud to manage all of our institutionally owned iPads with MDM. We want Intune to manage all user-owned Apple devices with Application Protection ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Jamf turn on Remote Login by default?

New to Jamf and I noticed Remote Login (System Preferences > Sharing) is already checked after starting up a new computer after a prestige enrollment. I don't have many config profiles and I looked through them nothing with a payload that would turn ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iphones factory resets

Hi all!We have been having a very strange problem for a while, the iphones without touching the buttons or starting the recovery mode are formatted from the factory. It does not happen to us in all the iphones devices that we have in Jamf but we have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Query on Apple ID

This is my first post on Jamfnation :)I have couple of questions when it comes to Apple ID or Managed Apple ID 1. Max how many iOS devices i can setup with same Apple ID ? As per few articles "You can have ten devices (no more than five computers) as...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local User Profile not creating all Folders

Our Mac's are DEP and we're using NoMAD to authenticate users with AD. We've recently noticed an issue where when someone logs into a Mac where they don't have a local user profile it's not creating all of the home directory folders. It's missing the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro Self Service App

I have the following issue.I want to deploy the Self Service App and bought it in the Apple Business Manager.In the Settings in JamfPro I configured it to "install automatically"Now sometimes Self Service works as intended, where I can find the apps ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf lock

it has jamf but company went out of business i don't know what to do can anyone help  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Cached Policy

Hi all, Is it feasible to have individual policies that install cached installation files of programs that then will be queued off and installed via a global policy that checks in to install all cached policies on devices?Currently, I run two policie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Azure AD, SSO, and New Device Setup

We recently migrated to Jamf Cloud and using Azure AD as our Cloud Identity Provider and Single Sign-On solution. It works well enough, but we have a weird situation. We're sticking pretty close to Microsoft's documentation on it, which can be found ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors