Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

I beg of you for SecureToken assistance.

Our prestage enrollment is set to create a hidden admin account and sets the account created via Setup Assistant to be a standard account. Here's the catch-22 I've run into: The hidden admin account will only get a SecureToken if it is the first acco...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Package reverts to previous version

After a lot of trying I managed to finally get a prestage package installed, after checking the hash and the size more carefully. I still have an issue while trying updating the package: I changed the script inside the package, and uploaded it to Jam...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

--eraseinstall for macOS Big Sur

What are people doing to get around the --passprompt or --stdinpass when running the --eraseinstall command with the Big Sur installer? I have a script available in Self Service for users that want to wipe their machines that works great in Catalina ...  View more

• 50 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems setting up new iPads

I seem to be having trouble connecting new iPads to Jamf. Normally this would happen during the setup process but it is not. Wondering if there is a problem with my account setup or something?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LaunchDaemon and LaunchAgent issue

Hey folks, I am having an issue that is perplexing me to no end. I have both a LaunchDaemon and a LaunchAgent that run at boot. From what I read, the LD should run when the computer is turned on, even before someone logs on. Currently its running whe...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking New Outlook

Wondering if anybody knows when 16.38 will be available for the com.microsoft.Outlook configuration profile options with the JAMF repository. Looks like 16.38 brought support for hiding the new outlook button, but the latest available is 16.32  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Teams version

I've been getting a notification that Microsoft Teams v330874 is available on my Jamfcloud instance for the last couple weeks, but can only find v328778 on macadmins.software and Microsoft's website. Anyone else having this issue with patch managemen...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 4 kudos

rsync changing ownership

I resurrected an old script. I have it all working in Catalina but when I go to view owners it seems that they are all reset to the local admin rather than the the source's owner. From what I can tell, the arguments are correct to not change them. An...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing iMovie on Staff devices using Self service app

Hi there all, I am trying to make iMovie available to my staff users on their enrolled staff device via the self service app running macOS 10.15. I have added some licenses for iMovie from the Apps and books section of ASM and assigned them to Jamf M...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Business case for a NoMAD Login deployment

I need to come up with a business case for deploying NoMAD Login within my organization. We already deploy the NoMAD utility, but still bind our Macs to AD as our 802.1X Wi-Fi network requires eligible systems to be domain joined. However, in the med...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers / JAMF Admin

Anybody know why JAMF Admin is lying to me and claiming there are no printers mapped on the computer? I downloaded the Ricoh / NRG drivers, installed , then selected the driver when adding printer through system preferences. Prints fine, but JAMF Adm...  View more

961f1c6b4e9441b0b6909db451286bd3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big sur on VMware fusion enroled as iOS device .

Hi, I recently installed Big Sur in VMware fusion and tried enolling the device with user initiated enrolment. This installed the CA cert and MDM profile but the device wasn't showing in Jamf . Later I enrolled the device with QuickAdd package which ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Airs Low disk space - Other category

How do others handle low disk space scenarios? Most of the time its the other category and usually in the user's home folder ~/Library/Containers @pbowden - Office VPP related question, is there any cleanup scripts or folders inside ~/Library/Contain...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault problems...

I use a configuration profile to enable filevault, which works fine in most cases but I have approximately 70 machines that are FV eligible, that have received the configuration, but have no disks encrypted? I've followed the official guidance and ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOs Big Sur update

Hello folks, I am a bit confused regarding the "softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Big Sur" command. I have ran it throughout our fleet having in mind that it is valid for 90 days. Is this true? I couldn't find any article on how long this command would ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SplashBuddy?

Can anyone share their experience with SplashBuddy? It looks great but I see a lot of issues. It does seem like the developer maintains it. Just seeing if that is better than just something like DEP Notify. https://marketplace.jamf.com/details/splash...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when trying to downloading Big Sur

I get an error when I try to download Big Sur from both Terminal and directly from the App Store. The error is "Update not available | The requested version of macOS is not available because this update is managed by your system administrator. I did ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-Stage Enrollment & Passwords on Big Sur

Having two issues. Any feedback? 1) We have the options set to create a "Standard" user, users are always configured as admins. We can remediate by downgrading them with a script, but this seems super odd. Screenshot attached. 2) We have an enrollmen...  View more

09389582f07c459292b0d8f817e8caf5 8d6126fd488c4b73a03d0e2dace3f8c9 672ea296047b42a8aac1fa6c998f1675
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart policy not working?

I'm been having a LOT of trouble scheduling a restart policy. Or even just a policy that immediately restarts whatever is scoped to it when the recurring check-in occurs. I've got a policy, "Restart All" intended to just restart whatever I scope to i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Encryption shows not encrypted

Hey beautiful people! I have enrolled many MacBooks for our company, but some of our MacBooks are showing Not encrypted under the Disk Encryption part. I want to escrow the recovery keys back to jamf but when it shows unencrypted, it doesn't show any...  View more

96407573b6794391b8809ff182ce0505 11efb0374f91402692381b03fd95569c
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install a PKG with config files

Hello there I want to know if somebody know how to deploy a PKG with config files We use LiveNavigator for backup our macOS. For configure the server at the install the PKGs have to be run with a file name "autoconfig.txt" in the same folder. Regards...  View more

bdb259ad47eb4037872b4bb3d0d4d260
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uploading and distributing Mac apps - Jamf Pro 10.21.0

Hello everyone!Now I need to reach out for help once my colleague who is a Jamf guru has quit and I have had to take over. I've done this once, for two years ago and don't remember 100% how. And that was related to Bitdefender which worked a little d...  View more

e2c08b2afe6848dd91b12d7852f97dce
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad International Keyboard Configuration Profile

Hello friends: One of our clients (a K-12) is asking for some of their iPads to have a second, foreign language keyboard. I know how to do this manually in Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards, but I can’t figure out how to add a second keyboard...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors