Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Problem deploying a package with installer

Hello, I'm trying to deploy a package with the installer command and i"m getting some errors. I've tried doing cd /tmp as the other issue suggested but that still wouldn't work. Currently I have a policy that caches the package on the endpoint at a l...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Teacher

Hi,I have problems with the configuration of Jamf Teacher.I have activated it in Jamf Pro, correctly configure the App with the script given by Jamf.actionupdateTokendeviceUDID$UDIDapiUrl$DAS_URLjamfProAuthjamfProUrl$JPS_URLauthCode$OAUTH_AUTH_CODEap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to grey out the Automatic Updates in App Store for Mac

Hi All,We just recently deployed Jamf Pro & Jamf Connect to our organization (to more than 100 Macbooks and iMac).We recently decide to open App Store and let our user to download and install apps that they purchase by themselves. However, we setup t...  View more

N30_0-1644791380841.png N30_1-1644791478437.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment complete vs recurring checkin

Hi, Question: how does Enrollment complete checkin works vs recurring checking? What is the best standard practice for deploying policies as the machine complete prestage process and login occurs for first time? I want to be able to deploy numerous s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set initial passcode then restrict changing it

We are trying to setup some of our field iPads to have a passcode, but then restrict the user from being able to change the passcode. We have a payload that requires a 6 digit passcode on all our iOS devices. I tried a couple things and have not had ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Extensions vs Kernel Extensions

Hello all I am in the middle of cleaning up our config profiles due to some including kernel, PPPC and system extensions and we are seeing issues because of this. My plan is to break all the profiles into seperate ones for PPPC,kernel ext and sys ext...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Intune VPP location or only Jamf server token

Hello, I am moving from MS Intune over to Jamf. We have established VPP connection with Intune already enable. I added the new location for Jamf, and now have two server tokens. Can I use the Jamf server token to establish VPP with Jamf Pro? Do I nee...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

dscl command not returning user’s AD information

We use a script (runs once) triggered during computer setup to find the logged in user’s AD information. We test (If/Then) for the user’s membership in our “Faculty and Staff” or our “Students” OU and flag the computer accordingly. But something is f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grouping multi-user devices

The basic question is: how are you grouping and organizing your devices, and how do you keep them separated?Historically, we have used Pre-Stage Enrollment as the starting point for grouping everyone. We are also an Active Directory school. So I star...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Departments getting removed from Mobile Devices

We are noticing the Departments in User and Location inventory getting removed automatically for Mobile Devices. We manually update the Department in User and Location but it gets removed as soon as the device updates inventory. We are not noticing t...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

App Inventory collection - Docker Desktop

Hello,I am a novice when it comes to JAMF and am wondering if there is a way I can run a report that gathers all of the installs of "Docker Desktop." Once discovered, I would like to see if its possible to set the application to auto update  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployment of McAfee and permissions

Hello,I have some issues with deploying McAfee from ePO.So far I managed to deploy and install eveyrthing on end user device, but there are some pop-ups for user to enable some security features like granting full disks read permissions or web filter...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Kaseya with Jamf Pro Cloud

Hi all!I have been tasked with installing Kaseya VAS through Jamf Pro at my agency. I want to avoid the why question, cause I know you will feel the same way I do!When I try to create the package in Composer with a snapshot, it will create the pkg, b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Turn Off Automatic App Updates on Specific App - IPAD

Is there a way to turn off Automatic Force Updates on a specific app? I am able to disable it through the "App Maintenance" settings but it disables it for all the apps. In this case, I only need one app to stop updating on its own. When I enter the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Notify and Monterey 12.2+3 Python call

I have been trying to sus out what is calling Python2(deprecated path) in my deployment workflow as we now get the JAMF Agent error that many others are seeing. I have finally narrowed it down as to where it is...yet no idea how to correct it. it loo...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Apple IDs

Is there a way to turn off the Apple ID requirement on managed mobile devices? Many of our managed devices are shared devices, not given to an individual user. Thank you.Kevin  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro (cloud) dashboard doesn't load

Hi everyone. My Jamf Pro dashboard doesn't load, it always just sits there with the loading circle. I have tried it in Safari and Firefox, which didn't help. I don't entirely know when the problem started happening, but I think it was when I renamed ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Citrix or adobe with homebrew from JAMF

I am getting an error using the scripts pointing to permissions. I have tried the below #!/bin/shloggedInUser=`python -c 'from SystemConfiguration import SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser; import sys; username = (SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser(None, None,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro API creating a new policy

Hello,I have a question regarding the policy creation endpoint. It specifies that you need to supply the ID of the new policy, however if I supply it 0, it'll just automatically find out what the previous max ID was and increment it by one. Which is ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope policy to Azure AD group PI

I know there was a PI issue for not being able to scope policies to Azure AD groups at check-in. If you signed into Self Service and had the policy set for Self Service it would work, but setting the policy to check-in with scope to All Computers and...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Erase Disk

So I have booted this Macbook into disk utillity and selected view all disks. When I next go to Erase disk..I press the button but it does nothing... very odd and fustrating.. anyone know why?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors