Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

macOS Vulnerability: httpd

One of the many tasks under my scope is patching of vulnerabilities on macOS systems. Recently every single machine has been flagged for having a vulnerable version of "httpd" to which there doesn't appear to be a path toward remediation aside from u...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Big Sur Operation Not Pemitted

Hey JAMF Fam. I have an issue where When trying to deploy an Intel Mac with Big Sur, all of my policies are failing on "Operation not Permitted". JAMF is up to date (10.28) and the packages work fine with Catalina and Apple Silicone Based Big Sur Mac...  View more

c7d4c8051dab4000a8f9a0e8de28f8c1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aidrop 11.3.1

Hello, I'm trying to script to enable aidrop for but it doesn't work going through a policy.Aidrop remains deactivated #!/bin/bash defaults write com.apple.sharingd DiscoverableMode "Everyone" Thanks for your help,  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local admin account has no permissions

I have been searching for an answer, but coming up empty. Our prestage enrollment creates a local admin account for our tech services department but under Big Sur that account is created with no permissions to access anything on the disk. We can log ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Refreshing menu bar

All, I created a little script to remove an application from a computer and it works well. However, the icon for the application remains in the menu bar. Is there a way to refresh the menu bar? I am thinking almost like killing the dock and having it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro Azure AD

I followed the documentation but maybe i'm missing something simple. How does it redirect to azure ad? I can't seem to get it to recognize it should be an sso login. When I test from Azure it just brings me to the login page. Is there anything I need...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Chrome Settings to disable Javascript

Looking for a way to manage Chrome browser preferences on all of our company devices. Preferably if there is a way to create a configuration profile or custom app install with the specified preferences. The main preference change would be to have jav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac devices enrolling as unmanaged

Hey has has anyone ran into an issue where as soon as a device is enrolled with Jamf, the device appears as unmanaged in the Jamf instance? Our team has tried clearing the entry in Jamf, removing the profile, running "sudo jamf removeFramework" , and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Learning jamf process

First time user. Complete career change after Covid . I start working with a reseller at the end of the month . I’m trying to learn jamf so that I have a basic understanding when I start. There is so much to learn which is amazing : I guess I want to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure identity provider - Group mapping issue

So I setup Azure as identity provider, which was easy - today we have nothing LDAP setup, so shouldn´t be any conflicts When I test the user mapping it works fine, and I can lookup my usernameIf I try with group It does not work. In azure I have a gr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Script for Signing PKGs

Hi, I built and tested a script that takes the labour out of signing PKGs (required for things like auto-mounting network shares via a script and partner LaunchAgent, amongst other things). I call it 'ASP' (Auto-Sign Packages). The dream is to get a ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP token Mac applications

Setting up token for Mac VPP in Jamf is no problem. But how do you do it nowadays in School Manager / Business Manager? I've tried to search the web without any good success. I'm only looking for some help how to create the tokens in ASM.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect + Azure AD Config Help

I'm trying to configure Jamf Connect using the Jamf Connect Configurator and need help. I've got the app setup in Azure AD per the admin guide but am finding no helpful information about building the .plist file. Does anyone have a config guide? Jamf...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications for new software

Is there a way to send a notification to a user when there's a new version of software with a patch management definition? My goal is to provide a relatively unobtrusive notification that simply informs them of new software. It could be an email, a t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ClamAV automated install

has anyone here attempted to Automate installing ClamAV? I have been tasked with that at my organization, but I am struggling with it. Any recommendations on how to go about this? Should I compile it, attempt to use brew to install it? Thanks, Dan  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management stays at 0% for OS versions

We use the patch management to keep track of the different version that people run for macOS.I noticed it didn't update latest available version (it was stuck on 11.2.3) I removed the one we have which is now marked as legacy.But the patch management...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary admin rights

Hello, in my company we would like to have the possibility to give users temporary admin rights on their Macs, for this I have already found this script : https://github.com/jamf/MakeMeAnAdmin but unfortunately the currently logged in user is not pro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off Auto Time Zone in Big Sur

So I am having trouble turning OFF the Auto Time Zone setting in Big Sur. Most of the other discussions are centered around turning this ON but I want to turn it OFF as this is for ethernet connected lab deployments (we turn off WiFI). I tried taking...  View more

bbfefb8d1afe43a3b697942bca710cbf
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook's not checking in

Hi We have a bunch of macbooks we want to enrol into JAMF just to manage updates and software etc. I've manually enrolled them through the URL for JAMF Cloud, all seems well, and downloaded the profile and installed, i can see them in JAMF but they d...  View more

5da1e6cb703c4f1ab596e17c27943db5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acceptable Use Policy Pop up

Hey all,I've been starting to play around with putting an acceptable use policy pop up during the login process. Unfortunately we cannot afford JAMF connect, and I don't love the Apple Policy Banner that displays each time the machine reboots. I'd ra...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors