Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Mac Device Un-enroll

I am looking for option or script, before Un-enrolling the MAC I would like to remove all the application removed and unenrollKindly share some of ideas or solution if anyone already implementedRegards,Girish  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI # Filevault vulnerabilities

We have set EFI password on our Mac laptops using Jamf policy. Many of our users are locked randomly.Issue mainly happened when battery is drained out and laptop fall into sleep mode for 5 hours. One Ac adapter is replugged, the Mac might try to boot...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide Settings icon in iPads

I'm setting up a number of new iPads and using Jamf Pro. I've got them configured mostly how I want, but because these will be used in a classroom environment I need to hide the Settings icon to stop people fiddling. How can I do this?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing Movies using Jamf Pro and ASM

Hi all, We are fairly new to using Jamf Pro and and we need to distribute a film to a handful of A Level pupils. I have purchased it using iTunes and gifted it to one of the pupils, but she is unable to open it, since we have restricted (removed) usi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force update MacOS on all end users Machines

Hi,I tried to force update MacOS on a MacBook using this command sudo softwareupdate -ia -R --background --forcebut it only showed a notification on the screen instead of starting the installation. how can I bulk update devices using a command that d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log4j Vulnerability jar upgrade

Hello,I have detected Log4j vulnerability on our 200 machines.I have an issue upgrading the jar file.I can delete /Users/*/Library/Aternity/Agent/lib/log4j-core-2.13.3.jarHowever I do not know how to replace/override it with log4j-core-2.17.1.jar. Ho...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User migration with DEPNotify

I have some new machines coming in for users and wondering best approach to get user data from the old machines.Using DEP and a prestage the user creates their accounts and wondering is a migration assistant restore post DEPnotify enrollment would me...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Screen Mirroring show in menubar

Hi,Our fleet has just jumped from Catalina to Monterey and our users are struggling to locate the screen mirroring "Show in menu Bar" tickbox. Ideally I would just like a script to enable this or our users. I have trieddefaults write ~/Library/Prefer...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

O365 Install missing Teams

Hi Guys I updated the PKG for latest 0365 but it does seem to install Teams anymore as part of enrolment. got the file from same place i always get itwhen i run the pkg locally Teams is thereAny guidance would be appreciated  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Lock API

Has anyone implemented Recovery Lock on M1 devices using the API successfully ? Could someone share their script if so?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reenroller - MDM Profile

I'm looking for ways to migrate existing machines into our JAMF Pro implementation. Utopia would have us erase the machines and re-enrol through DEP. Out thinking is we will do this as part of our hardware refresh cycle. In the meantime I've been loo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store apps suck installing

I've got a couple of Mac App Store apps scoped to all computers (iMovie and GarageBand). The apps are set to automatically install and are licensed through VPP.The apps install successfully in most cases, however if the computer they're being install...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Patch Managment

Hey guys,So I've created my first patch management policy and it doesn't want to work and I was hoping someone could help me out.I want to update Blender from 2.8 to 3.0.0. I checked out the notes to do so for 10.35 and also found a YouTube video fro...  View more

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

What does Jamf have permission to see on my system?

So my new job uses Jamf Pro according to the policy. I was wondering if the policy description is all Jamf can actually do. Currently it does not say it is allowed to capture my screen. Does this mean it is impossible for jamf to capture my screen un...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Macs to ABM

I thought I would share a guide I made on how to add Macs to ABM.https://github.com/kylejericson/JAMF/blob/master/Guides/Adding%20Macs%20to%20ABM.pdf  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

WDAV and AnyConnect

With the latest build of WDAV 101.54.16 and Cisco Anyconnect, anyone seeing issues with the WDAV network filter causing DNS/stability of your VPN connections? We have an open ticket with Microsoft.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors