Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

The weirdest thing I've ever seen...

I’m unsure if this is a Jamf or macOS support matter, but we’re seeing EXTREMELY PECULIAR behaviour enrolling a specific computer into Jamf. The computer, after user creation completes and the desktop appears works fine, but following a reboot and lo...  View more

027bf758915b48d0998804e681582ca5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x using System Mode

Hi, Just wondering if there is a way to do 802.1x to Wifi using Jamf in System Mode System Mode: Used for computer authentication and occurs even when a user isn’t logged in to the Mac See https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/deployment-reference-ma...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

mobileconfig and passwords

Hi does anyone know how passwords are stored when a mobileconfig profile are passed from MDM server to the client? more specific, when joining an AD using a mobileconfig file is the username / password in clear text so the end user can see it or will...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Account Permissions for File Attachments

I'm trying to utilize a script that will upload a file as an attachment to a computer. I'm trying to figure out the minimum necessary permissions to accomplish this. I used an admin account and was able to upload fine, but when I try to use a lower-p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM Push Notification Certificate

Hello, yesterday installed new Jamf, Ubuntu 20.04 / 10.28.0-t1615386406.Setup ldap (without ssl), install trusted certificate for ssl, and install push certificate. When I go to push cert setting, edit, and press test button - i have error: The conne...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Browser Reset for iPads

Hello Jamf Nation! I have a need to find a way to have a web browser clear all history and active sessions when a browser is closed (home button pressed), or the iPad is locked or goes to sleep. Private Web Browser is one option found here: https://a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro Live Known Issues List

Hi Jamf Nation, I’m a member of the technical communications team here at Jamf. Our team had some questions about how you use the Jamf Pro Live Known Issues list so we can improve your experience: If you use the Jamf Pro Live Known Issues list, what ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.28.0 Database Update Incomplete?

I am seeing some odd behavior after updating to Jamf Pro 10.28.0. After the upgrade on our cluster master completed, the Tomcat service started and connected to the database server as normal, and began making whatever database changes are usually don...  View more

94e3a8e67d214a82b489847ffc805380
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Trend Version issue

I tweaked out an EA to show the Trend Apex One AV version, however, out of 80+ machines it only returns the version value for one. What am I missing here? #!/bin/sh # Returns the "Product Version" of the installed client, if found if [ -d /Library/Ap...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina Install interruption

We have been trying to get our users to upgrade to Catalina for several months. I have the installer pushed to their Applications and made a kickstart in Self Service that installs Catalina (agree to license, no interaction). Now the time has come wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hidden Admin Acccount

In the past, we have never hidden the admin account. I'm testing with it hidden. One problem I have noticed is that when I had to go to Startup Security on a T2 enabled MacBook Pro I had to enter a user password. The only user available in the dropdo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jabra Direct Kernal Extension

I need to whitelist Jabra Direct in a Configuration Profile since they're still using a kernal extension, but I've been unable to get the Team ID and Kernal Extension Bundle name from Jabra Enterprise Support (they read whitelist and think I'm trying...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to deploy to /Library/Desktop Pictures

Hello Community, after reading a lot of posts about how to set a wallpaper for the desktop, I still have not found the solution for my problem: I created a package wich contains a picture.jpg. This package (picture) should be installed to the directo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

UIE Big Sur Help

I'm trying to perform a UIE after learning that you cannot use a QuickAdd package to enroll a Big Sur machine. I have a local user on our cloud jss and am able to enroll. However, when I open Self Service, it prompts me to approve the profile, howeve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 14.0.1 for 10.14?

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have the direct link (if it's still active) to Apple for Safari 14.0.1 for Mojave? A dev team needs to troubleshoot that specific version/OS.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV's continually prompting for passcode

Hey there,Currently at a 7-12 school where we have all students with macbooks and Apple TV's in every classroom for presenting. We have an issue where the Apple TV's are continuously prompting for passcodes during teachers already being connected to ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Method to Set Trusted Server List

Hi Folks, First time poster here on JAMF Nation. In short, in an Educational Environment I am mounting a single SMB File Share through a Policy that then runs the following script: https://gist.github.com/adamchilcott/2634a899f361bc1a8a157fa3a26a3599...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to hide "Password hint: (Recommended)" box?

Our Security team has asked if the "Password hint: (Recommended)" box can be hidden on the password change window in System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Change Password If so, how? Haven't found any discussions here asking for this, and Google is...  View more

65bcc323a54242d0880612e3be74a52b
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Office via mac store with auth creds

I'm interested to find out if the following is possible:- Deploy Microsoft 365 mac store applications (e.g Excel) purchased via apple business manager- Deploy authentication credentials for Office business 365 subscription This would result in the a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors