Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

iPads Disable quicknotes? / Spotlight?

Hello, We are blocking some Apple standard apps on our iPads. So we also disabled Notes (com.apple.mobilenotes)I don't see the app, i can search it at Siri-Suggestions or Spotlight not sure how its called but cannot open it.But sometimes when i touch...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

On-Prem JSS - Multiple Tomcats on Single server?

Greetings - I've been tasked with researching setting up an externally accessible Tomcat server for each of our JSS servers. This is so our current JSS servers don't need to be externally accessible from our networks. As there already exists standard...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro full disk access PPPC not working

 I'm completely lost here, I have tried PPPC utility (downloaded from jamf github), manually creating PPPC in other tools and jamfcloud console, and even tried to edit tcc.db in /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db .I tested few apps amo...  View more

스크린샷 2022-07-20 오후 7.10.17.png 스크린샷 2022-07-20 오후 7.15.54.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching configurations on log in and log out

Is there a way to swap one configuration for another, depending on if a user is signed in or not?We have some laptops, and really want to set them up as multi user devices, which for us will mean signing in using NoMad. For this to work, we will need...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Restriction Profile Payload- Apple store

In my config,Device Restriction Profile Payload- Apple store is enabled but device it gives and Error on device that Apple Store is not available. From profile deployment status it does say that profile is applied to device. Before the apple store wa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code42 Crashplan installer and Jamf

Has anyone been able to make a Code42 CrashPlan installer in Composer? I'm trying to do that for version 10.2.0 of Code42 and it fails. I notice that there are some Code42-related files that change after the installation is done, so I'm thinking that...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Certificate via Jamf

Our network team requires that we push machine ethernet/wi-fi profiles for ISE compliance to our Macs. We use Centrify to join our Macs to AD and push certs. They're no longer able to push machine profiles after the release of Big Sur (Apple GP chang...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Admin not connecting to JAMF Pro Server

Is anyone able to login to JAMF Admin with JAMF being cloud hosted?I keep trying but each time I login to the JAMF Admin application and enter my username/password and click OK, the login box disappears and reappears again for me to enter password ag...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Meraki Systems Agent Deployment

We use Meraki in our environment and have been able to deploy previous versions of the Systems Agent via Policy from Jamf without issue. With the current version 3.1.3 downloaded from our Meraki dashboard, the policy installation via Jamf fails. When...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding Config Profile with DEPNotify

I would like to start binding machines using a config profile. Are any of you using it with DEPNotify? Currently I have AD binding done with a script that DEPNotify runs after setting the machine's name. How do you 'trigger' the config profile with a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error uploading iBook to Jamf Pro

Hi All,I have never done this before, but I am trying to upload an iBook that I download from the App store (free book). Every time I attach the file to upload it to my cloud distribution point, it is complaining that I am uploading a ibooks.zip file...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acknowledged Status on Jamf Connect deployment?

Working on deploying and updating Jamf Connect in our environment.Found out in Jamf Pro I could deploy Jamf Connect and updates in the Jamf Application settings based off my configuration profile. I configured for "Automatically Deploy and Update Jam...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

"Remote Management" when enrolling devices

MorningMinor detail but as I sit as batches of devices update I thought I'd explore this.On the "Remote Management" screen, it says "your organization" can automatically configure your computer. Where is the variable stored that displays here? I've l...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Device Registration Loop

Trialling Jamf Pro to manage a small number of iOS devices. We are setting up Jamf to work with Intune per setup guides. We have some support from Jamf but struggling to get a solution to this one. Currently waiting on a response so thought worth ask...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad - Self Service portal disappears

Ipad gets resetstart the setup process.On the home screen I can see the self service portal start to install then it disappearsIf I open up settings, I can see it installed on the left side at the very bottom. Shows me what version is installedIf I o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find Macs NOT assigned to a site

We have a couple dozen Sites defined with Macs assigned accordingly. The problem is we have a bunch of Macs that are NOT assigned to any Sites. I'm trying to figure out how to craft a search or smart group to show me all Macs that are assigned to "No...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS User Enrollment: No serial number

I am running into an issue where my iOS devices are not logging a serial number after Account-driven enrollment. I have enrolled multiple devices, but the Serial Number does not get reported in the Jamf Pro console. VPP licenses will not apply to iOS...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH Weak Message Authentication Code Algorithms

Our risk/vulnerability software kept flagging my Macs server with a low risk "SSH Weak Message Authentication Code Algorithms". I didn't see any Mac specific articles out there. Posting the "fix" that worked for my environment here. By default macOS ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Problems with Check Point Endpoint Security

Does anyone here have experience with Check Point Endpoint Security on macOS? We are trying to deploy it on our macs but have some problems with it:1. We can't use kernel extensions since Jamf does not install them on M1 macs (or whatever the conditi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Custom IOS App

Greeting everyone,I am working on a custom jamf ios app. I don't know if it is okay to deploy to App Store or not. I am asking this because I want to see if anyone has already tried this or not?Thank you  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post-Enrollment Autologin with Monterey 12.4

We are using PreStage Enrollment and want to skip setup and have the first login to be Autologin with the created user during PreStage Enrollment so the rest of the Jamf policies can finish before the first Network user logs in.Has anyone done this b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors