Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Self Service Mac

Hey hey, self service doesn't open on Mac OS Big Sur.. This is from a fresh install of mac os Big Sur Not from a upgrade.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webex Teams - Version Reporting

Wanted to see if anybody had an extension attribute that would report the Webex teams version. Seems that Teams reports under applications the version that was originally installed. We leverage auto updates through the application and trying to find ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fast User Switching

Looks like the login payload for fast user Switching doesn't work on new mac OS 11 and one else have that issue?  View more

• 31 replies
  • 12 kudos

Defer Mac OS Updates for 30 days not working

Hi, I have a configuration profile set to defer Mac OS software updates for 30 days. I know this is only for point updates and major updates, however it still does not appear to be functioning properly. My understanding is that it would prevent the u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Approved Kernel Extensions on Big Sur

I thought apps that installed kernel extensions were being replaced with system extensions in Big Sur, but from what I'm seeing Box Drive and Cisco AnyConnect (4.9) are still installing as kexts. I installed both on a freshly wiped Big Sur machine an...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Big Sur Kernel Panics

Just trying to understand if this is isolated or if other users are finding that after upgrading to Big Sur you get a Kernel Panic. Im seeing this after forcefully rebooting as well after entering in my file vault password.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Blocking OS Notifications

Hi Folks, I have seen a lot of posts about blocking the App Store and so forth. I am looking for a sure fire way to disable the red badge and notification for OS updates. We manage the deployment of these updates and too often, a user will try to upd...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cisco Amp for Endpoints not working

Hi All, I realize there have been many discussions about this subject but I've been at this for the last couple of days and I can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to push out the client via script and it works beautiful but when I add the sys...  View more

6d44422241d245f0956d67555fe5742f 9e4b990e1b714d3196efca7271f97413 ac3513f81d064aeab945e252fa641059 360e35f2f25f4456bb7763de04bac04f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Screen Sharing via ARD

It looks like Big Sur breaks ARD screen sharing with Macs that already have it enabled. Anyone else seeing that, and know a way to reenable it if you are remote and can't screen share on a Mac via ARD anymore because of a Big Sur upgrade?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard Loading Issue

Lately I've noticed (this also happened to my coworkers) that when I log into JamfPro I find my dashboard loads for about a split second then disappears. I've tried the following steps to troubleshoot the issue. Clear my cache, restart browser. Try a...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Upgrade Bash Command

Does anyone know the correct Bash command to upgrade to Big Sur? I tried using "/Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense --forcequitapps --nointeraction" but it just hangs.  View more

• 88 replies
  • 2 kudos

Big Sur Version Number

We have noticed that JamF is reporting Big Sur as 10.16.0, but apple are declaring Big Sur as 11.0.1 This is causing a few problems with Smart Groups we have setup for Big Sur Testing.  View more

• 28 replies
  • 8 kudos

Package Big Sur installer with Composer issue

Hello, I downloaded and got the Big Sur installer which is 12.21 GB.When I try to package it with Composer, the pkg is only 15.6MB and damaged. I tried with Composer versions 10.25.1 and 10.26 beta. Do you have the same problem ? Thank you for your h...  View more

• 47 replies
  • 2 kudos

School On Premise Restrictions

I have been a user of Jamf/Zuludesk for a few years and something during summer has changed where i cannot seem to get my on school premise restrictions to work and when they leave they all come back. I have profiles assigned to my student year group...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 Installer Issue

Anyone getting the issue it just bounces in the dock then stops? It shows it’s still running under force quit, but the installerGUI never loads. I was able to get it to install via terminal. It downloaded officially from software update. Note this is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office and Big Sur support

With the official release of Big Sur today, we're pleased to provide day one support with Office 365/2019 apps. For the best experience on Big Sur, upgrade to the 16.43 release that went live on November 10. Also note that 16.43 will be the last rele...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

Deploying Splashtop in Lab

Has anyone successfully implemented Splashtop in an unattended lab environment. Their instructions here seem suspect. https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042998132-Deployment-with-Jamf-Pro  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS update blocked even after removing jamf

Departing employees have the option to buy their computer equipment at a fraction of the cost. Our offboarding process includes removing JAMF and leaving a user account as an admin. We recently got a message stating that the user cannot upgrade their...  View more

7a6792e1b3c14733a386425a11d9da1e
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Profile for Lock Screen Message

I've configured a Configuration Profile to display a message with our client's phone number and the device's Asset Tag. In the event the device is found it can be returned to the owner. However, the devices aren't being updated with their Asset Tags,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to rename Apple TVs anymore.

Forgive me if this has been posted and I've missed it. I've found similar issues but all were a few years old. I'm on Jamf Pro 10.25.1-t1602899070. We have seemingly lost our ability to name mobile devices. Specifically Apple TV's in this case though...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Institutional Key - FileVault2

Good morning, I am looking for some documentation, or know how on using an Institutional Key to decrypt a MacOS Catalina Drive. I have followed the instructions left on this post: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/27222/filevault-2-institu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors