Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Firmware/EFI passwords on M1-based Macs?

We deploy an EFI password on all our Macs to prevent end users rebuilding their own devices, turning off SIP, etc. The policy fails on new M1 devices and there doesn't appear to be any documented way of securing the recovery boot menu?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Wireless with AD bound Machine Authentication

We are using 802.1X Wireless with AD Bound Macs. I am unable to get it to Use the Machine AD Account in the KeyChain that gets added when you Bind to AD. If I look at the account in the KeyChain and grab the user name and password, I am able to manua...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS: only allow VPP purchased apps from App Store

Hi,We're just trying to setup Jamf for the first time and have struck a slight issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has tried and can confirm if possible to do or not?We are looking at blocking the general Apple App Store and only allowing approve...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring NTP/Time Zone settings in Big Sur

I am banging my head against the wall with this one and I feel a though the solution should be simple. I read that Jamf Pro 10.26 is supposed to be able to permit enabling NTP/time zone settings without needing location services turned on. However, f...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles Failing to Install

I have been trying to install a configuration profile for our Cortex XDR agent so that the agent can install without requiring anything from the end user. It works on most of the computers, but there are a number of computers that have the following ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Protect Custom Analytics

I'm a new customer of Jamf Protect and have to keep my macs secure according to PCI compliance as well as CIS 20 and starting to move towards ISO 27001.Does anyone have any good custom analytics that they've built for meeting compliance and best prac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Guest User issues in Catalina and Big Sur

I've seen a few other posts about this online, but we are having problems with the Guest User account not working on our Catalina and Big Sur machines. Guest is enabled and it shows in System Prefs that Guest is enabled. It just wont log in. I've tri...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mac M1 Java and iSeries TN5250j

I know I am pushing the envelope here but was wondering if a fellow admin (maybe from IBM) can point me to a working solution for the TN5250j emulator and working Java version. Our ERP system is iSeries based and I rely heavily on my day-to-day tasks...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Unable to Save Keychain Items

We just got our first M1 MacBook, I was able to get it enrolled, and my AD profile installed. Everything looks pretty good in my local admin account, but once I login to an AD account I am unable to save any keychain items to the local/login keychain...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Unable to Save Keychain Items

We just got our first M1 MacBook, I was able to get it enrolled, and my AD profile installed. Everything looks pretty good in my local admin account, but once I login to an AD account I am unable to save any keychain items to the local/login keychain...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How Does Software Update Work With Deferral Settings?

Hi,I'm wondering how software update deferral settings impact Software Update on both macOS and iOS. Right now, I have a config profile that defers software updates for up to 30 days. Then, on macOS, I have a policy that runs Software Update during c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Policy Delay

I'm kicking off DEPNotify for non-DEP machines using the enrollment trigger. It works fine except that in many cases the time from enrollment to when it kicks off is 5 minutes or more. Is there a way to reduce that or add something so that once it's ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Profile randomly fails

Hi All, We use ISL for remote assistance. I added a new line as per ISL supports guidance but then the PPPC profile started to fail on random devices. I've removed the additional line but the profile is still failing on random devices. The error in t...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Nomad Login and samAccountNames over 20 characters

Hi, I am trying to implement Nomad Login AD for the first time to create our user accounts. I have it all working except for instances where the username is over 20 characters as this is truncated in AD. Does anyone have a solution for this? For othe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware VMs duplicate MACs

So I know Jamf doesn't officially support enrolling VMs. I've found that running QuickAdd pre-macOS 11, works and the machine enrolls. Running User Initiated Enrollment, you need to set the computer model to a real mac model in order for the VM to no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

App icon from command line

I am looking for a command line way to extract the icon from an app. Any ideas? Apps in Big Sur do not necessarily have an icns file in the app bundle. (I’m looking at you System Preferences)  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Computer Group, Criteria, File Size

So this is useful for 1 thing I know of. Google Chrome, which on some machines merges versions instead of overwriting the file. If we could add file size/size range, then we could add that if it gets 300mb or larger, we know it's merged data & needs ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managing inactive machines

On Windows devices, its easy to break domain trust after a certain period of time, and I understand the impact that will have on the device. This makes it easier to protect data on old machines that a random associate might decide to "keep" after it ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Clean out icons from Jamf Cloud instance?

I know there's a FR that's been open forever and a day to request the ability to manage icons from within JSS:https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/1474/manage-self-service-policy-icons Within the discussion for that FR, there is some tal...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors